main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chilla's stuff: Return from Hiatus w/ wallpapers (Jaina, Tenel Ka, Mara/Luke, LotR) page 22

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chilla, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafear

Mustafear Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Wow, Chilla! This is leaps and bounds better than the last! You are learning so much!

One more suggestion? Try adding just a hint of light reflecting in her eyes. Go look in a mirror at your own eyes and notice how they catch the light before doing it.

Can't wait to see what's next.

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Okay, thx Mustafear!
    I'm also surprised, Estira is very good....
    Unfortunetly soon the autumn holidays will end (yes, we german's have something like that), so I'll have less time for further fanarts.

3. Mustafear

Mustafear Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    You are more than welcome, Chilla, and there is new Jaina art up in my thread (only saying b/c you love her so much).

-Zonoma-
    (surprise)

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah, surprise, surprise..... [face_dancing]
    Puh, just read a wonderful fanfic about Jaina, I really like her much. Sometimes she's just like me.....
    Thx, then see you again in your thread!

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    lol, just for fun.....

Jaina's saltletts

My little brother eats this and "Sticks" reminded me so much of Jaina.......

6. Great_One

Great_One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    Haha, the saltletts one is cute. :) Kind of like taking the Mpire thing a step further, lol. You're Estira pic shaded is also very nice - you've *definately* been improving. :)

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks for stopping in my thread, Great One.

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    LOL at the saltlettes! "Sticks," indeed! ;) I always loved that name for her, actually--so appropriate to a skilled pilot!

And the most recent drawing (the update of Estira) is wonderful! Keep up the great work, Chilla, and don't hesitate to share whatever little sketches or drawings you have! I myself forget that it doesn't have to be a fully completed drawing--that sometimes, seeing the rough sketches can be even more illuminating into an artist's "process." So feel free to post whatever you have going! :D

FF

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    LOL, that was too funny Chilla!

10. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thx you too. I was not sure if it's okay to post something like that here.......
    I'm glad you like it. Although I'm not happy about the Saltletts letters where Jaina is.

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
  12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice wallpaper, Chilla. The Jedi in the center, is that supposed to be Jacen also? Or is that Ganner?

AG88

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice, Chilla! I like this a lot: I believe that the center Jedi is Ganner Rhysode, in his "None Shall Pass" mode, while Jacen is at the left, and his younger brother's Force-ghost is on the right (with that evil-looking Vong fellow...). All the most powerful elements of the story, really, and a very nice composition. Well done!

FF

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Although I havn't read Traitor yet, I know what happened there.
    The wallpaper is about Jacen in Traitor. Ganner bought time for him and Jacen saw Anakin's ghost. The vong should be Nom Arnor, at least google affirmed it.
    To be honest, I wanted to do a wallpaper about the twins, but I'm happy with "merely" Jacen.
    Oh, and the planet under Ganner should be Coruscant.

Thanks for the nice comments!

15. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    All the elements were easily interpretted and Nom Anor is creepy looking. Love Ganner's pose (you even remembered to give him Anakin's purple lightsaber), though for some reason I always pictured him dark haired (don't know why, honestly). I love that you turned that Anakin pic into a Force ghost! That was a really cool addition, as was the now darkened city planet of Coruscant/Yuuzhantaar. The only major missing element is Vergere but I haven't seen so much as ONE picture of a Fosh that was decent so I don't blame you there! I have often considered drawing my idea of what she looked like and forget about her portrait on Hyperspace.com!

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, Ganner and Anakin are part of the japanise bookcover of traitor........

But I have a new wallpaper:

Dubious Engagement (1280x1024)

Google pretends that the woman is Leia, but in my oppinion she looks more like Jaina.

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I've been trying to see your latest piece, Chilla but for some reason keep getting the dreaded "red x-in-a-box" when I try to bring it up. I've been having a lot of trouble with ImageShack lately (not able to upload, can't get to the image panel, etc.) so maybe it's my browser, though I've checked it a bunch of times... Sorry I can't comment! :( Keep on drawing and creating, though!

FF

18. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Yeah, IS sucks for me, too... It only loaded half of your lastest piece, but it looks good so far. Please re-upload, maybe it works then.

I really like your wallpapers and collages, and your drawings are nice, too!

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Unfortunately, I had the same problem! Let us know when we can view it, though.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yayyy!!! It finally came up! And I like it a lot, Chilla! I've always loved that image of Jag (other than the portrait of him that Corellian_Rogue did... =P~ )--and that's quite an interesting take on Jaina there--where did you find that one...? It almost looks like a book cover image, but I don't recall ever seeing one like that... Very nice composition, as always, and I really like the color choices you used for this too: the intense blue in the overlapping elipses, balanced by the bright warm colors on the subjects is excellent! Well done! And I'm glad I could finally view it (after two days of trying!)!

FF

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Holy Toledo! I love it, Chilla! That pic of Jaina is hot, too.:eek: And I'm a man-loving chick! o_O

22. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice Chilla. Where did you get that pic of Jaina? It is great. What does she have in her hand? Do you know? Just curious.

I love the colors. Very nice work.

AG88

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    My big brother has done the background, found it on his computer and just took it without asking him.....
    Well, I've found this "Jaina" picture when I was searching with google for "Leia Organa Solo" under images. You can imagine how surprised I was when I found THAT!

24. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Weird... it works for me, now, too...

I really like this wallpaper! The only thing that could be a bit improved is Jag's face... maybe some smoothening or something, it looks so pixelly..

That Leia artwork is from SotE, IIRC. Not sure who was the artist, tho... but yeah, she really looks like her daughter, there... of course, she wasn't much older then... :p

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yes, I'm also not happy with Jag's face, but unfortunetly it seems that I can't do it better....

And thx, know I know where it's from. I thought it would look great here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.