main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Check in, Bakersfield!

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Jedi_Riibu, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Please respond if you read this and let us know that you are still out there!

I have pics of some of my collection at the URL in my sig. If other people (such as Jeff) have pics of the collection online anywhere, I'd love to see!

2. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    This is JediPastor checking in.

I've been busy with my video for the Lightsaber Choreography Competition 4 (LCC4) on the fan film forum. Mine is entry 8 and I got second place.

In fact I'm looking to make an entry for the, yet-undetermined, LCC5. I'm looking for anyone in the B-town area who can weald a lightsaber with some expertise.

3. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Congrats on getting second place!! Is there a place where we can download your video?

4. JediPastor

Apr 15, 2005
    You can download all 15 entries at

www.sabrecomp.com

Mine was number 8. The winner was number 1.

5. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    Hi. Remember me? It's been a while.
    It has been a busy Star Wars year for me. ROTS was awesome. Plus Clone Wars was cool. I have all the DVDs. Most of my money has gone to buying all the ROTS books as well as all the other SW books that came out this year. Now I have to find time to read them all! I have went to the San Diego Comic-Con for the last 2 years. I got to meet Ben Burtt, Ryan Church & Chris Edwards at the panel for CHASSIS. It should be really neat. I went to the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl. And to cap off 2005, my question got published in SW Insider #85 by Steve Sansweet! Check it out. I have 3 of the 5 Silver Edition Figures. That was the coolest thing to ever happen to me. I have sent in questions before, but they never made it to print in the magazine.

I wish everyone a Merry CHRISTmas and a very happy new year.

6. jeff4sw21

jeff4sw21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Sorry I dissapeared for a while. I sorta gave up on this because nobody would ever respond to me besides Jedi Riibu. Not much has changed for me, I have been working almost 7 days a week since August. Good news is the extra money has been able to get my Star Wars collection much larger, I am now collecting all of the Sideshow statues, and I'm caught up on all Code 3 ships and Gentle Giant statues, I even got a Yoda bowling ball. Well if someone wants to get something going then lets do it! But I won't go on to this site just to write to myself.

7. JediPastor

Apr 15, 2005
    I'm curious when there's going to be another lightsaber training day at your house. I missed the last one because I was busy and didn't know it was going on.

I'm thinking about adding "lightsaber training" to my workout. I noticed that it was a great exercise when I was practicing for the competition. It would be cool to work on it on a semi-consistent basis.

BTW did you pick up more of the BK toys? I didn't quite get them all the second round. I did get all of the watches, I believe.

8. Rurouni_Botosai

Rurouni_Botosai Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Our fighting group from Tulare FF "IWS Productions" is caught up in some live steel fighting at the moment three of us are doing a fight at the Visalia con. center for the "creative center" they're doing A Mardi gras dinner cance and we're also helping with the sets. Afterbthat we've got a few Renn faires and then a fight in the competition at World con. I would like to make it back down to b'field as soon as the weather warms up and jeff's schedual slows down. And I have yet to see the film of that choreo that place second but I would much like to.

9. JediPastor

Apr 15, 2005
    It's still at:

www.sabrecomp.com

Entry #8

10. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    whoa bako, it's been a while... sorry i've been out! i've been so busy with college and all... how is it going everyone?

long time no squeek,
    Amithyst Sey Blade

11. JediPastor

Apr 15, 2005
    Just kicking it.

I've been periodically coming by here to see if anyone was still around.

You're the first to post anything in almost 2 months.

I'm waiting to see if anyone wants to get together to do some lightsaber choreography.

12. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I regularly visit the boards, if anyone just wants to chat. :)

13. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    two months? are you serious?

wow...

life has just been so hecktic... i'm like 10 books behind the new ones cause of school... and my procrastinating... :p i can't wait till i'm out of school... but my life is pretty hawesome right now :p

wow it's sooo late... i'm like drifting in and out of sleep

14. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I look in from time to time also waiting to see if the interest might spike some. Tulare Fan Force is putting on something tonight at the condords game, I guess they will all be in costumes. I need a good mannequin for a Darth Vader costume let me know if anyone has any resorces.

15. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    i so wanted to go!!! i totally missed it!!! how was the whole thing?

16. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I didn't go to the game but some of my friends and family did, they said it was ok but after seeing all of my stuff that I have It was know big deal to them. But the Tulare Fan Force people are very nice and fun to hang out with

17. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Greeting's Bakersfield, from a former resident who is now in the mile high city. Boy I wish I knew of you guys when i lived there. Anyway, did you mention the Tulare Fan Force? I am on the Sac boards and i know there is a bunch of stuff going on with 501st, a couple of the Fan Forces and the Rebel Legion. You guys might want to check it out.

Jedi Pastor, you do lightsaber duels and all? I wish I knew where some the web sites are located but I am in a group in Pueblo, CO and we are doing fight scenes for a bunch of fan films a friend of mine is putting together. We're called the Steel City Jedi. Look up Rav-Loc Vos on either the Rocky Mountain Fan Force or the Southern Colorado Fan Force.

And, BTW, how are the Condors doing this year? I still have a Condors T-shirt I wear around here once in while.

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Hello Bakersfield! I'm Nat - one of the new Pacific RSAs. I just thought I'd introduce myself. I look forward to hearing all that your group is up to.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hi guys! I'm Miana/Rachel, your other new RSA. Just checking in to say "Hi" and let you guys know that we're both here if you need us! :D

20. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    whoa, ive been posting here since late 2001, and for awhile i kinda left a bit, and i come back and find that we have a fan force in Bako? and since mid 03.

crazyness.

21. DarthPepper

DarthPepper Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2003
    I'm still hanging around!
    I read SW books mostly and some comics. I only collect a few things any more.
    I got the 501st Stormtrooper from Comic-Con.
    I guess I will get the new DVDs - the original versions - seems to me they're just trying to make more money from us fans. They are just taking the old LaserDisc versions and puting then on DVD. No restoration, clean-up, THX sound, or any other extras such as BTS documentaries or the TV making of shows.
    LATER Lucasfilm will probably release them again correcty the way fans want them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.