main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chandrila Surprise (post-NJO / Jaina, Jacen, Jag, et al / Holiday Fanfic Contest) COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    She's three months along with twins and not showing?! *grumbles about showing at two* I'm so glad I never had weird cravings.

That's a great way for Jacen to make his announcement. I doubt it would have happened any other way.

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    This post was one big LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great. Thanks for making me smile today :D

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome endings Lex!!! :D I had a feeling Jaina was pregnant and the way you wrote it out was exquisite! [face_love] Then the way they found out about Jacen and Tahiri's secret was hilarious! [face_laugh]

Jacen didn?t know what else to do, so he simply shrugged, held out his hands in penitence, and flashed the trademark Solo lopsided grin.

?Surprise.?

[face_laugh]

That was awesome!!!! :D

4. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great Job!!!!!!!!

i love the weird cravings Jaya is having and the comment about jags son being the weird onee.......

and

i love the way han reacted about jacen and tahiri... that was just way too funny

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great ending Lex

[face_laugh] That was perfect. I needed the laugh. Still trying to get over an illness. Thank you very much for brighting my day.

6. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    ?Uh huh. I want some more of that Mon Calamari devil trout. With sweetbutter and some of those Kalarba spicy peppers. Oh, and those gingerbread cookies. Those were good too.?

?That combination is absolutely disgusting.?

Bla.... [face_disgusted]

?I?m aware of that,? Jaina shrugged. ?But your son has strange tastes.?

?My son??

Lol! His son, her daughter! Nice nice!

?Yes,? she insisted. ?My daughter is happy with caramel iced milk and juri fruits. Your son is the crazy one.?

?I understand,? Jag said with a perfectly straight face.

?Good.?

Ah, good to know it's only the men in Jaina's family that have the odd tastes in food.

?You can eat that way all you like once you?re out of me,? she promised her unborn son. ?Until then, give me a break once in a while, would you??

For a moment Jaina actually thought she felt a tiny smirk in the Force ? but quickly convinced herself she?d imagined it.

Lol!!! *shakes finger at son*

?I was coming in here to sit down? and I? and I saw?? ? she looked at Jacen ? ?you and?? ? she looked at Tahiri ? ?you and? you were? and you were??

ROLKFLMSAO!

?Everyone?s okay. Nobody?s hurt. There?s been kissing,? his father said. ?That?s all I need to know. Have a good night, everybody.

Ah yes, Han-of-the-one-track-mind-club. LOL!

Jacen didn?t know what else to do, so he simply shrugged, held out his hands in penitence, and flashed the trademark Solo lopsided grin.

?Surprise.?

Aww....what a wonderful ending!!

That was great! Can we maybe beg another post out of you??

7. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    "Surprise." I suppose that's certainly one way to put it... LOL!

8. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Part Three

Funny how everybody seemed to have guessed what Jaina was going to say...except for Han, who was taken by surprise. ;)

?The tricky question is whether your child will have wonderful grandfathers as well.?

?Hey,? Han and Soontir exclaimed at the same time.

[face_laugh] Wonderful, but they'll forever be at war with each other. I love these two characters so much and having both of them in the same story is wonderful. [face_love] So much potential with these two long time rivals, but the canon story has sadly neglected their relationship. :( Well, there's still the post NJO trilogy...

?I said,? Jag smiled with a tip of his head to Jacen, ?children.?

Leia gasped and Han blinked repeatedly. Syal?s eyes widened in shock and Soontir drained his tumbler in a single long chug. Tahiri inhaled sharply in astonishment and squeezed Jacen?s hand tightly. And most comically of all, while Luke sat smiling serenely Mara?s jaw actually hung open.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The individual reactions were too funny, but I think I found Luke's and Mara's most interesting... oops, she did it again. Are you trying to make a point about the two of them? Hmmm...

