main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Children of the Revolution" Planning Thread - 9-16 Post Identification

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    *Appears out of the mist* Hey everyone, I'm alive. :) After a week of non-stop schoolwork, I've been able to push aside some papers and books and actually emerge into civilization.

First of all, I'd be happy to work on post eleven, Am. Thank you for reserving it for me.

Second, beautiful post, JA! I love your scene with the "baddies" 8-}, written with just the right amount of tension and evilness.

They had destroyed what was Vader?s to manipulate, and transformed what could have been bittersweet revenge into a cold stature of futility. Vader flexed his hand. That mistake was soon going to be corrected and not in the most gentle manner.

[face_shocked] What an excellent and chilling paragraph, JA! Great job!

And, hey, what do you know-- we've reached 100! *Lets out a barrage of confetti and streamers* Yay! Anyone want a noisemaker?

*Dust*

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *takes noisemaker*

Great job, JA! :D

3. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Okay, I have a question . . . be warned, its silly. 8-}

What are we going to do about replies? Normally I reply to everyone who posts, as a sort of thank you and to answer questions. And normally I do it when I post the next post.

[face_panicked] So what do we do?

See? Silly question . . . 8-}

4. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Nice post!

One error; ?Who?s ingenious idea was it to send that thing into battle without any sort of defences anyway?? Han snorted.

Methinx this should read 'whose'...

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    JA, good one! I love Han Solo! *drool* His characterisation is charming.

Oba, would you believe that I have no idea? I, too, like to answer readers and encourage them to keep reading. I suppose we could all thank them in our little ways ? just a general thank-you, or one author on that day could write out all the names and answer questions. We?ll be posting everyday, so it isn?t intended that one person write out every reply every day. We could take turns, comment when we had the time, or leave that up to the author of the scene they?re commenting on.

Still, I?m glad you brought that up, oba, because I actually have a question running along those same lines. Just so you know, I?ll be keeping a copy of each post in case the author is away and unable to post on their given day. Now, I thought the author could post his or her own scene normally, but then another thought came to mind, and I said to myself, ?What if that author is away on that day??

What are your opinions on this posting system? Should I be able to post their scene if they?re away? Please, discuss :)

Am [face_love]

6. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't see why not, as long as you put in bold this is so and so's postie, not mine.

Givin' credit where its due and all that. ;) :D

P.S. And maybe explain that the author is away. [face_thoughtful]

7. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    We?ll be posting everyday, so it isn?t intended that one person write out every reply every day. We could take turns, comment when we had the time, or leave that up to the author of the scene they?re commenting on.

Hmm... I know I personally like to build up a little relationship 'tween me and readers by running thru all the responses and dropping teasers, stuff like that!

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Fantastic, oba!

Hmm, I don't like the idea of 'teasers'. I was never one for letting the cat out of the bag. I think everything should be kept at the author's discretion, and give the readers a surprise when it's posted. Establishing a relationship is one thing, Dart, but telling them where the story is headed is another.

However, what does everyone else think about dropping these 'teasers'?

Am [face_love]

9. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Depends on what you mean by 'teasers'. I don't tell my readers what will happen - but I will (rarely) remind them of a scene, or sometimes just give a [face_devil] to a comment.

But no biggie spoilers.

10. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    This should not be on the second page. :mad:

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Man, this is slow. How are we all going?

Josh had to pull out due to real life demands, so both of his posts are up for grabs. If you'd like them, be my guest. If no-one claims them, I'll either hunt you down ( :p ) or write them myself.

We'll probably have to organise the beta partners, but for now, Dart has allowed me to send my posts to him to be checked over. I have one scene left for my Luke post, and I'll put it up here once I'm done.

Take care,

Am [face_love]

12. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *curses self* Two pages. Out of a (I'm guessing) six or seven. :mad: Damn, I need to work on it . . .

13. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Outlined and in the works. This one is going to be a looooong post.

14. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Mine is officially underway...

15. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Well...

[image=http://www.norvol.hi.is/MYND0181.jpg]

Up!

16. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Cool pic. :)

*remembers should be working on post and curses*

17. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
  18. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Howdy! Well, here's my first post of three. I'm still working on the others, but this one was more important considering it belonged to the first post identification.

Comments are encouraged! :D

Luke Stardancer was less attuned to the heat than he believed. All his life, he?d strived to make an existence on the sandy desert world of Tatooine, only to swelter under the weather conditions. Of course, there was no true weather forecast for his homeworld, as it was apparent that the climate never changed ? boiling in the daytime due to the twin suns, and freezing like an ice cube at night.

He?d heard of other, more cultured worlds, whose landscapes were portraits in the minds of artists, and shaped by the whisperings of a mother nature far within the planet?s crust. The young man had dreamed of places where the rolling hills flowed on forever, and the dew on the grass clung to his bare feet. Where darkness never touched the horizon, and the Sun shined throughout the hours, breathing life into the souls of those who fed upon the land. He?d envisioned far better places for his spirit to dance, but he knew his mind was captivated the light?s illumination and he would never stray from that path life had given him.

What he would give to see the forest greens and the marshmallow yellow of another world for just a stitch in time. Even if he were to leave Tatooine, he would never truly forget the brightness of the sand, or the heat of two blazing suns. Neither would he forget the friends he?d made on this desert outpost - which was tucked so far away that he doubted the galactic maps even remembered it.

His best friend, Camie, was a fiery girl his own age. Her hair was the darkest brown, and her eyes shone like pools of water. She wasn?t as tall as he, but what she lacked in height, she made up in enthusiasm. Luke had known her for what seemed like forever, and he sometimes felt as if only she could understand him. One day, she would say, they?d find a way off this rock. Then, they would discover the most glorious centre of the galaxy, and delight in its fruits of flavour.

The war had ruined that dream.

The Coruscanti Empire and the Alderaan Confederation had boiled the pot and sent blameless lives to stir it. His father had gone to fight for the Confederation, claiming that it was his duty to do so. Duty or not, war was war. Luke despised it, perhaps more than he?d ever despised anything in all his years. This war - this battle for space - had torn his family apart, and worst of all; it had left him here.

What could he do stranded on this mud-hole? Caleren had made him promise to take care of his mother; made him promise on his life. Luke wished he could fulfill such promises, though he could neither protect her from harm nor shield her from the truth.

Padme Stardancer was a strong woman, even braver than Luke knew her to be. She?d survived the Clone Wars, and the years of scum that followed. There was something about his mother; magic he couldn?t quite place, and a secret she hid deep within her. Her spirit had been shattered several times, but every time she?d drawn on some numinous strength and heaved herself from the ground, dusted her clothes off, and continued on. Her character was built on the will to strive for a goal, to accomplish what she?d set out for in the face of opposition. And whatever that goal was, it was within her being to achieve it.

When Luke was a child, her bedtime stories would echo in his modestly decorated room, soothing his physical body, and enticing his imaginative abilities. His mother?s fairytales had been so vividly described, crafted to fashion another universe and beautiful beyond belief. One could just sink into the story, forget the plague of constant hassle, and dream a million dreams. If dreams were true, then wishes would be reality. Wishes. Boy, did he crave for them to have sentiment in his life. There wasn?t much magic and illusion left to enchant his fantasies.

Maybe if he?d brought a wishing stone from that elderly woman when she had re

19. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Good post Am! Jenocka is an OC I very much like, one might almost imagine him a Jedi... I wouldn't mind reading a story of him in the real SW universe... Well written as always, good show!

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    :D :D :D :D :D

Great post! :)

21. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Excellent post, Am! It's interesting to read the mother-and-son interaction between Luke and Padmé. It's such a pity that she died before having the chance to raise her two children in the movies; they were the only lasting goodness that came out of her marriage with Anakin. *Sighs wistfully and starts humming Across the Stars*

*Dust*

22. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Hey, anyone around?

23. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I am, lol.

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's 9th wheel!!!!! :D

;)

25. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Are there still eight wheels though? I forget.

So when's the big debut for the story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.