main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Wow Chilla! I'm very impressed with your work and progress - you keep this up and you will become a force to be reckoned with. :D

Your pencil work is making great strides and your computer work is wonderful because you seem to have a very good eye for composition. That is SO important!

I have to say though, I think of all of your work, my faavorite is your self portrait collage. It has a nicely edgy quality that is very original. It shows that you are pushing the boundries a bit and that's always good in art.

Keep it up! =D=

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, thank you! [:D]

Well, yesterday I've compared some of the first Fanart drawings I have done, starting from about Feb '05 and it's amazing. Even I was able to notice a progress. Most of the stuff back then was so bad I didn't even put it here. [face_blush]

Agaain, thanks very much for your kind words!

3. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    lol

Yes. FF's definition is spot-on. It's not easy to combine individual pieces (art, personalities, talent, etc.) to make the outcome greater than the sum of its parts. You have a good knack for it.

I like the flow of this new collage. Your lovely self-portrait gets my attention and either elements to the side guides me around the page. I must admit that the flow went toward the chocolate before coming around to the Padme look-alike.

Good job!

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    LOL at the "towards the chocolate"! [face_laugh]

*bows* Thank you very very much for your kind words! [:D]

5. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Exactly, display was the word *smacks herself*:oops: I really like the display with the chocolate in it, because you didn't see it didn't belong to it in the original :)

Oh it's something left :p I didn't eat all of it, only some, because I needed some happyness ;)

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Awesome collage!

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks you two! [:D]

Guess it's time for an update:

The first Chibi-Chibi I ever drew, so be nice:

[image=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6199/jainachibichibi5ka.jpg]

One very colorful Jaina Solo wallpaper:

[image=http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/238/theswordofthejedicopy1tb.jpg]

And an icon for another board, taken from a pic of me.

[image=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8950/iconfordlc2copymu4.jpg]

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    How cute is your Chibi Jaina?! She's darling, and you've done a wonderful job with her: I love the expression on her face, and her eyes are lovely! Great job! =D= The "colorful" wallpaper really gave me pause for a moment--with the sort of "ghost-cutout" you have there behind her, it made me think about the current story arc in the Legacy of the Force novels...(SPOILER!)and how she's losing a part of herself as her twin falls to the Dark Side... :_| I can't even imagine what all that must be doing to her...but it has to be sad. A lovely piece (and I personally like the bright colors!)--this is one of my favorite images of Jaina, too. Nice icon, as well--did you make that up yourself? I like the composition of it, and how it almost looks like you're peeking from beneath the brim of an "Indiana Jones"-style fedora hat, there! ;) Very nice! A terrific update--it's always fun to see new work from you (and I hope you decide to try more chibis--you seem to have a knack for that style!)!

FF

9. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    How cute is your Chibi Jaina?! She's darling, and you've done a wonderful job with her: I love the expression on her face, and her eyes are lovely! Great job! =D=

Wow, thank you! [:D]
    [face_blush] I'm glad you like her so much! I've great problems with anime eyes and mouths, so I'm happy I've gotten them right. I used one of your fav tutorials, btw. :D

The "colorful" wallpaper really gave me pause for a moment--with the sort of "ghost-cutout" you have there behind her, it made me think about the current story arc in the Legacy of the Force novels...(SPOILER!)and how she's losing a part of herself as her twin falls to the Dark Side... :_| I can't even imagine what all that must be doing to her...but it has to be sad. A lovely piece (and I personally like the bright colors!)--this is one of my favorite images of Jaina, too.

I like it as well! It was just hard getting rid of the green light on her face and hair.

I didn't think about that when I made the wallpaper, but it makes sense.

But IMO she has lost this part even earlier.
    I think it began at the end of the NJO, when Jacen started to travel to search for the true way of the force. When he came back, he had changed greatly. I think that the whole Dark Nest thingy/Joiner Mind and hanging around with Zekk was because of that. That Jaina tried to replace the missing part with something else.
    In the sequel of the sequel of my fic (sounds complicated), I'm only sure about one single line: I'll have someone say to Jacen about Zekk: "He's the brother she (Jaina) had lost in you."

