main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Aw, thanks! [:D]
    I'm glad the height is right that way.

Chibi-Chibi is the name of the style. Body and head are about the same size and drawn in an anime style. Usually they also look a bit chubby, but in a cute way.

Here is the tutorial I drew it from. FalconFan gave me the link ages ago, seems to be her fav site.

Glad you like it! :)

Hey, thank you! [:D]

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    eep, how did I manage to miss this gallery? I've had a browse through most of the images and have to say a HUGE thumbs up to your collection of sketches, wallpapers and of course the adorable chibis :D

You can really see how your skills have developed over time from the start of these posts to the last images you posted. Very nice work. Oh, I had a look at your site too, very cool ;)
    Keep up the good work!

3. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Shall I interpret this as a "more Chibis"??? :D They're really fun to draw, I must say.

[:D] Thanks! I'll try!

4. hai

hai Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2006
    Yes! Do more chibis! I love your chibis! I'm a big sucker when it comes to chibis. I want to put them in a pie and bake them. [face_love]

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    What?!?!?! You want to bake and eat my poor, little chibis? [face_worried] :_| *cuddles chibis*
    :p

Thanks so much! I'll do some more since everyone around here likes them.

Have you tried chibis? Cause I can't believe from what I've seen in your thread that you would have any problems with them. :)

6. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Did someone mention baked chibis? *looks hopeful*
    That would be a good idea for a humerous pic actually :D
    Yep, you can indeed take that as a thumbs up ( from me at least) for more chibis!

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_worried] *hides chibis*
    Hm...I've done a Chibi-Chibi I like very much for and of one of my friends, Kassi. She posted here at Fanarts once, but she can't find her password anymore and is too lazy to get a new one. xD
    Maybe I can talk her to upload the Chibi somewhere.

8. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Fiddled around with Photoshop a bit again:

Force Twins:
    [image=http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5488/forcetwinscopyxj5.jpg]

Jacen alone:
    [image=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4913/jacensolocopyzr6.jpg]

Jaina alone:
    [image=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9215/jainasoloforcetwincopygj7.jpg]

Jacen's lightsaber looks so stupid cause I had to do it myself with Photoshop.

9. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    Hi and my congratulations =D= I want to tell you how much I like what you have done with that photoshop.I wish I knew how to use it. :(Anyway the final results look great and they all make perfect desktops especially for one crazy about the Expanded Universe of Star Wars (such as myself ;) )I hope you will fiddle some more with other characters for our delight .My thanks for a job well done.@};-

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh pretty!! I love the colors, and both these images are easily some of my favs for these two! **is sad about Jacen's LOTF fate** And I don't think Jacen's saber looks at all bad--extremely good, in fact: good glow, the right color, nice and straight! I think it looks just fine! The single pieces are good, but I'm especially fond of the two of them together--it has a nice balance, and just "feels" good! :p Most excellent work, Chilla!

FF

11. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    A very lovely rendition!

They have a look about them like they have chips on their shoulders; like they have something to prove. You give it an "underdog" quality that're relatable. Good job!

I agree with FF about the lightsaber. After you made your comment about the lightsaber looking stupid, I looked at the addition for five minutes and thought "... It DOES?!" lol

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    KRELYA:Hi and my congratulations =D= I want to tell you how much I like what you have done with that photoshop.I wish I knew how to use it.

Do you have the program? if yes, I can tell you a few things about it. :)

Anyway the final results look great and they all make perfect desktops especially for one crazy about the Expanded Universe of Star Wars (such as myself ;) )I hope you will fiddle some more with other characters for our delight .My thanks for a job well done.@};-

Aw! Thank you! [:D] [face_dancing]

What other characters would you like to see?

FalconFanOh pretty!! I love the colors, and both these images are easily some of my favs for these two!

Mine as well. I've chosen them mainly because they wear similar clothes in the pics; makes them more twin-like.

**is sad about Jacen's LOTF fate**

Me too. :(

And I don't think Jacen's saber looks at all bad--extremely good, in fact: good glow, the right color, nice and straight! I think it looks just fine!

Aw, thanks! *beams*
    I've tried to follow a tutorial I had found in the net, but somehow I was too stupid for it, so I had to do it on my own.

The single pieces are good, but I'm especially fond of the two of them together--it has a nice balance, and just "feels" good! :p Most excellent work, Chilla!

Thanks! [:D] I love them together the most as well!

Vandalier:A very lovely rendition!

They have a look about them like they have chips on their shoulders; like they have something to prove. You give it an "underdog" quality that're relatable. Good job!

