main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Children of Circumstance (AOTC A/P story ) A story about Anakin, his love and his path

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Nov 14, 2002.

1. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    That was awesome! From Anakin forming the Life-force transference to his conversation with Qui-Gon, it was wonderful! I dont' know how you come up with these things but they make your story very fun to read.

What happens next?! You can't kill Anakin, right?

2. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Excellent!!! Just awsome..

3. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Wow! :eek:
    Geo3 it's wonderfull! marvellous! excellent! magnificent! Well all the synonym adjectives...
    Anakin's feelings, Padme's feelings, what can I say? I'm lost of words.
    Is this realy going to end soon? :( :(
    Perhaps a sequel, if we shall be really nice and patient? Please... :) :)

4. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Wow. Didn't see that coming :eek: The Life-force transfer is one great idea. And I like that Qui-gon is the one that kept him from dying. "The winds of change are rising".."then set sail" ... priceless!

5. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    That was fantastic!!

MORE!
    MMOOORREE!!!!

"Then set sail." I just got me a new catchphrase!

Lotsa love,

Gill xxx

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Peeking in my freind... hoping for an update when you can!
    [face_love]

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Wow. A very gratifying response from all of you - thank you! I was afraid I would have to hide under my desk for weeks if I touched a hair of Anakin's head. Somehow everyone tolerates it when Obi gets battered, but watch out if it's A or P...

Starwoid What can I say? thank you.

LadyZ I tried and failed to come up with a less cumbersome name for that transference thing. I'm accepting nominations...

PhoenixMage Nope. He's going to get married...

Darth_lex It was really important to me to show Anakin's good, redeemable core.

aotc02 No, I promise. Not in my story!

qingauk Thank you!

JediArwen You have got me thinking about a kind of sequel. More about that later.

Lando_Plenty It had to be Qui-Gon. It just had to.

iluminatrix Good stuff! I hope it works for you.

DarthBreezy Hi! This week, I think. It's the pesky lost-and-rewritten chapter that I'm trying so hard to let go of.

That reminds me -

Note to Darth_Lex: Back on page 3 of this thread you set me a challenge. Prepare to pay up after the next chapter!

8. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well, I'm finished and ready to post! First, two minor changes:

1) I have turned the last two (unwieldy) chapters into three slightly shorter and more manageable ones, so the story ends with Chapter 24.

2) Unfortunately, this means that the Darth_Lex challenge response in now in Chapter 23. The post after this one. Sorry.

The good news: this one contains a proposal....

Chapter 22. Promises

So this was the woman.

Tech Andros observed her with interest as she introduced herself and stated her business. A Senator and former Queen. One would think that she would behave more responsibly and take more care with her reputation. Of course she wanted to know the status of Kenobi and the Padawan. He explained what he could in layman?s terms. Kenobi would recover, in time. The Padawan?s status was uncertain. Only Jedi healers would be able to determine the long-term effects of his actions.

He was most interested in her Force presence. It was indeed strong, although of course undefined. She was after all untrained. But the signature was definitely hers. The boy had really done it. Whatever he had given her had become her own. Tec was fascinated.

?Master Andros,? Padmé was saying, ?the medical staff is under orders not to allow Master Kenobi or Anakin to receive visitors. They tell me that those orders came from you. I would like to see them.?

Tec turned his attention back to the matter at hand.

?I don?t think it is a good idea, Senator,? he said coolly. ?They are both very weak and require uninterrupted rest.?

?Surely you can make an exception for me.?

Tec thought she was the last person for whom one should make an exception.

?When Master Kenobi is stronger and asks to see you I will of course make the arrangements. But the Padawan is being removed to Coruscant as soon as possible. I?m afraid there won?t be an opportunity for you to see him.?

Padmé felt her blood start to pound in her throat. ?Not even to say goodbye??

?No, Senator,? Tec said firmly. ?Not even to say goodbye.?

The pounding moved up to Padmé?s temples.

He doesn?t know whom he is dealing with, she thought.

?Very well,? she said mildly enough, considering the depth of her fury. ?I will not bother you again.?

Tec was surprised that she had given in so easily. That was not her reputation. He resolved to watch her carefully.

Padmé turned to leave without another word.

?Senator!? Tec called, before she had reached the door. ?When you are in Coruscant we will need you to come to the Temple for evaluation. The healers must study the effects of the Padawan?s?action?on you.?

Padmé turned around.

?You are asking for my cooperation.?

?Yes.?

?In return for none of your own.?

Tec was taken aback. ?Be reasonable, Senator. Haven?t you done enough damage already??

Padmé turned on her heel and left him without a backward glance.

Anakin woke up the moment he heard Padmé?s voice.

?Get out, all of you,? she was saying. ?Now.?

?But My Lady,? someone protested, ?No visitors are allowed in here except Master Andros.?