Nice icon, as well--did you make that up yourself? I like the composition of it, and how it almost looks like you're peeking from beneath the brim of an "Indiana Jones"-style fedora hat, there! ;)

Oh... [face_blush] Yes, I did it. But it wasn't a Indian Jones hat. See for yourself.
    Btw: That was in summer '05, but I haven't changed much since.

Very nice! A terrific update--it's always fun to see new work from you (and I hope you decide to try more chibis--you seem to have a knack for that style!)!

Oh really? That's what my classmates said as well. Guess I could try some more.

Thanks again! [:D]

10. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    You have new stuff!! And I don't realize it. [:D]

I really like Chibi-Jaina, she looks really cute (and since I know, I wouldn't get a Chibi-Jag, how about a Chibi-Kyp with her? Would look even more cute [face_batting])

And the wallpaper is amazing, I think I have found a new wallpaper. The last one is boring by the time :D That one looks really great, I don't know where to look first. There are some details I really love, like the "Schemen" of Jaina and the X-Wing and I like the background, it looks great :)

I haven't to say anything about your new icon, have I? It suits you well and it's really well made.

11. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I really like the Wallpaper Jaina. very colorful.

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Cem_Fel: You have new stuff!! And I don't realize it. [:D]

I really like Chibi-Jaina, she looks really cute (and since I know, I wouldn't get a Chibi-Jag, how about a Chibi-Kyp with her? Would look even more cute [face_batting])

I've thought about a Chibi-Jacen, but this one is even better!
    As to the Chibi-Jag: Give me a white chocolate with nuts and I'll try my best. :p

And the wallpaper is amazing, I think I have found a new wallpaper. The last one is boring by the time :D That one looks really great, I don't know where to look first. There are some details I really love, like the "Schemen" of Jaina and the X-Wing and I like the background, it looks great :)

Wow! [face_blush] Aww! Thanks! [:D]
    It's on my desktop now as well.

I haven't to say anything about your new icon, have I? It suits you well and it's really well made.

You really don't have to say anything about it, since you've already seen it at the DLC.
    But thanks anyway! [:D] [face_love]

Btw: How did you get your icon/avatar over there?

TheOnlyJediPrincess:I really like the Wallpaper Jaina. very colorful.

Yay! Thank you! [:D]
    It's always a pleasure to see a new face in my small thread here.

13. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    I've thought about a Chibi-Jacen, but this one is even better!
    As to the Chibi-Jag: Give me a white chocolate with nuts and I'll try my best. tongue

Chibi-Jacen wouldn't bad either. :D

*rushes to the next supermarket to buy some*
    *hand you white chocolate with nuts*
    Did I get my Chibi-Ja, now??? *beams*

You really don't have to say anything about it, since you've already seen it at the DLC.
    But thanks anyway! hugs love

[:D] I'm only telling the truth (since I suppose "you are welcome" would let you feel, I'm only saying it because I like you...)

btw: How did you get your icon/avatar over there?

It was a christmas present from the secret santa :)

14. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    These are great pieces. With your permission, I'd like to add the Jaina pieces to the Jaina/Jag Index.

15. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Oh Chilla! These are nice! really like the Jaina one - but I like the one of you (I assume that's you) best.

Thanks for the PS tips btw! :)

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Sure! [face_blush] Thank you! [:D]

Aww! Thanks! [:D] Yeah, it's me in the icon. I'm glad you like it.

You're welcome! I hope they've helped you.

Cem_Fel:
    *rushes to the next supermarket to buy some*
    *hand you white chocolate with nuts*
    Did I get my Chibi-Ja, now??? *beams*

I guess the least I can do now is to try it.

It was a christmas present from the secret santa :)

And I only got sig graphics there! :_| :p

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Okay, I've tried my best. Sorry Jag is occompanied by Jaina.

[image=http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/82/jainaundjagud0.jpg]

Debbie, this might interest you. It's a portrait I did of my father for his birthday, back in September. Sadly, I wasn't able to catch the peaceful expression he has in the pic.

