main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Children of the Red Sun--Final Four Chapters Posted. Complete 10/3/2009!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Holy kriffing smackdowns!!!

The title of the chapter sums it up pretty well.

That was an awesome battle scene.

Will Kale survive? Or will it fall to the next generation to defend the galaxy?

2. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Awesome chapter. I like E'tahn's name... Somehow, I think you are type to take Kale out of the game, should the mood strike you. We will see.

Raptor517

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing update! I'm loving this story.

=D=

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Lobo?Thank you, I?m glad you enjoyed it. But rest assured, Kale won?t die. Least, not any time soon.

Raptor517?Very possible, but like I said to L0B0, probably wouldn?t be permanent.

VaderLVR64?Thank you.

Hmmm, 3 reviews? Well, to those few who did review, thank you very much. I appreciate your reading. Good thing my ?Horns won, or I might be depressed.

5. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006

Chapter Ten: What Price Victory?

Jor opened his eyes. The medical bay of the Ralroost was, like the rest of the ship, in bad condition. The monitoring beds were hard-locked to the floor, but everything else was thrown haphazardly around the room.

That included Danni and Jacen.

The young Jedi was slumped in a corner with a small trickle of blood from his forehead. Jor caught a glimpse of Danni?s bare, too-thin leg from a pile of blankets nearby. The medical droid lay on its side. ?Please help me up, sir,? it said in a calm, Bothan voice.

Jor picked himself off the plating and looked down at the loose robe he wore. It was better than being completely nude, he supposed. He felt incredible weak and heavy as he stumbled to the droid. Even so, he righted the four two hundred kilogram machine.

?Thank you,? it said. ?I am Five Five Cee, Medical droid. Please assist me in placing the patients back on their beds.?

Jor went to Danni first. Her eyes were half open. ?What happened?? she managed to whisper.

?I think the ship was hit,? Jor said. ?We?re okay now. The alarms have turned off.?

Though she too wore a robe now, he still wrapped her in the blanket and carried her to the first bed. Her arm bled a little where an intravenous line was torn free during the wreck. It was a mark of her poor condition she did not bleed more.

?I?m so tired,? she whispered.

?I know the feeling,? he said.

?Where is Jacen??

Jor turned and looked at his distant cousin. He heard the concern in her voice and had to crush a swelling of jealously. Instead, he stumbled over and lifted Jacen from the floor and carried him to the bed next to her.

?The young Jedi will be fine,? the droid said. ?Ms. Quee on the other hand is in need of more intensive care.?

?Bacta?? Jor asked.

?Bacta cures injuries, wounds and in some cases illness. It does not treat starvation.? A secondary pair of arms emerged from the droid?s body and quickly attached a new IV to Danni?s arm. She barely grimaced.

A thin hand took his. ?You?re so strong,? she whispered. Her face was sunken and her blonde hair dull and thin. ?You saved me.?

?It?s what we Naberries do,? Jor said. ?It?s what friends do. Besides, without you, I would have gone insane in there.?

She smiled weakly. ?I?m going to sleep now,? she managed to say.

Jor leaned over and kissed her forehead. ?I?ll be here.?

She nodded, smiled to him again, and then quickly slipped into a deep slumber.

?Going to kiss me too?? Jacen asked.

Jor looked up at the other padawan. Jacen sat up slowly on the edge of the bed. The blood from the cut on his forehead ran down his cheek.

?I?ll pass,? Jor said. ?Are you all right??

?Just a bang on the head. Question is, are you? Danni told me a little. A week without food; maintaining a force bubble against a flood of water. Curled up on the ground, just the two of you. Naked, no less. I bet that was a stimulating adventure.?

Jor felt heat rush to his cheeks and had more difficulty this time wrestling with the anger. ?What are you trying to say, Jacen??

?Nothing at all,? Jacen said. ?I admire your strength in the Force to be able to do that. I?m not sure I could have. And when I see how she came through it, and how you came through it, it does make me wonder what else you?ve been hiding.?

?I?ve never hid anything,? Jor said. ?I?m tired, Jace.? He walked back to his bed and lay down.

?Go ahead and take a nap,? Jacen said. ?Don?t worry about your girlfriend. I?ll take care of her.? He managed to make it sound like he was being genuinely helpful. Jor kept his face blank and his eyes closed.

?This is the Millennium Falcon to rescue crews,? Leia said. ?We are sensing survivors aboard the Stalwart.?

?Acknowledged, Falcon,? a brisk voice responded. ?Thanks for the assist, we?re on our way.?