?Clear the room. Now.? Padmé said in a tone that brooked no argument. Anakin could not see that she had brought a contingent of the Queen?s Own Guard, in full dress uniform. ?Queen?s business!? Through a haze of pain he heard the sound of scuffling and of heavy boots. ?Guard this door and don?t let anyone in until I come out. Especially Master Andros.? A door closed.

Anakin?s face didn?t respond very well but he smiled inside.

He loved it when she got fierce.

Her hand touched him and his vision cleared enough to see her.

?Padmé,? he tried. Nothing much came out. ?Padmé,? he tried again, and his breath managed to carry the sound of her name.

?You look better,? she said softly, all her fierceness gone. Anything was better than the corpse on the mountainside.

??Love you,? Anakin managed, after a struggle. He was far too tired to attempt to say anything that wasn?t very, very important.

?I know.? How could she not know? Mas

9. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Such a great story, so well-written. Say, can't you write our doomed heroes a happy ending?

10. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I am begaining not to like that Jedi master. :mad:

will Bale' be the flower girl? I can see that happening. :)

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    *deep contented sigh*

I have followed this story from it's predecesors, through internet purgatory and back... what can I say...

[face_love]

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Awesome!

I would have thought that the following reasoning would have occurred to Tec: (1) this woman took down a Chancellor, defeated the Trade Federation, prevented enactment of the Military Creation Act (requiring Jar Jar's emergency powers instead), and survived a terrible battle in the execution arena that dozens of Jedi (including at least one Council member) did not; (2) she now is far stronger in the Force than she used to be; (3) therefore, not wise to make statements such as Haven't you done enough damage already? Poor, silly Jedi Master... ;)

I expect somehow Anakin will get his strength back. [face_laugh]

Ani and Padme's conversation was very touching. I really enjoyed his semi-consciousness and her self-discovery.

And, as ever, you make Anakin's preordained fall so tragic. The price he pays, and makes others pay, is awfully, horribly high. :_| :_|

13. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Hey, geo - I like the name... it's not "cumbersome" :) No, I'm not saying this because I have no better idea ;) :)
    And of course, I liked the post - if I hadn't I wouldn't have written anything at all. It was not sarcasm when I said that you make creative problems (Force infection) and find creative solutions... next time I promise I'll try to make it more clear.

14. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    That was, as always, awesome. Gotta love Padme when she's angry! :)
    Its an interesting twist to have her with force powers, because without it she's already a force to be reckoned with. I'd like to see how Anakin gets back his. And the conversation between Anakin and Padme is touching, because she is so fully dedicated to him. I totally buy that she proposed, considering how she gets when she's fierce.
    ..I wonder what Padme could possibly do to slip Anakin out from under Tec's nose? :confused:
    Only two more chapters! :_|

15. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Tec is a meanie.
    I know he has the best in mind, but he's still a meanie.
    Yay! Padme and Anakin are getting married! And they're gonna raise Bale..... Yay!

16. aotc02

Oct 17, 2002
    They're getting married! Yay! And I agree, don't mess with Padmé when she want's something!

It was funny with Anakin kind of out of it. I can't wait to see how Padmé manages to get Ani away from everyone so they can get married.

17. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    They're getting married!!!!! *does her happy dance*

Andros was a meanie. If Padme knew how to throw things with the Force I'm sure she would have hurled heavy objects at him to let her see Anakin. ;)

And the way you say you'll answer that "challenge" is intriguing. Just make the story have a happy ending. Please! ;)

starwoid

18. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent!
    Poor Andros, he doesn't know Padme, or else he wouldn't make her angry. And Padme proposes to Anakin! Wow! Is the wedding in next chapter? [face_love] [face_love]
    The knowledge of how the things will end makes everything more sad. :_| :_|
    Lena

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'm glad you all liked the take-charge Padme. That's the way I see her.

Dally I'm trying. They just keep getting tangled up in things...

little_skywalker The wedding will look like the movie...but it's a really nice idea. I'm beginning to be sorry I left the droids out of this story.

Darth_Breezy Er..does that mean you like it?

Darth_Lex I can never shake off the larger, tragic story, although I often wish I could.

LadyZ Erg..Mercury is retrograde, making communication difficult! I promise I was not being thin-skinned! I really do wish I had come up with a cool name. Remember the Star Trek movie where Spock gets his soul back? They called that ancient Vulcan rite the "Pon-Far". What a great name. That's what I mean..

Lando_Plenty She does it in the next chapter...

PhoenixMage I know. *sigh*

aotc02 Right away!

starwoid They get married. I promise.

JediArwen The wedding is in the last chapter.

OK. On to the next chapter.

21. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Chapter 23. Confrontations

In many ways Anakin?s recovery was nothing short of remarkable. One day he had been, for all intents and purposes, dead. The next he was drifting in and out of consciousness. On the third day he could more or less sit up.

Master Andros appeared at Anakin?s bedside and had a good look at him. Anakin managed to hold his gaze fairly steadily.

?Right,? said Master Andros. ?You?ll do. Master Kenobi wants you.?

