main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chasing The Bright Elusive...(Mulan Quote Mini-Games Entry)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 26, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to @devilinthedetails for this great challenge.
    Mulan Quote Challenge
    Number two:
    We must be swift as a coursing river with all the force of a great typhoon with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon."
    Context: During the Thrawn Crisis, after the events surrounding the Katana fleet where Luke went to rescue Mara Jade.

~!

Mon Mothma and Leia gave stirring speeches to bolster the lagging morale during the most anxious intervals during the Thrawn crisis.

One of the more memorable ones was when Leia spoke over the Holonet soon after her twins were born, which in and of itself was a mood-lifter.
    “We must be swift as a coursing river with all the force of a great typhoon with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moon."

Something that was almost a footnote was Luke's frantic and determined rescue of someone he claimed to barely know and who claimed in turn not to want to give him the time of day, at the very least... Mara Jade.

Han and Wedge had their own theories as to the motivation.

"Kid's got it bad," Han surmised.

"Head over heels," Wedge agreed.

"Wonder if she'll let him catch her," Han mused.

"Like Leia did you?" Wedge rejoined.

"Hey! That's not a fair comparison." Han said...
    Then again, maybe it was.

+++

[face_tee_hee]

[face_love]

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you so much for submitting a story for my Mulan Quote Challenge! You captured the spirit of the quote so perfectly in this piece:)

My favorite part:

"Kid's got it bad," Han surmised.

"Head over heels," Wedge agreed.

"Wonder if she'll let him catch her," Han mused.

"Like Leia did you?" Wedge rejoined.

"Hey! That's not a fair comparison." Han said...
    Then again, maybe it was.

That made me laugh but also warmed my heart.

Great job with this, and thank you again for participating in my Mulan mini-challenge!

3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I like.

Also, I know where your title is from. It's from a song. "Chasing the bright elusive butterfly of love...."

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yup. [face_love] Because for the longest time in Legends EU it was totally elusive between L/M [face_laugh]

Kahara likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the comments from the men. Luke and Mara; before they got definitely together, a lot happened

6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    :p If the Corellian shoe fits, Han... Even as Leia is giving strength to others with her inspiring words (as she does so well), Luke is putting that determination into practice too! [face_dancing]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.