main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Characters Character Interview Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    HK-47: Observation: there does not seem to a question in either of the previous two posts. Meatbags can be so unreliable. Therefore, I shall employ my superior intellect to provide one.

Secondary observation: Today is the day that organics celebrate that amorphous collection of emotions and biochemical reactions they term “love”.

Query: As one of my former masters, the meatbag popularly known as the Jedi Exile, once asked me: What is love?

Lady_Misty, CaraJinn and Findswoman like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    AP-5: "Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sn—oh, come on, HK, that's your line!"

What characteristic of meatbags do you find most perplexing?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    GregMcP and Raissa Baiard like this.
  3. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    R2-D2: "They can be so funny. Sometimes they take the most irrational decisions."

Have you ever had to save your meatbag companion from trouble?

GregMcP, Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    BB-8: Lots of times; I sometimes think that some Organics are completely helpless without us Droids.

What emotion is the most perplexing?

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Arty Three (OC droid): I would have to say that for me, personally, it's anger. It just seems so extreme and irrational and loud. You can nearly hear the very emotion! It's also something that I haven't ever experienced myself, so I can only know it as an outside observer.

How do you know when what you feel is truly "love?"

Findswoman and Lady_Misty like this.
  6. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 2

Feb 2, 2015
    Zolph Vaelor (OC): I'm not sure. I've had a crush on Dynn before, but I was too afraid to confess my feelings until she was on her deathbed. But between my lack of real other friends at the time and the Force bond that developed between me and her after she went undercover in the Valkoran Empire, I guess my feelings were that obvious. She told me to move on, but given what I've been through and some other revelations of late, I'm honestly kind of scared to admit my feelings for someone else. I'm not saying who, because I don't want them to suffer the same fate as Dynn.

Have you had any crushes you were afraid to act on?

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Ronen Syndulla-Jarrus: Yeah, I had a crush on my best friend, Noemi, but she had a thing for Ben Solo. Thank the Force that didn’t work out, but even then I figured I was permanently friend zoned since we’d known grown up together and was just her best buddy, Ro, and everyone knows girls don’t go for their best buddies. But when we were trapped in the Jedi Temple, and I thought we were probably stuck there forever, I kind of confessed... turns out the feeling was mutual. So maybe girls do go for best buds, after all. Who knew?

Could you ever fall in love with your best friend?

Findswoman and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  8. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Nev(OC): Gaven and I did, so yeah. We been best friends since childhood but it took until we where both in our forties until we were finally to admit our feelings for each other and become a couple.

Did you ever experienced a platonic friendship that was stronger than love?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Findswoman likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Captain Hila Cox: That's hard to say because isn't friendship a type of love or don't you love your friends and as a result you would do almost anything for them? Yes there are different kinds of love like the love I have for my parents, siblings, their children, husband and children is different than the love i have for the men and women that i command even if I would lay down my life for them the same way I would for my children and then there's the love I have for my friends which is different than the love i have for my family and subordinates.

While I do love my home planet and have more of a deep respect for my planetary leaders, that only goes as far as they are loyal to the planetary laws, I respect the Mystics and their teachings because without a strong moral base you are nothing and you can have a strong moral base without being religious but you have to have a start on something whether it's the idea that actions both good and bad effect you as a person and others or the idea that certain actions and responses determine where you will end up in life or the idea that there's a higher power out there and certain things are expected from you as a person.

I personally believe in Destiny and Fate but that my actions can change my Destiny or Fate. If I chose to live a reckless lifestyle when I was younger, consuming lots of alcohol and Spice, my Fate would have been possibly to die young or suffer for years with addiction and substance abuse. But I didn't and instead my Destiny, so far, is a successful military career, a husband and children.

Do you like to have philosophical discussions?

GregMcP likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Darth Notnamedyet:
    Before I plunge my lightsaber into their heart, oh yes.
    They say they fight for the Light. For Good, whatever that is.
    But they fight for slavery. For rules and restrictions. For walls around themselves.

The Dark is true freedom. Maybe they understand that in the moment before their oblivion.

You're not a good person. You know that. Are you okay with this fact?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Lady_Misty and divapilot like this.
  11. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 2

Feb 2, 2015
    R9-C4: "Seefor = Originally commissioned for a crime lord. // Seefor = Satisfied with programming since activation. // Sidekicks = Appreciates Seefor's skills - Seefor's art. // Sidekicks = Appreciate Seefor's combat skills - cruel and unusual violence (especially not organic males being made into unicorns). // Seefor + Sidekicks = Good team."

Have you been chastised for using the Force in a questionable way?

GregMcP likes this.
  12. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Ezra: Ummm...maybe? Okay, there was that one time I made fyrnocks attack some Imps...and the tiny incident where I opened the Sith holocron...but other than that... Stop looking at me like that, Kanan!

What's something that your teacher/mentor/parent is constantly getting on you for?