I agree with FF about the lightsaber. After you made your comment about the lightsaber looking stupid, I looked at the addition for five minutes and thought "... It DOES?!" lol

[face_blush] Thanks!
    I'm sure the angle is a bit wrong, but it seems that it's not as bad as I'd thought.

13. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    Well in answer to your first question , yes I have the program but I find it very difficult to use so if you have some suggestions I'd be most obliged and thankful.[face_batting] As for the second question ,where shall I begin?[face_thinking] Since you are so good with this program and also I can say you have proved to know how to place them in such a way as to make them look their best how about Mara and Luke(please I'm a great fan) and then maybe Luke and Anakin like father and son(I've always found the idea of connecting two eras fascinating,to see both generations together).:) Still I don't want to impose and I'd be thankful for anything new you can offer.In the same time my congratulations remain and even if you can't make some more wallpapers I'll still continue to be one who admires your work. P.S.you deserve the rose ,even more than one@};- @};- @};-

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_blush] You make me blush. Thank you! [:D]

Well, most of what I know about Photoshope is self-taught anyway. I'll try to get a tutorial up here:

Colorful background:

In case you don't want to draw your background (like I sometimes do), you can also create one by clicking on the Gradient tool. It's in the box on the left, a small box that is white on one side and gets black to the other one.
    Go up into the row under the File/edit-stuff one. There should be a colorful box now. Click onto the arrow next to it to select one of the already existing color schemes. (I'll just call them that way)
    With a double-click onto the box you open a menu where you can also change the colors of the scheme. (the arrows under the colorful box, double-click)
    Now you can click somewhere onto your background and pull the now appearing line over your screen. I haven't figured out yet exactly how it works, so you'll have to try for yourself which length what does.

I bet it is already extremely confusing so far... [face_blush]

Now you open another image. Select the part you want to use for my wallpaper, then press control and 'c'. Close the image, so that only the earlier created background is left. Now you can press control and 'v', what will cause the selected part to appear in front of your background on an own layer.

If you don't know how to make things fade into the backround, you'll learn that now as well:

Select your image/picture and click right. Select "select inverse" and then right click again, but this time "feather". Now chose a number. The lower the number, the crisper the fading will be. If you type f.e. 60, the image will fade more slowly into the background. Now you only have to press delete and the image will fade. In case it hasn't enough, press delete more often.

I hope that it helped....if not, just say it.

Cool ideas. :) I'll see what I can do.

15. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    Hi again and thank you for your prompt reply.:) I will try to follow your instructions even though you're right they made me a little dizzy .Even so I think I'll learn by trial and error and once again thank you.As for the wallpapers, as I said no pressure although I look forward to seeing what you'll make of my ideas.O:) Best of luck and lots of inspiration!!![face_peace]

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I can't describe things very good... [face_blush]
    But I'm sure you'll do fine! [:D]

Don't worry. I don't like the PT that much, but I'm a huge Luke/Mara shipper myself, so I guess that one will be fun.

17. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Very cool. I like the colors again. they fit really well with Jaina.

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks! [:D]
    I'd always wanted to make a wallpaper of the twins with a green-violet background cause they are their colors. [:D]

19. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Your wallpapers looks really cool. I like the colors and the pictures you have choosen. Jacen looks awesome [face_love] (*smacks herself* I think too much stress is bad for me... Too much fangirliness *sigh*)

But they look very well and Jacens lightsaber looks good, too. I like them [:D] Will think about a new background now :p

20. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_blush] It's my new desktop background now as well...

Thanks, sweetie! [:D]

21. DunedinJedi

DunedinJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2007
    nice stuff chilla

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks! [:D]
    I didn't know you were around here at Fanarts as well. :)

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Here is a Chibi-Chibi of Kassi, a friend of mine.

[image=http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5313/kassichibikw0.jpg]

And a Mara/Luke wallpaper. Hope you like it, Kreyla. If not, just tell me and I'll work on the next one. [face_devil]

[image=http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5820/unitedcopywp2.jpg]

24. KRELYA

KRELYA Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2007
    I simply adore it.:D You are a genius.I think I love you.[face_love] It's already on my desktop.:)

I like the way you thought to combine the beginnings(their wedding) and the present times (the way they are portrayed now)=D=

I can find no fault with this one.:) but of course I want more.[face_batting].Maybe with more images from the Japanese covers ,they look great on them. If you dont have them tell me and I'll give you the link where you can find them.:) Anyway as usual no pressure.:D

And also as usual: @};- @};- @};-

KRELYA:)

25. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    =D= I love the Mara/Luke Wallpaper. It looks great and I have to agree with KRELYA, it's combination of the old times with the present times is really interesting ;)
    And the Chibi looks so cute. :)

[:D] well done like always, Master :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.