main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Charmed Comic Book

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by s65horsey, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    From Alysssa Milano's Twitter:

Charmed Comic

I'm so excited!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I enjoyed Charmed, so this looks interesting. Would it take place after the series, or be extra stories from the middle? (Or do we not know?)

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Everything in the link is all that I know about plus Milano saying that it does really exist and its coming out soon. I have no idea on the time frame in the series though.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Regardless of the details, my wife will be very interested in this.

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Did anyone pick this up?

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    My wife got her copy from the local this week, not read it yet, will try and persuade to post a review.

7. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I definitely squealed a few times while reading it. I can't wait to hear her thoughts!

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Does the comic cover TV episodes, or is it somewhere in the middle/after the series?

9. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Its like 5 years after the tv series ends. Thus the reason for the squealing. I get so attached to characters that when things end it sucks cuz I want to know what happened to them. Now I get to know!

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo, very interesting. I'm not usually a comics girl, but I might have to check this out!

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This is Ben's wife posting - sorry not used to this so sorry if any hiccups!

Now read both Edition 0 + Edition 1.

Edition 0: This is summary in the form of "The Book of Shadows" - for those women out there I would suggest Cover B (by David Seidman) as Cover A look a little male-orientated! Beautiful cover with the photo-faces of Paige + Phoebe + Piper! This gives a summary of the story so far including the various relationships and major plot lines.

Edition 1: This appears to have 4 covers (again for the women suggest Cover A - by David Seidman - or Cover C - Photo cover - or Limited Edition - 2010 San Diego Comic Con Exclusive - rather than Cover B as again a little male-orientated;)). I have Cover B which is really excellent quality. This follows on from the series as on Page 1 it starts with "Eighteen months into Happily Ever After"! Don't generally read a lot of comics so am still getting used to the format but I really liked it - although in places it was a little confusing (but that is probably just be getting used to it)!

Really looking forward to the next one:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.