side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator Palpatine

Senator Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 1999
    <Yesterday in class I got bored and started this story. It is a story to see how the galaxy will survive without...>

The Search For Truth

Chapter One

Jacen Solo stepped out of the shuttle to find Jaina and Anakin waiting. A great depression filled the air. How would the galaxy survive without...No he wouldn't think about it. He wouldn't believe it.

He would think of the better things in his life. He was joining the Jedi Council, but things wouldn't be the same without...why couldn't he stop thinking about it?

He had to push it out of his mind or he was likely to burst into tears. Part of him wanted to let the tears out, but he had to be strong. For Mo'bi, his thirteen year old apprentice. For Anakin. For Jaina. But most importantly, for his mother. Not to mention almost everyone else in the galaxy, for he was here to replace...No he would not believe it.

--------------------------------------

Three days had past since his arrival and Jacen still found it hard to believe. Everyone was here now and they would start the funeral proceedings soon.

Jacen's safety bubble had now been burst for the third time in his life. The first had been Chewbacca, screaming curses at the moon of Sernpidal as it came crashing down on him fifteen years ago. The second had only been a few years ago and it still stung when he thought about it. The loss of his father had been a great one. He had been caught in a cantina brawl, while trying to find some information, and been shot in the back. And now this.

How could the galaxy survive without...He remembered how ignorant he had been when he was little saying "But no one can kill a Jedi." If only that were true.

They arrived now at the temple where the fneral pyre would burn. Jacen entered first. Followed by his mother. Then, Jaina. Anakin. And Mo'bi. Next came the Jedi Council and the diplomats. And finally, as many of the thousands of citizens of the Republic, that had come to pay their respects, that could cram into the small circular room.

In the center lay the body of the deceased. Still. Lifeless, but almost as if he were only in a deep sleep.

Jacen stepped up next to the platform where the body lay and began his speech,"Luke Skywalker was a great Jedi and hero. In his lifetime, he trained 1,324 Jedi. All he knew on a personal level and all he treated as his own children. He defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor and that was only the beginning of his career as a Jedi. He began to train new Jedi in a place he called a praxeum. Some years later he married Mara Jade and together they became one of the most powerful couples in the galaxy. He went to great lengths to restore the Jedi Council. And he helped in the fight against the Yuzahn Vong. In his later years, he sat at the head of the Jedi Council, only taking those missions he felt he needed to. And died, what he believed to be, trying save the galaxy one last time. You would assume that he would have lived an unhappy life, but those were the things he loved. Making the galaxy a safer place for everyone else. All of you."

Jacen turned and lit the funeral pyre, walked back to his place next to his mother and everyone stood there in silence while it burned.

-------------------------------------

Hours later, Jacen still stood there. Alone. Only with his thouhts as his company.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 04-11-2000).]

2. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    Excellent story. Can't wait to read more. Keep up the great writing! Good character development and catches your interest right away.

3. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    What, you're stopping there??? I do hope you'll give us the story of how Luke died....his last act saving the galaxy??? Please tell us!!

4. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    <Thanks for the responses. I'll write some mmore.>

Jacen thought long about his uncle. Remembering all of the times they had spent in training and in battles. He still had a hard time accepting his uncles death. He now had the task of cleaning out his Uncle's quarters inside the Temple of the Jedi, the building on Coruscant that housed the Jedi Council's meeting area. He knew the journey back from Tatooine would be a long one. He still had no idea why his uncle would want to be buried here, on this desolate place Luke had once called his home. He remembered his time spent with his Uncle fondly, but realized that this was no time to look back. This was a time of great change in the Republic. And he had to return to Coruscant. There were too many issues for him to deal with to just stand around and remember his Uncle.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-16-2000).]

5. T-Bone Kenobi

T-Bone Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2000
    That was absolutely incredible! PLEASE give us the stories behind the demise of Luke Skywalker and long time friend Han Solo. Wher their deaths nobal, in vein, avenged...???

Great job my freind.

6. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    <Since you asked for it, I guess I can squeeze some more out of my little tiny head...lol>

On the trip back to Coruscant, Jacen meditated most of the time. The only time he exited his quarters was to eat and even then it was late at night when everyone else was asleep. They landed at sunrise and Jacen thought to himself how symbolic of what the galaxy was going through. The beginning of a new time. A time where Luke Skywalker was only a memory.

7. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    <More.>

Chapter Two

Jacen stepped into Luke's quarters. He felt like an intruder, being there while his Uncle wasn't. But he would have to get used to that feeling. Because this would now have to be his home. He stood there for what seemed like an eternity, but couldn't have been more than ten minutes. He began to pack things up and after a short time came across a holocron. He knew he shouldn't go into his Uncle's personal things, but his curiousity got the best of him. An image of Luke appeared in front of Jacen. Jacen could tell by the way Luke looked, that this had been years ago.

"Hello. My name is Luke Skywalker. Six years ago I destroyed Darth Vader and his Emperor. I was the last of the old Jedi or am I the first of the new Jedi. It doesn't matter. What matters is that I have started a learning center for the Jedi. I will chronicle my thoughts and the events that happen to me on this holocron for later generations to learn from what I have been through."

Jacen stopped the holocron there, realizing he had stumbled upon some kind of diary. He tucked it into the pocket of his tunic.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-19-2000).]

8. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Awesome story! My only problem is what happend to Mara? Was she killed by the disease, did they have a kid or was she pregnant and join some Sith cult in a mass suicide? Inquiring minds want to know!

ThanX Keep up the good work!

9. T-Bone Kenobi

Jan 9, 2000
    Awesome stuff Palpy!!! Always leave them wanting more.

10. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    < TK-667 I'm not sure where Mara is right now. She isn't dead though. Here's more to leave you wondering...lol>

Jacen returned to his mother's home, where he was staying temporarily, and watched more of the entries on the holocron. He heard about Exar Kun, the "return of Thrawn", the Yuzahn Vong and other important events. But the last entry caught his attention. The image was of Luke as he looked just days before his death. He began:

There is a disturbance in the Force. And although my colleagues have not felt it, I know it is there. It is something dark. I have searched thoroughly and think I may have found the answer, but I must travel to the planet of Colacca, on the Outer Rim, to be certain. My colleagues think I am losing my mind. That my old age has caused these "delusions." But they are not delusions, they are real. And I will find what I am looking for, no matter what it takes."

The image of the great Jedi Master disappeared and Jacen was left very confused.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-17-2000).]

11. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    <More.>

Jacen Solo stepped into the Jedi Council room, knowing what he must do. He stood before the other eleven members of the Council.

"While I was cleaning my Uncle's quarters I stumbled upon some research that he had been doing before his death. Now it seems to me like this should be further investigated. With the permission of the rest of the members of the Council I would like to finish the mission started by my Uncle."

"There was no mission," Kerph Stal, the Jedi Master who had taken Luke's place as the head of the Council, said.

"Then, why did my Uncle seem to think so?" Jacen inquired.

"Your Uncle was a 'crazy old wizard'," Kerph retorted.

"My Uncle saved the gala-"

"Your Uncle was losing his mind!" Kerph interupted.

"No, I don't believe you."

"The whole Council knows. Go ahead, ask them."

"If he was losing his mind, then why was he sitting at the head of the Council?"

"For the public. They all thought he should be in that position, so we let them think he ran things, but he had no real power."

"Well I'm going to finish his mission, whether you like it or not."

"By finishing that mission, you disobey a direct order from the Council, not only will that cause you to lose your seat on the Council, but also to lose your apprentice."

"My Uncle assigned Mo'bi to me personally because he didn't trust anyone else with the training of his son."

"Well your Uncle no longer has a say in the matter, now does he?"

Jacen stormed out of the Temple infuriated.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-17-2000).]

12. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    More please! I am really intrigued, I can't wait to read what happens next. This is well written and has a good plot with original ideas.

13. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    Jacen stood there in his room thinking of everything that had just happened. He no longer was on the Council. He no longer had an apprentice. But he still had his mission.

"Artoo, he called to his droid,"Ready my personal ship."

The droid left the room to prepare Jacen's modified N-1 starfighter. One of the ships they had learned about in the recent years of searching for information from the Old Republic. This particular design came from some planet called Naboo. Jacen had never heard of the planet, but he liked this design. It had a certain elegance to it.

He had added a hyperdrive to it and a storage compartment and a few other gadgets that were essential in these times that they hadn't needed back then.

Jacen got together a few of his things and prepared to go. But first, he figured, he would need to leave a message to his mother.

He turned on the recording devise and began,"Mom, I have found a diary kept by Uncle Luke which explains some of the details of his last mission. I believe it was never finished. I am going to finish it for him. Because of my decisions I have been removed from the Council and my apprentice has been taken away from me. I don't know when I will return or if I will return, but this is something I must do. I love you. May the Force be with you...Always."

He gathered his things and left the room.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-19-2000).]

14. Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Hey Senator Palpatine, I have an idea for you. You should introduce Luke's son. He should be called Ben, after Obi-Wan. It sounds like something he would do, name his kid after his teacher and good friend. Keep up the good work!

15. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    Jacen made his way to the docking bay. As he was walking down the hall he heard some one call out,"Master!"

He turned around to see Mo'bi.

"Mo'bi, there is something I must tell you."

"What is it, Master?"

"I'm not your Master anymore, Mo'bi. I've done some things the Council doesn't approve of and they took away my right to train you and my right to sit on the Council."

"I don't care what the Council says. You are my Master."

"No Mo'bi, I'm not. Not anymore."

"If I have to defy the Council myslef, I will keep on being your apprentice."

"Mo'bi you know your father would never approve of you defying the Council."

"Oh and he would approve of you defying them?"

"You know I only do things against the rules if I feel strongly about them."

"Well, I feel strongly about it too."

"You don't even know what it is I am talking about."

"I know that if you feel it is right, then it must be."

"Mo'bi this is something I have to do alone. You can't come with me. It's not my place to put you in danger. Now, go back to the Temple of the Jedi and they will assign you a new Master."

"Fine." Mo'bi took off down the hall, never stopping to look back. That hurt Jacen, but he knew it had been something he had to do.

16. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    He sat there thinking of the events that had just happened. He had to forget about them. He had one goal now, getting to Colacca. But he couldn't stop thinking about how childish the other had been. He was acting much younger than he really was.

STOP! He thought to himself,You have to get to Colacca. You have to find out what Master Solo is doing there.

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-20-2000).]

17. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    Chapter Three

Mo'bi decided he wouldn't head to the Council, but to his Aunt Leia. He knew there he would find a ship. He would just have to leave a holo telling his aunt that he had taken the ship on a very important mission.

He walked to Leia's personal docking bay and there found the Millenium Falcon.

He began the recording.

"Aunt Leia, I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but I had to commandeer the Millenium Falcon for a very important mission. I will return her as soon as possible. May the Force be with you."

He boarded the Falcon and sat at the controls, flipping on all the neccessary switches for take off, when a voice came over the comm.

"Millenium Falcon, this is General Bolak, where are you going, Leia?"

"Uh, this is Mo'bi Skywalker, my aunt has given me permission to use her ship for an important mission."

"Really? Why wasn't I notified?"

"There wasn't enough time. I was just asigned the mission moments ago."

"I'm sorry, I'm going to have to check with Leia Organa Solo first."

Dammit! Mo'bi thought to himself. Now how am I ever going to find out what Master Solo is doing on Colacca?

[This message has been edited by Senator Palpatine (edited 03-21-2000).]

18. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    She sat hunched over next to the rock crying.

If only I had done something different she thought.I could have saved him. I could have saved him. If only I would have told him not to go. Or if I had gone with him. I could have saved him. I could have saved him. Why didn't I go with him? Why? I could have saved him. I could have saved him.

19. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Coming along slowly but surely, keep up the good work!

BTW whos crying in the last post, Leia or Mara.

Oh, well, I'll tune in next week, same SW time and same SW channel!

20. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

21. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    Mo'bi decided he didn't have time to wait for his aunt. And even if he did, she probably wouldn't let him take her ship. He was leaving he knew, actually hoped, his aunt would understand.

He took off and heard General Bolak screaming at hijm, but he just shut the comm off.

"Boring conversation anyway."

He rocketed away from Coruscant and put in the calculations for the jump to lightspeed.
    The stars turned to white lines and Mo'bi realized this was going to be a long flight by himself.

22. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    Jacen came out of lightspeed in front of the green world of Colacca. As far as he could tell it matched the description, he had found during his research here,perfectly.

There was something wrong though. He could feel something wrong. He didn't know what. But it must have something to do with Uncle Luke's research he thought to himself.

23. The Jedi Princess

Oct 30, 1999
    MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!!!!

OK, I am back now, but please post more.

24. Senator Palpatine

Mar 6, 1999
    She dried her tears and decided to meditate. She saw many visions.

The first she was in some kind of generator room. And she was running to catch up with Luke, who was fighting a dark warrior, but some kind of barrior passed between them and she couldn't get to him before the dark warrior stabbed him with a mortal blow.

The second she was inside a hangar bay, which looked similar to one she had seen on the Death Star. And Luke was fighting another dark warrior, this one looked familiar though. Again she tried to get to him beore he was slain, but something was stopping her and then an army of stormtroopers came after her.

She came back to reality and realized that there was nothing she could have done to save her husband.

25. T-Bone Kenobi

Jan 9, 2000
    Very, very good! Keep it coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.