main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Changes (Dear Diary Challenge 2009; Koria, OC;humor, drama, angst) Updated 7/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    TMJ: She'll learn that eventually.

Trika: Yep, Koria isn't destined to have a boring life. ;)

Kit' At ten years old, it's even worse because the other girls who haven't began their puberty tend to be nasty about it, and Kor is already an outsider.

earlybird: [face_laugh] You said it!

Darth Muis Yeah, it's like you really get to know someone because they tell what's hiding inside to their diary.

Vadey: Thanks :)

Darth_Bliss: OK :)

Telona 8:

Well, I survived my first week in the double digits. Well, I still have to get through tomorrow, but that should be no problem. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. There is a daen kon jwe trial, and if I pass, I will become a black belt. Well, a junior black belt. Kids my age can't go any higher than that, but when I'm eighteen, I'll be able to become a full black belt and get the higher degrees.

I really enjoy daen kon jwe. It's like dancing with attitude. hehe Seriously though, when I'm performing a kata or fighting an opponent, nothing else exists.

Nothing.

Not even the kids who scorn me because I'm a half-breed. Now they're also making fun of me because of my "bumps". Damn it, is that stupid or what? They hate me because I'm growing up faster than they are! Well, tomorrow they won't exist for me. It'll just be me and the other people who are taking the trials.

I'm glad my period is over!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update and seeing her having fun with that sports.

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    They hate me because I'm growing up faster than they are!
    Kids can be just mean and jealous about anything and everything. And with that kind of training in a martial art, not saying that I know what may happen, but I figure Koria will at least want to beat the hell out of a few people in her young life. :p

Thanks for the update! :)

Trikes

4. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Trika, just in her younger life? :p

I hope Koria does well at the tournament. I'm glad she has something that helps her to forget and redirect herself more positively. I feel sorry for her though. :(

5. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Well, she's getting an early start, anyway, in addition to what comes later on. :p LOL.

6. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, kids can be cruel... Good update!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Puberty is the same, even in the GFFA! :D

=D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird: Thank you :)

Trika: Yes, there is always temptation. [face_mischief]

TMJ: Don't let her here you say you feel sorry for her, or she may feel vindicated in feeling sorry for herself instead of directing her considerable energy into a more positive attitude. :p You don't have long to wait for the trial results.

Darth Muis: Thank you :)

Vadey: And I'm so fond of it, I wouldn't have it any other way! :p

Telona 9:

Diary, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now.

I'm numb.

The good news is I passed the trials with flying colors. I have my black belt. The judges praised me, one of them saying she'd never seen both power and grace exist in such harmony in anything but the animals that represent the different ways of daen kon jwe.

But while everyone was celebrating after the trials, my grandma had a massive heart attack. She collapsed right at my feet! She's in the hospital right now, fighting for her life. I'm with my cousins at Uncle Paol's house... they went by my house so I could get a change of clothes, pajamas, and anything else I'd need for a night's sleepover. My parents are at the hospital with grandpa.

I want to be there, too!

Grandpa looked so lost while the emergency crew worked on grandma. If I were there with him, I'd sing him the lullaby grandma always sung to us when me and my cousins visited. I think it'd comfort him:

[i]Stars above guide us,
    'til dear ones are beside us!
    Give us your light
    so we can show your love so bright![/i]

I would also apologize to him, 'cause I think what happened to grandma is my fault. They say pride causes a fall. Well, when I received my black belt, I was full of pride... and grandma fell.

But how can I not feel pride in doing well? I worked hard for that black belt. It's not fair to punish grandma for me feeling pride. I don't understand how the gods could be so cruel. She's never done anything but be kind and compassionate to everyone she meets!

Please, gods above, if you have any sense of love and compassion, please let grandma be okay!

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Awww... I hope someone tells her it's not her fault. :(

10. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    QFT. Poor thing. I hope grandma turns out okay. :(

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    What a terrible thing to have to deal with at her age! :_|

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Stars above guide us,
    'til dear ones are beside us!
    Give us your light
    so we can show your love so bright!

Lovely poem
    and such a terrible thing to happen for her.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I be added to the PM list?

14. Darth_Bliss

Darth_Bliss Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2008
    Aw, poor little one. :(

15. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    That's sad. And sad that she's blaming herself for it. Good update!

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    TMJ: They will if the realize she blames herself. She's only confessed her supposed guilt to her diary. :(

Trika: What's "QFT"? [face_blush] I hope she'll be okay, too.

VaderLVR64: Life's not been exactly kind to her, but at least she has a loving family to help her through it.

earlybird: Thanks :)

moosemousse: [voice=Curly]Why coitainly[/voice] :p

Darth_Bliss: Yeah, she needs a hug.

Darth Muis: Thanks.

[u]Telona 10:[/u]

Well, grandma is still alive today. She's still in serious condition, and they're monitoring her closely. She hasn't woken up yet. Mom dropped by to give us the news and drop off some more clothes for me. I'm still going to stay here at Uncle Paol's house because my parents are staying with grandpa at the hospital. He refuses to leave grandma's side, and dad refuses to leave him alone. I asked mom if I could go with her to the hospital, but she says they don't allow anyone under twelve into the ICU ward.