GregMcP, Findswoman and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Kanda Sutakira: Mama is always telling me that I need to be more sure of myself and what I want for my future as well as the Sensei in the Training Fields. All my life I wanted to be a Shinobi, like my Mother before me, but recently I've become less sure if I truly want to be a Shinobi even if I have been training as one from a young age. Am I becoming one just because it's a family tradition? My Mama, my Aunt Swati, their Father and his Father, his Mother and her Father, going back over fifteen generations.

I will be traveling into the mountains meditate on my future in a few days.

Have you ever wondered if your choice in profession is influenced by what your parents do?

Sith-I-5, Findswoman, GregMcP and 2 others like this.
  14. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Kestrel Antilles: (laughing) Oh, I know it is! Although, in fairness to them, Dad never, ever pushed me into Starfighter Command. He always said I should follow my own star. As long as I was happy, and able to support myself legally, he'd back me. And Mom, well, she wanted me to be anything BUT a pilot. She'd be happier if I'd gone into accounting, or botany, or something. She was livid when she found out I was at the Academy.

If you had to take up a second profession from the one you're currently in, what would it be?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
  15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Rebekka Grunewald: Well manning a freighter's defense turret gives me more free time than helping navigate the ship so I guess I could take up writing, but I don't know what I would write besides my experiences as a soldier or growing up on a small "backwater planet" and, as of now, my war memoir, would just be one of hundreds of millions, if not hundreds of billions, out there and I'm not sure if people would want to read about me growing up; even if I happen to be from Erde where the odd Erde Ore hails from.

I guess I could sing at bars and cantinas when we make long stops on planets; I have a good enough range to at least make some money.

What would you do if you woke up one day and found yourself in a parallel universe?

16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Luke Skywalker: Um, I dunno...marry a redhead with a chip on her shoulder? I'll stick with this universe, thanks.

What would you do if you suddenly won 500,000 creds in the Grand Galactic Lottery?

17. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2018
    Britmar Seclu (OC): Donate it to the needy orphans. As in, I ain't got no parents, so I'm a needy orphan! :D

If you're trapped on a desert planet, what's the one item you'd want to have with you at all times?

GregMcP likes this.
  18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Hela Bach: A Military Grade Survivor's Kit. That way I have some water, some food, a shelter, a navigation device, a blaster and a small knife, a heat and cooling device and, hopefully, a map that will lead me to some form of civilization before my water and food supplies run out. I think that covers all my bases for a desert planet.

No Rebekka, I don't think saying a Military Grade Survivor's Kit is cheating as it is technically just one item that just happens to hold a lot of other items.

Who's right about the Military Grade Survivor's Kit: me or Rebekka?

Vek Talis and Raissa Baiard like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Lead Cadet Unamo: Well, if we're talking academic, your friend Rebekka is correct. However, if we are talking life and death on a desert planet, Becks can go drokk....uh, I mean she can go boil her head.
    And I'd add some warm clothing, and lumis to your list, as you should only be travelling at night, when it's cooler.

Uncle Snoke has asked if I want to have a pet. Never really thought about it before. What would you recommend for an active 15-year old girl?

Lady_Misty and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  20. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Evan Malek(OC): Equines have always been mankinds best friends. Our Eriaduan horses make particulary great pets as they are strong enough to survive even on death worlds and other hostile territory. They live of the land when need be and are loyal companions on travels, hunts and in battle. I would suggest adopting a young foal and rising it yourself to create a particulary strong bond with it.

Have you ever felt torn appart between your loyality to your nation and your own ideals?

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Shaman Ursula Bieber: I suppose I have. I was raised to believe that Harmony and Order are essential to maintaining Balance and that certain . . . rebellious actions can and will upset what can be a delicate Balance and lead to Chaos and Destruction. However, the Empire which outwardly to be something that at least represented Order really only promised a form of Chaos and Destruction that would lead to the deaths of many. It was hard to decide whether or not I was going to just stand by and be a good little girl and let the Empire exploit my world and slowly destroy the galaxy or if I was going to do what I felt I could to stop the Empire; knowing the entire time that if I was caught I would be killed and my children would be left without a mother.

I chose to help bring down the Empire and with some help from other Shamans, Elders, Sympathetic Imperials stationed on Erde and the First Ones I and many others weren't caught helping the Rebellion.

What is your favorite type of bed and bedding?

22. cookeycat

cookeycat Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2016
    < Mir {OC}: Sterilized skins of the sentient furry creatures. Lots of them.
    ~~~
    What is your worst habit?

23. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Kylo Ren:
    A little known fact about my heavy leather uniform is that it can take some time to put on and take off, and also one must maintain a certain dignity in front of the troops and that Hux.

So sometimes when I have fingers outstretched, seeming to manipulate The Force in some unknown manner, I am really using The Dark Side to scratch myself in certain itchy areas.

---

What is your weapon of choice?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: Sass.

Do you think I'm a terrible person for wanting to slap Anakin upside the head sometimes?

Lady_Misty, GregMcP and Findswoman like this.
  25. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Shmi Skywalker: Not in the least. I've felt the same way often, believe you me.

Fixing things: are you good at it? Bad at it? Somewhere in between?

Lady_Misty, Raissa Baiard and GregMcP like this.