main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Character Backgrounds: An In Depth Character Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zedd-Vega, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Characters are best defined by their past histories and are later defined by their actions in movies or stories. But what makes a character explore the galaxy? What makes them want to fall to the dark side?

Is it the death of their parents? Perhaps a loved one? Is it their duty to protect the Republic at all cost and somehow failed, now they must redeem themselves? That is up to you now...

The challenge: I will give you a character outlook (A picture of maybe an existing character from the SW universe or maybe someone completely random like from a video game) and from that outlook, you make the name, the history, and the family of the character up to the beginning of their adventuring life. Feel free to explore the depths of your imagination and express your creative writing motors.

FIRST PIC:

[image=http://starwars.com/databank/character/asajjventress/img/eu2_bg.jpg]

HAVE FUN!

[face_devil]

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm working on a story about the Jedi Obi-Wan kneels next to on Geonosis, checking his pulse to find that he's dead. Of course, the story happens before AotC ;) Anyway, he's actually been in some of my stories already but I'm working on more backstory for him and a story of his own in the future :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Edit

Think I'll save this idea for a later story.

It was only a quick bio I imagined after seeing the pic. Not what you're looking for at all anyway... sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.