[image=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/7109/fotovonpapa3ir.jpg]

[image=http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8854/papa2lf.jpg]

18. Cem_Fel

Mar 14, 2006
    Ah, Master!!!! [:D]
    *storms in the hread*
    *looks at the picture*
    He is so cute, I love it [face_love] And I think it's easy to reconize Jag, you have the scar, you have the hair, it's pretty much a chibi-Jag. He looks not grim, but that's not a mistake in my opinion, he is with Jaina, he has to be happy :p I like his happy expression and he and Jaina is really cute. I also love Jaina in the picture, she looks so happy and satisfied, she has smelted Jag [face_mischief]
    A wonderful Chibi-picture and thank you so much you tried it, Master [:D]

Your portrait of you father is really impressive. You did a really well job with it and he looks peaceful on your potrait in some way, he looks just happy. On the photo is expression is more relaxed than your drawing, but I think you did a great job with drawning your father! :)

19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    He is so cute, I love it love And I think it's easy to reconize Jag, you have the scar, you have the hair, it's pretty much a chibi-Jag.

[face_dancing] I'm glad he's recognizeable. :)

He looks not grim, but that's not a mistake in my opinion, he is with Jaina, he has to be happy tongue I like his happy expression and he and Jaina is really cute.

I thought he should look at her in an affectionated way. It's just a slight smile, but I guess with what we know about Jag, is is a really large one.

I also love Jaina in the picture, she looks so happy and satisfied, she has smelted Jag mischief

She has indeed! I've tried to make her look happy, but had some problems with the mouth. Glad it worked out.

A wonderful Chibi-picture and thank you so much you tried it, Master

*chews e-chocolate* [:D] You're welcome!

Your portrait of you father is really impressive. You did a really well job with it and he looks peaceful on your potrait in some way, he looks just happy. On the photo is expression is more relaxed than your drawing, but I think you did a great job with drawning your father! happy

Aw! Thanks! [:D] :*

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think the portrait of your father is really good. That was a very difficult angle to draw a face at, but I think you've succeeded in getting it right. Well done. =D=

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=

Oh, you are so right, Chilla--I adore the portrait of your father!! =D= It's just beautiful, and soits is so right when he comments about the "difficulty of the angle;" that's a very tough angle in which to properly proportion the face in a drawing, but yours looks just right! The shading is well-placed and true to the photo (you can go even darker with the deeper shadows, and it'll really make the portrait "deep" and give it wonderful volume)--and I think you did a fabulous job capturing that tranquil expression on his face: the lips have that trace of a smile, the features are easy--he looks very relaxed and at peace! What a terrific job--and I'm sure he's just delighted with this, too! Wonderful! The Chibi Jaina and Jag is darling (I love that they're holding hands--too cute!)--you got Jag's military haircut and the scar on his forehead--all very well done (and they're looking at each other so sweetly! Awww!)! A terrific update, Chilla--and I do love the portrait! =D=

FF

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Aw, thanks so much! [:D]

[face_blush] Thanks! [:D]
    My father liked it. He said that if I continue drawing like that, I'll become very good in a few years. I dunno yet. [face_blush]

I'm so glad you like the chibi-chibi as well. I didn't know how exactly to draw Jag; you know that I have my dear problems with men. :p Drawing men, I mean.

Does anyone of you know how the difference between them is in height? I just drew what I thought to be allright, but I'm not sure. Didn't want to make Jaina much smaller, though.

23. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I think Jaina and Jag are fine. very cute. as hor hight. I think Jaina takes after her mother there, on the shorter side. so I think the hight between them is perfect. *Sigh* I wish they would get back together.

the drawing of your dad is very well done. Faces are not easy to do. I really like the sunglass. I have to agree with your dad. you have a very good start. you should see some of my first drawings of faces. There kind of inresting[face_blush]. nothing like the start that you have.

24. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I like the one called: Chibi-Chibi. I have nver heard of that before. What does Chibi-Chibi mean?

25. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Good job on the portrait, I think you captured the face very well! I also like the Chibi-Chibis as well, keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.