?Yes. Apparently two generations was not sufficient to satisfy the Force.? Wohoo!... I love it, they're having twins. :D I have a feeling this will happen in canon as well. It's a recurring theme. ;) [face_love]

Part Four

I want some more of that Mon Calamari devil trout. With sweetbutter and some of those Kalarba spicy peppers. Oh, and those gingerbread cookies. Um, yummm! [face_green] :p

?My son??

?Yes,? she insisted. ?My daughter is happy with caramel iced milk and juri fruits. Your son is the crazy one.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] It seems Jag has learned not to argue with a pregnant woman. He probably remembers his mother's mood swings during her numerous pregnancies.

..while her parents were meeting Lando and Tendra at Malastare for what no doubt would be yet another dubious financial investment.
    *snicker, snicker* ;)

For a moment Jaina actually thought she felt a tiny smirk in the Force
    Something tells me Jaina will get roundly recompensed for all the grief she's given her mother. :p

?Oh, come on,? he chuckled as he raised his head to look around the room, ?I think I?d know if ??

His twin was lying unconscious in the middle of the room.

[face_laugh] Captain Oblivious! - Isn't that one of the endearing monikers you've given our dear Jace?

It couldn?t have distressed them too much, really, if even Mara hadn?t brought her blade.
    *snickers* [face_laugh]

?I don?t think so,? Tahiri said.

?She means no,? Jacen said instantly, meeting her gaze pleadingly. ?No. No, she?s not.?

Tahiri blinked. ?Right,? she added with haste. ?I?m not. No, I?m not.?

[face_shocked] But she is!?! [face_shocked] :D You could just keep going with this story. Jaina and Tahiri going through concurrent pregnancies, but then of course Jag would be reacting differently from Mr. Decisiveness. Look what you've done - I'm mocking Jacen! [face_shocked] :_|

That was an awesome alternate ending to an already awesome ending, DL :p :D So funny! [face_laugh] Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that. :)

What a lovely short story, Lexie :D Now that it's over, I can only beg for more. I think I heard a mention of a trilogy. *winks at cyber twin* Please, pretty please?

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well, I have been a horrible lurker from the start of this story, but now I must comment.

I've always thought that the mark of a great storyteller is the ability to draw a diverse group to your work. I am by no means a Jacen/Tahiri fan but this story was so well done that I couldn't turn away. Simply brilliant from start to finish, Darth_Lex. I could ramble on about all the things I liked, but really there wasn't a part I didn't enjoy. As uncomfortable as I am with Jacen/Tahiri, it wasn't nearly enough to turn me off as a reader. Bravo Darth_Lex!

JD

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Very sweet story. I'm glad to see your Jaina finally committed to Jag and pregnant with another supply of Jedi twins ;). I never would have thought of pairing Jacen with Tahiri. Interesting. Don't try and have a romance in a house full of Force-sensitive people.

