main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Charity Showing of all 4 Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by DavePrince, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavePrince

DavePrince Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2002
    Hope and Aid Direct are in talks with Lucasflm with intentions of showing all of the Star Wars Films one after each other in an All-Nighter at the UGC Cinema in Mary ann Street. At the moment we've been told to speak to Lucasfilm directly rather than the Distributors at FOX. We've received a reply from Lucasfilm ststing that it will be the new year before we even get a chance of having the films. I'm just seeing how many people would be interested in seeing the films together in Star Wars saga Marathon. We will also be looking at having Forbidden Planet sponsoring us for a few competitions etc... Please post some thoughts on this idea, as the charity are also showing the Aliens Saga on the 11th of October this year with all 4 films tickets are on sale from Forbidden Planet NOW!!!!! May the force be with you.

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd love it...but aren't there 5 films? :p

3. DavePrince

Aug 24, 2002
    I know that! but we are waiting for confirmation that we can get Attack of the Clones as we've been provisionally ok'd for the first 4 films. Hence the title of 4 starwars films!

4. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Well here's hoping!

5. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Count me in! i have something terrible to admit..... i have never seen ROTJ in the cinema. I cant call myslef a star wars fan.
    (i was only like 10 at the time the SE was out, and i was too young to go on my own, cos no one lese would go with me)

6. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    That beat Vader's revelation in shock value :eek:

7. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes, although I was certainly old enough I didn't see ROTJ at the cinema until the Special Editions - I was going through a Star Trek phase when it came out originally and couldn't be bothered [face_blush] But I'm cured now :D

8. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm young enough that the SE was the first time I saw 'em properly :)

9. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Im so ashamed..... is there a something like "im a star wars fan but i havent seen one of the films in the cinema yet anonymous?"

hello everybody... my name is paul, and im from wales. i havent seen return of the jedi in the cinema, and i am now on the route to recoverey, its been 40 days now of watching it at least once a day...

10. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    LOL, good boy ;)

11. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    By the way, where exacitaly were you showing it, I know in wales and in UGC Cinema in Mary ann Street. But what town?

12. DavePrince

Aug 24, 2002
    The cinema is in Cardiff oppisite the C.I.A. (Cardiff International Arena) I hope that helps

13. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Oh right, keep me posted I might go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.