main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Character Interview Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Kazuda Xiono: Me? Oh, yeah, I fix all kinds of stuff, because I’m totally an ace mechanic. Yep, that’s me...I can fix anything that spies...uh, flies! Heh, heh...why would I say spies? Heh...

Did you ever have a job you were completely unsuited for?

Lady_Misty, GregMcP and Findswoman like this.
  2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Admiral Piett:
    6 months ago I was an Assistant Manager in Stationary, but all of my superiors were either purged and shot for disloyalty or Force Choked by Mr Vader for incompetence.

And now I am in charge of this Super Star Destroyer and have no idea that I am supposed to do with it.

(My personal headcanon for my Star Wars Spirit Animal)

What was the most mundane job you ever had?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Mary Formal (E-Branch) - "That first month at 'The Refuge' orphanage in Romania, looking after children, aged between toddlers to about sixteen. Just me and my Romanian for Dummies tome. Then I had a one-to-one meeting with a colleague who explained that vampires were real, and The Refuge had been built over an interdimensional route from their parallel world of Starside.

Come to think of it, apart from the next week, that knowledge didn't make the remaining five months that much less mundane. I was a bit more on edge, obviously, but it didn't really change the day-to-day stuff."

So, I-5 was reading through several story character biographies for one of his roleplaying games (Paradoxical Echoes), yesterday, and began noticing a common theme; several had parents that had been imprisoned by the Empire for one reason or another.

Has anyone ever tried to rescue loved ones, or friends, from Imperial custody? If so, how did it go?"

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Kanan Jarrus: That depends on how you look at it. On one hand, I freed Hera from being tortured at the Imperial headquarters, retrieved her family’s kalikori from Thrawn’s office, and, as we were escaping, Governor Pryce fired on the Empire’s fuel depot, blowing it up and crippling the Advanced TIE fighter project.

On the other hand, I was standing on a fuel tank at the time...

What’s your ultimate good news/bad news story?

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Ansyn Turlock: The good news is I'm falling for a beautiful brunette. The bad news is I may have to change my entire worldview to win her over.

Have you ever fallen in love with a voice?

6. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Threepio: "Well, not exactly, but it was the marvellous burbling of his that made me tolerate R2 for so many years."

Are you a good singer?

Findswoman and GregMcP like this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Darth Vader: No one has ever told me I'm not...

Which quality do you prefer in a subordinate: initiative or loyalty?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Lady_Misty, Findswoman and GregMcP like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Kay Dervan(OC): Depends on the task at hand, but in the end a subordinate should posses something of both. As a leader you can´t be everywhere and need to delegate parts of the work to your subordinates, so they need to be initiative as well as loyal. Though if I had to choose I would choose initative, while rewarding them for their successes and keeping a personal contact with them to ensure their loyality, and should they ever begin to plot against me I have to rely on my spies and other intel to foresee their betrayals.

If you were a darksider would you choose a Sith name or choose to keep your original identity?

divapilot and Findswoman like this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    (Darth) Revan: Yes. :p

Are you good at persuading others to cooperate with you?

Sith-I-5, GregMcP and divapilot like this.
  10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Chewbacca: I think I am. I’ve been around a long time, gotten into lots of scrapes, but my friendly personality (and let’s face it, dashing good looks) have always seemed to win people over. Usually folks see the advantage of listening to my experience and my know-how. And if that doesn’t persuade them to do it my way, my bared sharp teeth and the rumor that I’ve actually pulled arms out of sockets generally does the trick.

Q: what’s something that a family member has done that either makes you beam with pride or cringe with embarrassment?

11. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Can I count Anakin as a family member? Guess I can since I considered him a brother in arms. Well, him turning all Sith was extremely embarrassing. I really wonder what I did wrong when I was raising him."

What was the last big celebration you participated in?

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Samantha Irisa, Baille Harte: "Oh, easily the celebration after the Battle of Endor. Down on the planet with the Ewoks. Surreal being with aggressive little teddy bears, but can those guys party!"

"You were at Endor? I didn't see you!"

"Well, I was flying a B-Wing. Where were you?"

"Dad turned up at Sullust in the Darth Unlucky, and tried to leave me in a creche aboard Home One."

"Tried to."

"As soon as he was out of sight, I managed to wangle my way into a Y-Wing that needed a gunner. Protecting the Medical Frigate."

"Were you in the Ewok Village as well?"

*Shakes head* "I partied aboard Home One. My alcohol tolerance was way down, with Mitch treating me like I'm eight, so I was probably unconscious fairly quickly. You got any questions for the next writer?"