--MissPadme

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    TKL: This was an absolute riot to beta because I had to stop laughing long enough to take it seriously. Thanks for the beta ? and for your enthusiastic support for all four parts of the story. That woman is toting around your kids. GETUPANDFEEDHER! [face_laugh] Hey, if Jaina hasn?t learned to stop giving her husband a choice, that?s her own fault. [face_laugh] *nods approval again* The apprentice has learned well from the master. ;) ROTFLMAO! I saw my brother kissing a GIRL! ICK! LOL! Oh, it?s not a girl per se. It?s WHICH girl. [face_mischief] At this point you just have to cry - poor Jacen! Wow, I made you sympathetic toward Jacen! Woohoo! :D And yes, clearly Tahiri was not thinking of who else was in the room when she revealed that it?s even theoretically possible for her to be pregnant? [face_blush]
    RebelMom: *grumbles about showing at two* Two months? Really? I guess partly it?s that Jaina is ?lucky? ? and partly that she could?ve done a bit of concealing with her clothes. After all, I never did describe her belly that clearly. ;) I'm so glad I never had weird cravings. Maybe that?s the tradeoff you got. :) I doubt it would have happened any other way. Poor Jacen? :p
    Chimpo: Thanks! :D I?m glad you enjoyed it so much.
    J&J: I had a feeling Jaina was pregnant and the way you wrote it out was exquisite! Aww, shucks. [face_blush] Then the way they found out about Jacen and Tahiri's secret was hilarious! That plot bunny bit and wouldn?t let go. [face_laugh]
    JAGSGURL15: i love the weird cravings Jaya is having Poor Jaina? Her twins are so cruel sometimes? i love the way han reacted about jacen and tahiri... that was just way too funny Why does everyone always love having a laugh at Han?s expense? :p
    Bulldog: Thanks! :D Hope you feel better really soon!
    -Trickster-: Lol! His son, her daughter! Nice nice! Yeah, I think Jaina?s getting an early start on claiming the ?good? kid as hers. ;) Lol!!! *shakes finger at son* And her son is getting an early start on tormenting Mom. :) That was great! Can we maybe beg another post out of you?? Thanks! But no, this will be the last post of this story. :(
    Zara: Jacen never was one for eloquence. [face_laugh]
    Red: Funny how everybody seemed to have guessed what Jaina was going to say...except for Han, who was taken by surprise. When you combine distraction and denial, Han doesn?t stand a chance. :p So much potential with these two long time rivals, but the canon story has sadly neglected their relationship. I agree. It?s very fun to write them, that?s for sure. Are you trying to make a point about the two of them? Hmmm... Not really, other than that at this point NOTHING can surprise Luke. :cool: I have a feeling this will happen in canon as well. It certainly wouldn?t surprise me if they did. It seems Jag has learned not to argue with a pregnant woman. He probably remembers his mother's mood swings during her numerous pregnancies. Jag is very well trained. Definitely. :) Something tells me Jaina will get roundly recompensed for all the grief she's given her mother. No doubt! [face_devil] But she is!?! Tahiri is NOT pregnant. Geez! :cool: But what Tahiri forgot was the first rule of Telling The Parents: ?Just because we?ve admitted we kiss doesn?t mean it?s a good idea to admit everything else we do.? :eek: [face_blush] [face_laugh] Poor Tahiri? Poor Jacen? Look what you've done - I'm mocking Jacen! And these are all your own wild ideas. Tahiri is NOT pregnant. ;) Now that it's over, I can only beg for more. You know, my male mind is incapable of ignoring that blatant innuendo? [face_mischief] Sadly, this will probably be all the J/J I write for a while. But expect a certain PM tomorrow. [face_love]
    JDH3: Lurking for three days isn?t too horrible. :D I am by no means a Jacen/Tahiri fan but this story was so well done that I couldn't turn away. Thank you. I take that as a very high compliment indeed. :) Thanks for r

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Snicker snicker. Very cute alternate ending. Loved Jacen's befuddlement and being so engrossed in things he didn't even notice his twin thudding to the floor. LOL!

13. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks for the beta You're welcome. :)

Hey, if Jaina hasn?t learned to stop giving her husband a choice, that?s her own fault. Well I think that deserves your patented Touché

The apprentice has learned well from the master. [face_blush]

Wow, I made you sympathetic toward Jacen! What makes you think I don't symphathize with Jacen ?[face_plain] Just because I torture him endlessly doesn't mean I don't love him...

And yes, clearly Tahiri was not thinking of who else was in the room when she revealed that it?s even theoretically possible for her to be pregnant? Yeah that was way too much info for one day. Kissing each other uh huh. Everything beyond that Mom and Pop (and sister for that matter) might need time to absorb :p

14. jagsredlady

Oct 7, 2002
    You know, my male mind is incapable of ignoring that blatant innuendo? :eek: :eek: I am speechless... :p

Hey DL, I have a joke for you and everyone. :p

Santa is in the witness box, being questioned by the plaintiff's attorney (Santa is on trial). The attorney (Darth Lex) asks a question.

"Is it true that you were observed by several witnesses referring to my client, not once, but three times, as a Ho?"

