main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*CHARACTER SWAP CHALLENGE* (Challenge Deadline Approaching- Tomorrow Night!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AnakinsFavorite, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    In honor of Friday being the best day of the week, I have decided to start a Challenge based on Freaky things- character swapping! [face_devil] What exactly do I mean by this? Character swapping is where two characters either trade 1) their bodies or 2) roles for the day/extended period of time.

For an example of the body-swapping concept, please see this story by CrazyAni- Underneath, (http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24576747/p1). If that is just too weird for you, please see my own story, A Day Off From Reality, for the other option- http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24757355/p1/?11.

This shall be conducted in a similar manner as the Dare Challenges we had this past summer. The Rules are as follows:
    1) Each person who wishes to enter must PM to me a pairing and will then receive a pairing of their own. The pairings can be from any era and can be from two different ones (ie: Leia and Siri) (also, note- when you pm, give it the following title: Pairing for the Challenge- or I'll never remember it ;) ) Also, be sure to include in your PM any stipulations you might have (fic length, words to be included, ect)
    2) The deadline for submitting pairings is October 5th. On the next day, everyone shall be sent their pairing.
    3) Note: everything shall remain anonymous unless you choose to respond to the resulting fic.
    4) All fics shall be posted by the 5th of November.
    5) Upon receiving your challenge from me, your host, please post about the fics here with the following information:
    Title (with a link)
    Author
    Era
    Characters
    Summary
    And maybe a fun fact or explanation behind what route you took!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns!

May the mayhem ensue!

AnakinsFavorite

Edit: Because I decided to make the Challenge more interesting, I deleted the origional challenge, so ignore the following comments that do not pertain!

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Despite the fact that I hardly have any time at all, I want to try and do this, cuz it sounds like fun, I just hope that I will be able to do this every week.

3. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    [face_thinking]

an interesting challenge....i'll have to think about this....are we going to have ByTS characters as well??

4. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Hmmm, might have to try this when the semester gets more settled.

5. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    You do not have to reply every week- just whenever you feel inspired or have time, my dear! I know how DRL is! [face_beatup]
    Yes... I am more of a 'Saga Person' ;) but I shall of course add challenges for those who are not interested in that era!

6. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Ooh, I like this . . . I might try mine this weekend. Anakin and Padme would be interesting.

7. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    mmmm, what an interesting challenge. Prehaps I'll try with the next pairing, I've never really been that into Anakin and Padme....

Although a bunny just spawned. hmmmmmmm

~Jen~

8. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    We have a challenge just like that going right now, but with the twins over at 'Other Half' ::points at sig::

So if you decided to have either Skywalker or Solo twins switching bodies, please PM me or add a link to the Twins thread. [face_peace]

When the Force Gets Bored." ( Luke and Leia switch bodies during ESB =P )

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24851283&brd=10476&replies=0

9. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Thank you, SpiritofEowyn! I read that story this past week and really enjoyed it! =D= =D= =D= I don't think I shall ever be able to watch ESB in the same way ever again!

10. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, as mentioned in the first post, the nature of this challenge has been changed. Sorry for any problems that this might have caused.

AnakinsFavorite

11. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Starting as of today, the new rules apply. ;)

Your Host, AnakinsFavorite

12. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    This sounds like an interesting challenge. And I need something to take my mind off a fic brewing in the back of my mind.

13. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Oh! I almost forgot about this!

Okay, question on the PMing: So we send you a pairing of our choosing . . . and then you send us a different pairing that you want us to do? Is that right?

14. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006

Yes, you send me a pm with a pairing, and I will pm you with a different pairing that someone sent me!

AF

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Jumping in on this bandwagon...

16. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    *stumbles in here*

I am very pleased by the support this challenge has got! (or recieved :p ) Ignore my gramatical incorrectness :D

Giving this an up so everyone can have a chance!

Your Host,
    AnakinsFavorite

17. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, I've gotten quite a few replies so far, and some of them are rather wicked! Do not be shy- it is not bad to drive your fellow forumers insane with odd pairings and impossible challenges! :p

AnakinsFavorite

18. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Of course, you know I'm already up for this but it's probably a good idea for me to post for official reasons and all that. :D

Sounds like fun! Great thread!

19. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, I think I'm just going to post for official reasons too. I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but I've just been a little... lazy. Yes, that's it. And my cat kidnapped my laptop for a while.

:DWe like evil pairings. Yesss...

20. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Oops! Did I just bump this? :p Just giving an up so that others can join in the mayhem... erm, fun!

21. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I might well give this a go, I think I got something like this for a dare challenge once....

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh yea... i'm in on this. i'll be shooting you a PM tommorow... i've got an idea for something that could be insanely evil...

23. Princess_Anakin

Princess_Anakin Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2006
    Okay, I'm pushing this to the top to give others the chance and to remind you all to send me PM's with the characters! A few people have forgotten to do so.

Anywho, have a nice day!

AnakinsFavorite

24. bi0nic

bi0nic Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    Oh, I am so in! I had a blast with the Dare Challenge last go around.

My PM is a-winging its way to our lovely hostess right now. :D

25. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    This is your host, AnakinsFavorite, reminding everyone that the challenge officially ends tomorrow night!

May the Force be with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.