The Majestic-class heavy cruiser hung at an odd angle to the Falcon with a large piece of debris from Helska lodged sq

6. L0B0

Jan 4, 2008
    ?Go ahead and take a nap,? Jacen said. ?Don?t worry about your girlfriend. I?ll take care of her.? He managed to make it sound like he was being genuinely helpful. Jor kept his face blank and his eyes closed.

lol @ those crazy teenage hormones.

Leia Organa Skywalker Solo, Jedi Master and founder of the new Jedi Order, discovered something in her that she would never have believed. She resented Kale. Just as Han did. Just as Wedge and Mon Mothma and the rest of the Alliance did. At the time, she respected him for what she viewed as a difficult moral choice. But as the years that followed poured out the blood of friends and colleagues, she unconsciously built up a resentment that the strongest being in the galaxy, who claimed kinship and friendship with her, was not by her side fighting for what they both professed to believe in.

With this new discovery came yet another painful realization. Her resentment of Kale bled over, intentionally or not, to his whole family. To Mara, fighting a terrible illness, to Jor-El, and finally to the beautiful, frightened young woman sitting behind her.

That is quite the revelation. Good thing she figured it now though - when the Vong arrive in force, petty bickering and personal grudges among the Jedi will be costly indeed.

They climbed under the covers and he curled up next to her. ?Good,? he mumbled. ?I?ll be more fun then.? And with that, General of the Defense Force Han Solo slipped into a deep sleep.

Awwwww...it's the softer side of Marrs.

Tough losses for the fleet though, it won't be easy to bounce back from that. As much as I like Elegos as chief of state, he isn't exactly what I would call a good wartime consigliere.
    If they take the diplomatic approach, he might end up like he did in canon...

7. Raptor517

Sep 12, 2006
    Kale is alive, and so is the fleet. Barely... Awesome post!

Raptor517

8. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I am really not liking Jacen at all

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Great update - so glad they found Kale. Not too keen on Jacen right now...

Awesome job!

- Serena

10. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey Marrs...

I'v been slowly catching up with this story (and the prequel to this one) and even if I'm not a big Superman fan I must say you did and excellent job merging both universes. And I just loooove what you did with Han's character. Especially the last paragraphs of the latest post. =D= =D= =D=

Put me on the PM list, please? :)

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It took me a while, but I got here! :p

Superb update! =D=

12. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    L0B0?This entire sequence was my version of Vector Prime withtout the unbearable crappy parts, such as that section between pages 1 and the end that didn?t have Danni Quee, who was the only decent original character in the whole book.

Raptor517?Thank you.

Talon_Kenobi?Jacen is a jerk, but I make a vow right now that in this story, he will not turn to the dark side.

JediXManSerenaKenobi?Thank you. Like I said, I try to redeem Jacen a little.

Golden_Jedi?Thank you, I?m glad you?re enjoying it. If I were to judge myself, I?d say Han and Leia were the best characters in this fic. I am found of Karia too. You?re on the list!

VaderLVR64?No prob, as always I?m thrilled to have you reading!

13. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Part II: Agents of Chaos

Chapter Eleven: Hail The Conquering Hero

General and Supreme Commander of the New Republic Defense Force Han Solo personally commanded the fleet that stopped and destroyed an extra-galactic force of invaders possibly intent on destroying the whole galaxy.

Naturally, two weeks after his return to Coruscant he was summoned before a senate subcommittee.

Danni Quee sat on a sofa so new she had not even finished removing the wrap from it, and watched on the holonet as the general whose family helped save her life was grilled before a senate subcommittee.

?Are you actually asking this august body to accept the idea that almost a hundred thousand deaths is somehow a victory?? the Bothan chairman demanded. His name was Borsh or Borsk or something like that.

Danni did not spend a lot of time with General Solo, but she did not need to be intimately familiar with him to spot the anger in his eyes. However, the elderly, distinguished man beside the general chose to respond. This was Carlist Rieekan, she knew, the Minister of Defense and a hero of the Alliance.

?Senator Fey?lya, you?ve read General Solo?s reports, the reports of his general staff and the conclusions at the Ministry of Defense. You even asked retired Admiral Ackbar to provide an independent review of the incident. All of the expert testimony you have sought has agreed on one thing: General Solo conducted the campaign in full compliance with the rules of war this body drafted and made sound, even brilliant tactical decisions throughout. While the loss of life was tragic and appalling, to somehow translate that into a defeat, or a stain on General Solo?s actions, would be a grievous error. There were over two million sentient beings on Dubrillion who were saved as a direct result of General Solo?s intervention. And to truly illustrate the danger those beings were in, I need only point to Sernpidal.?

?There has been no definitive connection between the two events,? Fey?lya said.

Danni snorted in disgust.

