main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Chapter Twinning Programme

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Fan Force has apparently RE-Introduced the FF Chapter Twinning Programme in order to build bridges between chapters all over the World.

The programme aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' between two boards that usually would never have met. This starts virtually, but could ultimately end up in real life meets and the inclusion of your twinned chapter in the header of your board

I heard of this only this morning, so I thought I would post it here to see if Capital City was interested in the programme. It appears to be quite loose and totally voluntary.

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    This sounds like a very cool idea! What would be the nearest FanForce chapter to us?

VFF

3. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I suspect they are suggesting something a bit further, Spmeplace that we wouldnt normally think of contacting.

That brings up another interesting idea tho, we have Montreal and Toronto chapters (And likely upper New York) that are within 2 to 4 hours of us. We should consider trying to do something where we invite them up to meet us.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Don't forget Niagara and London!

The twinning program is meant for chapters that normally wouldn't have a reason to communicate. For instance Buffalo and Atlanta are twinned. So members from one group post at the other's forum. Its a good way to get an alternate point of view on how to do things. Like any group, after awhile you tend to get into habits, and having an outsider suggesting different ways of thinking helps to keep things active.

5. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Minder said:

Absolutly!! It would be great if we could some how all get together and do an event!! Next question...how and what?

Eli

6. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Hello, I'm dropping in, visiting from the Montreal Fan Force boards. It's funny that you posted this topic because I was discussing the idea of a multi Fan Force activity/meet the other day with Uilmuteiz (the French RSA). I figure something sometime in the summer might work best for the members of our FF. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss an inter Fan Force group activity :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.