"That's the hard part of this: Myths...do you believe that there were ever wasps the size of modern spaceliners, either alive, or hollowed out, pressurised and used as craft? Or do you think that is just a bunch of hooey?"

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.
  13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Han Solo:
    Wasps, whales, gigantic octopi, flying turtles with rockets flaming out of their leg holes
    [​IMG]
    It's true. All of it.

What did you do that fundamentally changed the fate of the Galaxy, that no one noticed?

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oola: I got eaten by a rancor. Not that I volunteered, mind you. But yes, my tragic life ended in the rancor pit as the creature’s afternoon meal. How did that change the galaxy? Well, by the time Luke Skywalker got tossed in, the beast was sluggish from digesting (me) and wasn’t really that hungry anymore. Because of that, Luke was able to take his time and plot out a strategy for getting away. Otherwise the rancor would have been on him in a hot Coruscanti minute. So in a way, I saved Luke, who in turn saved the galaxy.

You’re welcome.

Q. If you could go backwards or forwards in time (for example, back to the Clone Wars or ahead to the First Order days), what time period would you want to visit?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    OC Ansyn Turlock: Business is business no matter what time it is, but I have say that The Old Republic and the Clone Wars seemed like a more peaceful and prosperous time when compared to today?

If Force sensitive, would you want to join a newly opened Jedi School?

16. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    General Hux:
    Perhaps they have an online accreditation certificate. I need some lessons on how to prevent Kylo's Force Choking.

Do you remember your father fondly?

17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Luke Skywalker: Surprisingly, yes. I mean, obviously my relationship with him was.... complicated, and I never had much time to get to know him, but thanks to the Force I could tell that he really did love me. And, well, he was my dad. You know?

Is there someone you wish you'd had more time with?

Lady_Misty and GregMcP like this.
  18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Ben Skywalker: My mom. Every time I try to remember the good times, they are still seen through the lens of Jacen's actions. To call him Darth Caedus would only feed his Sithly legacy. However, calling him Jacen births a rage I have to temper ever time I think of my mother. She was a loving mom, both to me and my dad. She was also a mom who took the fight to the enemy rather than waiting them to come to her. She was beautiful and strong and wise and a dogged in her pursuit of truth. Sometimes, I wish she had not been so dogged in her pursuit of my cousin.

What is it about redheads?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    divapilot and Findswoman like this.
  19. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Mara Jade (with a dangerous gleam in her eyes): I don’t know. What is it about us?

What’s one characteristic of yours that you get tired of people commenting on?

Findswoman likes this.
  20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Luke Skywalker: Well, given that I broached the subject, it's only fair that I answer. Yeah, I have nothing. Wait. Fire! Yes, Mara! You have spirit! Fire in the belly! Determination! How am I doing? Do I have anything else? Uh, Freckles! No, no, no , numb skull! No, Mara, I know. You have no freckles. Umm, you are not just a fire, Mara. You are an inferno. And, I am merely suns dried kindling set ablaze by mere proximity.
    How was that?

What do you look for in a Jedi Master/mentor?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mitch Nifesta (Force Vampire): "Somewhere quiet where I can eat them. Didn't expect that, did you?"

"I need some ideas. I have a rathtar in a hovel, and a hovertruck backed up to the hovel's open front door. How do I get the rathtar back into the truck?"

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  22. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Jabba the Hutt: Using live bait has many entertaining possibilities...ho ho ho..

Do you prefer your gorgs live or spit-roasted?

Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Graballa the Hutt: Ooo, spit-roasted, with a good dry rub of spices from Markesh! Washed down with a glass of Alderaanian wine, you've never had anything like it! When I open my beachside resort and cafe, they'll be on the menu, you can try them!

Have you ever had a vacation go wrong?

Findswoman and Raissa Baiard like this.
  24. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Kylo the Pirate: Yes, my husband accidentally insulted Princess Orlinda of Alderaan and she took the accidental insult quite personally and as a a result I ended up spending the rest of my vacation arguing with lawyers and officials that Princess Orlinda was taking my husband telling her that she was too skinny way to far and that he was only stating an opinion and that I felt she was just angry because he had been trying to flirt with him and learned that not only was he married but not attracted to females that are twigs; he might break them. At least it went better than our down time in what was the Hapes Cluster seeing that I didn't overthrow the government and sell any nobles and royalty into slavery.

Have any of you had a similar vacation?

25. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Wes Janson: Oh, sure! There was this one time on Meistaran--

Hobbie: No.

Wes: But they asked--

Tycho: No!

Wes: But it's a great stor--

Hobbie, Tycho, Wedge: NO!!!!

Q: Have you ever been bailed out of jail?

Lady_Misty and Sith-I-5 like this.