?Unfortunately, Senator, you have been misinformed.?

?You tell them,? Danni said to the holonet screen.

?General Solo?s office sent a science vessel to determine the cause of the Sernpidallian moon?s destabilization,? Rieekan continued, as if in response to Danni?s urging. ?There was no reason to believe at the time that it was an aggressive act. The science vessel identified a gravity distortion identical in power output and waveform to those distortions caused by the Praetorite Vong?s weaponry. Even you, Senator, would be hard pressed to claim that was solely coincidence.?

?It is convenient that all the reports so closely try to label General Solo a hero,? Fey?lya continued. ?However, is it not true that he went to the theatre of battle solely to help a personal friend find his son??

Danni shook her head. ?Why are they trying to hurt him?? she asked her small, loft apartment.

Han leaned forward and placed a hand on Rieekan?s arm. ?I can answer this one, Sir,? he said. ?Senator, as you are undoubtedly aware, that personal friend was Kale Naberrie. While not a member of the New Republic Defense Forces, Kale single-handedly destroyed two enemy capital ships at Dubrillion. His son survived a week of starvation while protecting the only known eye-witness to these Vong?a witness who has proven the only source of reliable intelligence we have.?

?Nonetheless you abandoned your responsibilities to go trying to save a friend??

?Again, Senator, you have been misinformed,? Rieekan said icily.

The holoshills made a point of zooming in to show Fey?lya actually baring his teeth.

?General Solo specifically refused Kale Naberrie?s request to proceed straight to Helska despite their long friendship,? Rieekan said. ?Instead, General Solo went to Dubrillion where he set up a command station on your own cousin?s ship, the Ralroost. Only after he established a command presence in the theater of battle did he allow his wife, Jedi Master Solo

14. L0B0

Jan 4, 2008
    lol @ Fey'lya

Jan Ors as Director of Intelligence = :cool:

If Kale finds those crystals, there is bound to be data on teh Vong that can help Mara and the NR.

Could everybody's favorite intendent be losing his touch? - he seems to have overlooked Jor-El & Karia...

15. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    General and Supreme Commander of the New Republic Defense Force Han Solo personally commanded the fleet that stopped and destroyed an extra-galactic force of invaders possibly intent on destroying the whole galaxy.

Naturally, two weeks after his return to Coruscant he was summoned before a senate subcommittee.

Typical. :rolleyes: Loved how you made us see it through Danni's eyes. =D=

16. cggunnersmate

cggunnersmate Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2007
    LOL @ Han having to deal with a committee! Man I don't like politicians no matter what planet they're from! Poor Danni, being mooned over by two young Jedi. I do hope Kale can track down the crystals (maybe even the father crystal and rebuild the fortress and find a way to cure Mara.

Well I can't wait for the next update!

(hopefully get a PM for the next one, shame on you Darth):p

17. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    Awesome update Marrs! If you have to kill off a character, I suggest Fey'lya, lol I never liked him[face_beatup]

On a side note, did I get removed from the PM list? If so please put me back on :D Thanks

18. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    L0B0?The Naberries have been laying very low. Also, Kale and Mara both kept the fact that Karia and Jor-El bred true very close to the vest. In the Jedi Order, only Leia and Katarn knew. Hence the fact Jacen was so convinced he was superior.

Golden_Jedi?I always felt that Danni was among the best of the NJO OCs, and the one used least effectively.

Cggunnersmate?It was almost unavoidable in the NJO context. As our friend Senator Palpatine once said; ?Enter the bureaucrats!? You?re on my pm list. If you don?t get one this time, please PM me and I?ll check my list for possible misspellings.

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter?I?m not sure why you and CG didn?t get your PMs, but I?ll definitely check. IF you don?t get one this time, please let me know!

19. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006

Chapter Twelve: Girl Trouble

?So, is she really going to do it?? Jor asked.

Karia looked from her brother to Jacen, who shrugged. The three of them and Anakin sat at one of the tables in the cafeteria in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant eating lunch.

?She?s seventeen now, so legally she can. I?m not sure how happy mom is about it,? Jacen said. ?She really wants to fly.?

?What about your dad?? Karia asked.

?He?s worried. But you know Dad. Jaina had the highest index score of any pilot candidate ever. She scored even higher that Captain Celchu and General Antilles. I heard a rumor she might even be in line for Rogue Squadron. Dad?s worried, but at the same time he?s so proud he?s tripping over himself.?

?Are you thinking about joining?? Jor said.

Jacen shook his head. ?I?m a fair pilot, but I don?t have the passion for it that Jaina does.? Although it seemed as if he would say more, the young Jedi stopped speaking.

