main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Chewie and Leia...The aftermath???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BrahmanBob, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I figured he just blamed her for raising a monster. Apparently the parenting technique, it wasn't there.

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The walking carpet jab is a scar that will never heal.

McLaren, Kualan, J_Girl and 9 others like this.
  3. ArchonJedi

ArchonJedi Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    When Chewy let out that cry when Solo dies,. I felt his pain.. I thought Chewy was class all film long always

4. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Best. Post. Ever.

Knightstorme and jaqen like this.
  5. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    He's still pissed about the medal.

He's been able to fake it all this time out of respect and life-debtedness to Han. But the turmoil and grief of the moment and knowing he just doesn't have to fake it any more...he hates Leia.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It cuts away from the exact moment Leia and Chewie pass each other, they could have shared a quick moment.

But I also think both of them know that if they were to interact with each other right then, BOTH of them would be bawling their eyes out.

7. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    They don't mourn Han's death because they know something we don't know.

8. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    This x100. This was my number one problem with the film. The death scene was great, but there was ZERO emotional impact on the characters.

jaqen likes this.
  9. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001

Oh please. He's dead Jim.

anakinfansince1983 and jaqen like this.
  10. zumacraig

zumacraig Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    I agree. It played like an MOR 2010's sic-fi film that had familiar characters. Very jarring experience to see these characters as 'actors' in someone else's story, in random camera angles, with random dialog. And yes, that story. On the nose, straight ahead, predictable. Totally uninspired. 'Hey, we have to kill off a main character' they say as they check off all the plot points of a hollywood blockbuster. Not to mention the premise. Everything was fine at the end of Jedi...oops, not it wasn't. There's another big Sith out there and Leia and Han don't stay together?!! What? Don't even get me started on the way the film looks like a TV show. What a totally missed opportunity. For all his faults, Lucas did care about his characters and would've been a lot more nuanced and intentional with them.

11. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

EvacuateMomentofTriumph Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Sloppy script writing and directing. The whole thing felt rushed.

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm totally on board with the idea of Leia and Chewbacca finding their way into each others arms while they mourn Han. I think Han is the kind of guy who would have wanted them to be together. He would have wanted both of them to be happy, whether with each other or with someone else like Lando. I've always thought Chewbacca should make his way back to Hoth and shack up with one of those snow monsters, but if he's happier with Leia, so be it.

Knightstorme likes this.
  13. zumacraig

zumacraig Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    Yep. Star Wars is now a brand that is sold with disposable content. It's all about branding and making the actual product seem like it will be great. Totally a rushed job and a very weak script. The humor was good as was the chemistry between the new actors. My hunch is that the initial screenplay was much better. No Leia or Han...but out new heroes run into Chewie who leads them to the Resistance...to Luke etc. The back story of Ren could've been the big reveal! The movie could've been a lot more fun. I can't think of one scene I want to watch over and over. Where as I could watch the intro to EpIII over and over.

14. zumacraig

zumacraig Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground!"

15. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000

16. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I really hope they have at least shot this scene and it's just extended material that had to be cut. Because if they didn't even shoot any kind of an exchange, they missed on an opportunity to show they understand. How can they walk past each other like that? Han was "theirs", Rey was the newcomer. If it was intentional dislike between Chewie and Leia, you'd show one trying to approach the other but being brushed away, ignored, barked at, something. A disappointed look before walking away. Leia taking a step towards Chewie, reconsidering, then not doing it because she internally realises the Wookiee needs time.

It's not exactly a huge scene in length that is missing here, but it's an obvious one. I hope it exists somewhere.

17. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    Chewie walking right past Leia after Han's death is hands down THE DUMBEST THING TO EVER OCCUR IN A STAR WARS MOVIE (dumber than every line uttered by Jar Jar, dumber than the wookie christmas special, and dumber than the made for tv ewok movies). I don't know or care what relation Rey is to Leia or anyone. Lifelong friends DO NOT walk past each other when another of their lifelong friends has died. It betrays the classic characters and it betrays basic human character. This could've been rectified with a 5 second glance to at least show the 2 characters had freaking met before, so don't give me "They didnt have enough time". They had room for 5 more seconds. It's an INSANE unforced error and it is NOT forgivable. Completely pulled me out of the film and maybe the Star Wars universe altogether :(

jaqen likes this.
  18. jumbo karakuchi

jumbo karakuchi Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    its been 4 days since seeing leia and chewie not hugging. im still pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. jumbo karakuchi

Dec 21, 2015
  20. jumbo karakuchi

Dec 21, 2015
    Mod edit: Removed image for disallowed language.

21. jumbo karakuchi

Dec 21, 2015

22. jumbo karakuchi

Dec 21, 2015

jaqen likes this.
  23. jumbo karakuchi

Dec 21, 2015
  24. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Mystified by Leia and Chewie not consoling each other at some point after they get back. I get that they sort of grieved independently, but that was a huge "WHIFF", IMO.

Although, if you notice, when everyone exits the Falcon, it appears that Chewie is pre-occupied with attending to Finn. Weak excuse, but an excuse nonetheless.

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    One of the problems was that Chewy and Leia already hugged a few scenes earlier when they first saw each other.... Two hugs may have been overkill!