Figures.

I'm old enough to have a period, but still treated like a friggin' youngling! It doesn't help that mom dropped off Master Sighanee... my stuffed mooka I named after the Jedi that had rescued us from Diarno... I'm not sure I'm spelling the name right though.

Every time I hold Master Sighanee, I wonder whatever happened to the Knight and his Padawan. Maybe someday I'll find out.

Anyway, since I couldn't go to the hospital, I sent a note with mom to give to grandpa. It just had the words to the lullaby grandma always sang... the full lyrics, not just the ones I wrote down yesterday.

17. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Awww.... I hope they read that to her out loud, or let her put the note up in her room. Poor Koria - I'd want to visit too.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Poor Koria not being able to go. And liked her mooka .

Great update

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful update, very "real." Loved it! =D=

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I agree with the above. Very beautiful and so real, indeed. Poor Koria!

Oh, and "QFT" means "quoted for truth." It's pretty much an enthusiastic agreement with a previous opinion or statement here on the JC. ;)

21. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Good update! Like MamaVader said, the story and the characters feel very "real".

And a reference to the Jedi Prince books! [face_laugh] Good stuff!

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Poor Koria, I think I'd want to visit as well. :(

23. Darth_Bliss

Darth_Bliss Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2008
    Good update. The mooka-part was really nice.

24. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    TMJ: You'll find out soon :)

earlybird: Thanks :)

Vadey: Thanks, I remember what it was like to be deemed too young to go see a loved one in the hospital... it really sucked.

Trika: Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Oh, and thanks for the info, too. :D

Darth Muis: LOL I didn't realize what you were talking about then i realized the mooka was from the books you mentioned. I must confess, I never read them. I just looked up creatures in wookieepedia for likely specimens that would make cuddly stuffed animals.

moosemousse: Yeah, it's no fun to be left out.

Darth_Bliss Thanks :)

[u]Telona 12:[/u]

I got to see grandma today!

Oh... I forgot, I didn't write you yesterday, diary. Uncle Paol and Aunt Vara kept me busy... probably to keep me from moping so much. Anyway, grandma woke up early yesterday morning. She was weak, and didn't stay awake for long, but she was much stronger today. She asked grandpa to show her the note I wrote that had the lullaby on it. It seems that even though she wasn't conscious, she heard grandpa reading it to her. She saw it was from me, and asked to see me.

The doctors didn't want to let me come, but she was very demanding.

Hehe, grandma may be one of the sweetest old women in the galaxy, but she can be very stubborn when she sets her mind to it.

So, fearing she'd have a turn for the worse if they didn't appease her, the doctors let me come.

Go grandma!

Anyway, when I got there, I was kinda nervous. Hospitals smell funny... it's a rule that they have to or something to keep the germs out... the odor kills them, not the actual anticeptics or whatever they call 'em. Also, I still felt guilty about what happened. So, the first thing I did when my eyes met grandma's from across the room... i just stood in the doorway to afraid to go in because she looked wierd with all these tubes and stuff... was start crying like a baby as I exclaimed, "I'm sorry grams, I didn't know they would make you fall 'cause of my pride. I'll never be proud again, just get better!"

Then I turned and ran down the hallway... well, tried to anyway... when I turned, i only took one step before running into a nurse.

A big nurse.

He was a Zabrak, and was really tall with huge horns. I wound up on my butt. The nurse... Kyatzu was his name... helped me back up and he had a nice deep voice... one of those voices that kind of filled you up with the vibrations of it even when it was soft... anyway, he spoke in that deep, soft voice, asking if I was okay, and led me back into the room.

Grandma asked to be alone with me, and everyone left. I stood there sniffling like a youngling, looking down at the floor as they did. Mom and dad both patted my shoulder, and dad kissed me on the forehead before leaving. When we were alone, grams asked me to come to her. I still didn't look up as I came to her bedside, and she reached out her hand and raised my chin. "Now, what makes you think you caused my heart attack?"

"Everyone says pride comes before a fall, and I was never so proud as when I got that black belt." I'm afraid I stuttered and stammered quite a bit while saying it.

"Oh honey..." She reached out her other hand as she asked me to climb up onto the bed so she could have a hug. I think she just wanted to hug me because she knew I needed it... she's like that. She gives things you can share but makes you think it was she who needed it. I wept on her shoulder as she held me. Once my crying settled, she told me her collapse had nothing to do with my pride, that she'd been feeling under the weather for several weeks and grandpa had begged her to go to the doctor, but she shrugged it off to just getting old. "It wasn't your pride sweetheart, but my own."

I started crying again. My voice squeaked as I told her I loved her.

"I love you too, Korcore." That's her nickname for me. She says it means heart of her heart.

Anyway, she pointed to my note which was hanging on the wall and said she thought my writing was so beautiful that she wanted to

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely moment between these two! [face_love]

The doctors didn't want to let me come, but she was very demanding.

Hehe, grandma may be one of the sweetest old women in the galaxy, but she can be very stubborn when she sets her mind to it.

So, fearing she'd have a turn for the worse if they didn't appease her, the doctors let me come.

Go grandma!

Yeah, my mom is like that. 85 pounds of sheer determination! :p

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.