?What about you, Jor?? Anakin said.

Jor snorted. ?Yeah, you know I?m pilot material,? he said. He finished off his second roll and stared down at his tray. ?I?m a few months away from my lifeday anyway, so it doesn?t really matter.?

Anakin and Karia shared a look, and then turned to their respective older brothers. ?If you two start fighting, can we take bets?? Anakin said.

?We aren?t fighting,? Jacen said indignantly.

?And there wouldn?t be any point in it anyway,? Jor added.

Jacen?s brow shot up. ?No point??

?It?s not like there is any reason to hide the full extent of our abilities,? Jor said. ?So, it would be unfair for you to even try and fight me.?

?Oh you are so full of bantha poodoo!? Jacen said loudly.

Others around the cafeteria heard. Jor-El Naberrie shrugged. ?Why would I lie??

?You think she cares what you say?? Jacen said. ?She knows who the real Jedi is.?

?Who?s she?? Karia asked Anakin.

?I think they?re talking about Danni Quee,? Anakin said. ?They?ve been visiting her and sending her flowers.?

?You mean the scientist Jor saved?? Karia looked at the two glaring padawans and then snorted in disgust. ?Come on, she?s like thirty or something!?

?She?s twenty-one,? Jor said.

?And you?re only sixteen,? Jacen added.

?Oh, and your five months makes you so much older?? Jor snarled.

?You?re both behaving like you?re eight,? Karia said. Both ignored her.

?Salle 8,? Jacen challenged.

?Two hours,? Jor agreed.

?Taking bets!? Anakin called.

Karia threw up her hands in abject failure. ?You are all idiots.?

Two hours later, Jedi Master Katarn joined Masters Horn and Cairnwick in the observation gallery along with fifty padawans and a fair sprinkling of knights. Nearby Anakin stood with a chastened expression on his face. His holopad rested squarely in hands of Master Cairnwick. ?We don?t object to a friendly contest,? the former Rebel commando and survivor of the Empire?s Order 66 said, ?but we do object to betting on it.?

Karia lingered by Master Horn as she stared down at the two padawans. ?This is just stupid,? she muttered.

?Yes,? Horn said. ?Girls do tend to make boys stupid.?

?This whole thing is about Danni, then?? Kyle asked.

Horn nodded and Karia shook her head in disgust. Kyle merely shrugged. ?She is pretty cute.?

?Did you see her at the debriefing?? Horn said. ?Once she got a few square meals behind her, she turned into quite the looker,? Horn agreed.

Karia stared at her two masters. ?You?re trying to make this whole affair Danni?s fault? Master Cairnwick, can you believe these two??

The elder of them all, Cairnwick made a point of looking over first Kyle, then Horn, before smiling at Karia. ?Yes.?

Below, Jacen and Jor shed their outer robes held their lightsabers at bay. ?So, any last words?? Jacen asked.

Jor merely shrugged.

The Solo children were widely acknowledged as the Jedi?s Jedi. Raised almost from birth in the ways of the Force, they were as close to the old Order?s ideal padawans as could be achieved in the new Orde

20. Raptor517

Sep 12, 2006
    I really enjoyed the "match" between Jacen and Jor. Bout time that arrogant little Jedi got a dose of humility. Also enjoyed you writing Katarn. And everything else, for that matter. I didn't get PM's for the last post, but now I'm caught up on both!

In my opinion, the two individuals responsible for the most deaths during the Vong War was Borsk Fey'la and Nom Anor. I think I did a happy dance when I read the book where Borsk died.

Raptor517

21. L0B0

Jan 4, 2008
    Kyle Katarn FTW. Again

I didn't realize that Karia & Jor's true abilities were such a closely guarded secret. Kyle is right on about the rest of the Jedi accepting them, though.

22. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    I think I owe everybody on my PM list an apology. I think the last post, I accidently pulled the wrong list and PM'd folks who were either reading Last Jedi or the Boy Who Fell. I apologize for that and hope everyone enjoys the new post.

Darth Marrs

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Jor really showed up Jacen there. Can't help but feel a little proud for the Krypto-dude. :) But what's this about Kyle saying Danni likes older men? Oh, well - there are many cool Jedi chicks out there, guys. Don't lose heart. ;)

- Serena

24. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    I didn't get any PM at all o_O , but I'm still glad you updated ;) !

?Salle 8,? Jacen challenged.

?Two hours,? Jor agreed.

?Taking bets!? Anakin called.

Karia threw up her hands in abject failure. ?You are all idiots.?

Heee... Loved it! =D= =D= =D=

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great chapter! Excellent characterization. And I'm not even behind! :oops:

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.