Ho Ho Ho! Happy Holidays! :D

15. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    An alternate ending - Neat! And a very good one at that.

?My son??

Hee hee.

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh Red! How could you ?[face_plain]

That was so bad I had to laugh [face_laugh] ;) [face_laugh]

17. jagsredlady

Oct 7, 2002
    [face_laugh] I know it was lame, but I'm going to a holiday party tonight where I'll hear lots of lame jokes so I'm just practicing. :p

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Please, please, please, please, please, Lex!
    I want more of this story!!!!!!! [face_begging]

ROTFLOL!!!!! :D

Jacen was so hysterical! And the family being called by a Force distress call is so funny. Tahiri & Jaina were a crack-up too! [face_laugh]

19. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    OMG, Lex, that was soooo funny! [face_laugh] I'm at work right now, so you can imagine the looks I've been getting from my office mates. (Tires usually aren't this humorous.) Luckily, I've got a reputation for being a bit off-center, so no one has questioned me.

Looking through the replies, I was sad to see that you aren't planning to do any more J/J for awhile. You would do such a fantastic job with the prequel TKL and I have been begging for!

20. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Loved the additional ending, Lex. :D Luke and Mara could've sympathized with Jacen and Tahiri. They had to spring their own little "We're in love" surprise on everyone at one time also.

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    PLJ: Loved Jacen's befuddlement and being so engrossed in things he didn't even notice his twin thudding to the floor. LOL! Yeah, that was a plot bunny I just couldn?t pass up. :D Glad you enjoyed the story.
    TKL: Well I think that deserves your patented Touché The woman is always right ? she just has to remember to remind him. ;) What makes you think I don't sympathize with Jacen Umm, let?s see. Because he?s the apprentice of the man you call Dorkwalker? Could that be why? [face_laugh] Kissing each other uh huh. Everything beyond that Mom and Pop (and sister for that matter) might need time to absorb Exactly! :D
    Red: I have a joke for you and everyone That was a truly terrible joke. [face_laugh]
    karebear214: And a very good one at that. Thanks! I?m glad you liked it. ;)
    TahiriSoloFan: I want more of this story! Sorry, this is all there is. :( Jacen was so hysterical! And the family being called by a Force distress call is so funny. I thought it would be fun to make Jacen suffer a little. And if the family thought Jaina?s scream was surprising? :p
    Jags_Scoundrel: OMG, Lex, that was soooo funny! Thanks! :D Luckily, I've got a reputation for being a bit off-center, so no one has questioned me. I?ve found that to be a very effective strategy myself. ;) You would do such a fantastic job with the prequel TKL and I have been begging for! Well, I have more than a page of notes typed up already? But my main story has to take precedence for now. With any luck I will write more J/J soon but I can?t make any promises. :(
    Jedi-2B: Luke and Mara could've sympathized with Jacen and Tahiri. They had to spring their own little "We're in love" surprise on everyone at one time also. Very true. If I had to guess, I bet Jaina is the most traumatized of the bunch? :p

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The story was a lot of fun to write and I?m delighted you all enjoyed it.

Have a safe and happy holidays. :)

22. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The woman is always right Glad to see I have beaten that into your head ;)

she just has to remember to remind him. If you insist. I'll put that on my list with "Remember to go for an incorrigible on as many posts as possible." :p

Because he?s the apprentice of the man you call Dorkwalker? Could that be why? Luke's walk on the Dork Side has nothing to do with Mister Oblivious' shortcomings, for which I find a million reasons to torment him. The two things are mutually exclusive. You should know better, Counselor.

23. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Well, I have more than a page of notes typed up already? But my main story has to take precedence for now. With any luck I will write more J/J soon but I can?t make any promises.

That's okay. I can wait! :D

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Aww! That was great, Darth_Lex!

25. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Cute story, Lex. I wasn't spoiled, as I kinda saw the pairings coming throughout the NJO. :)

I really liked Jaina's gift to her mom, and Leia's understated but heartfelt reaction. Neat touch. :)

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.