Anakin found himself bundled up, carried to the next room and dumped, not too gently, onto the chair by Obi-Wan?s bed. He struggled to remain upright.

The Force certainly was strong with Master Andros. Anakin had an overwhelming urge to behave.

Obi-Wan looked stronger. He was sitting up in bed with his arms crossed. Anakin had the feeling that he might be in trouble again, and wondered generally how he could have managed to trespass while confined to his bed in a semi-conscious state. Lost somewhere between pain and bliss he had forgotten that most of his recent behavior did not in any way fall within the boundaries of what was expected of a Jedi Padawan learner.

?Hello, Master,? he said affably. ?I?m glad to see you?re better.?

Suspicious of Anakin?s good humor, Obi-Wan looked at him appraisingly. ?Why do you want to delay your departure for two days?? He confined himself to the issue at hand. He couldn?t even begin to deal with what Anakin had done on the mountain.

Anakin couldn?t remember having made the request, but he tried to rise to the occasion. Everything seemed a bit beyond his grasp lately, but even in his weakened state he understood how important it was that the marriage remain secret.

?I want to say goodbye,? he said.

?You can do that here. Now.?

Anakin tried to think while his head felt has though it was being pounded with something hard.

?I need to get stronger, ? he tried.

Master Andros laughed out loud. ?I can throw you over my shoulder and take you to our ship right now, he said. ?You?re fine to travel.?

He had a point.

Anakin was grappling with the problem when Padmé stepped out of the shadows at the far corner of the room. He hadn?t even realized she was there.

I have a long way to go, he thought.

?Master Kenobi,? she said, using his formal title in the presence of another Jedi, ?I know it?s an unusual request, but I am formally asking you to grant Anakin two days? leave before he returns to Coruscant. He will be under my care and I will see to it personally that he arrives at his transport as scheduled.?

?Why do you want two days?? Obi-Wan asked again. Perhaps she could give him a better answer than Anakin had.

?I owe Anakin a great debt,? she said, trying not to stray too far into lies. ?I would like to take my leave of him in a way that honors that. Please, Master Kenobi. This was my idea. I would like you to give him - us - two days. Then I won?t interfere any more.?

Tec Andros thought it was the most inappropriate request he had ever heard. Anakin?s return to Coruscant was strictly Jedi business, and long overdue. The Senator had no jurisdiction, and her behavior had been as unacceptable as the Padawan?s. She must not be allowed to have anything more to do with him.

?You have no right to ask that,? he said bluntly to both of them.

Padmé lost her patience.

?What do you think this is? She snapped, ?A casual affair? Do you think that you can end it just by putting him on your ship and taking him away?? She gestured toward Anakin, who was beginning to enjoy himself. ?Look at him! What do you think that was all about? Do you think he will forget all about me just because you wish it??

?Not a chance,? said Anakin helpfully.

?Obi-Wan glowered at him. Anakin smiled back genially. He wasn?t at all afraid of his Master or of the Council now that they couldn?t force him away from Padmé. She wanted him. He was going to marry her one way or another. For now he was taking great pleasure in watching his warrior bride at battle.

?Then how in the name of all that is rational will two

22. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    Sheesh. I hate Palpy. :D

It's good that Obi-Wan let Anakin & Padme go off on their own, though I get the feeling that they won't be able to reconcile themselves from the Jedi in just 2 days.

I am anxiously awaiting whatever comes next, geo3. They're getting married? Will that be in the next post? *pretty please?*

starwoid

23. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I have always wondered who the first victim of the Jedi Purge was. Now I know who it will be: Tec Andros.

I hope Anakin is less addled by the wedding, or goodness knows what the vows will promise. [face_laugh]

Dooku's such a fool; he'll never outwit Palpatine.

And you've won the challenge! Very well done. The words of Vader. Your prize, as promised, is this: a character will be named in your honor in an upcoming chapter of my story (a later chapter in the alternate darkside ending to A Bumpier Road, which will be posted weeks from now when the lightside ending finishes).

Lucas points out, I think on the AOTC audio commentary, that he likes to do small foreshadowings before the big event (like Anakin's hand being in jeopardy in the droid factory before it's later cut off). And I simply can't believe it took me this long to understand the symbolic significance of the life-Force transference: Anakin is dead; someone different survives. A hint, then, of a larger and more profound change to come. "That name no longer has any meaning to me."

24. aotc02

Oct 17, 2002
    Go Padmé! She's fighting for her man! Haha, Ani was amused by the whole scene.

I'm beginning to dislike Tec. He's trying to separate Ani and Padmé. So is Obi-Wan but I still like him. I just wish that everyone would leave them alone and let them be together. But if that had happened we wouldn't have the OT.

Can't wait for the next post!

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    ?And then?and then?he will find his true home in me.? The thought resonated in the deepest part of his being, and gave him a knot of dark pleasure that he went back to savor again and again.

What a nightmarish turn of the phrase...
    It gives me chills just seeing those words on the screen...

;)