main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chime in with your AVP-R disappointments...(Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by inkpenavenger, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    So here are mine. (By the way, I've only seen the Unrated edition.)

First off, the stories of the humans were weak. Not that I expected a good story, but I was hoping.

Second, they went too far with some of the violent content. The chestburster popping out of the eight-year-old was horrible. And the predalien filling pregant womens' uteruses with chestbursters was just sick.

I felt the ending was an annoyingly faithful reproduction of ALIENS, RESIDENT EVIL 2, and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

I did like the Yutani tie-in. But that was one of the movie's only good points.

So, my question is, what did you like and not like about AVP-R (or AVP for that matter) and what would you like to see if they made and AVP3?

2. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    What disappointments?[face_plain] Awesome movie!

Seriously If we're talking disappointments, the only ones that come immediately to mind. I would have liked it if they had shot up a few aliens while they were travelling in the APC, seemed like a wasted opportunity. I would have liked it if the Predator had said something in the movie, the Predators from the first two were always letting loose with catchphrases.
    And it would have been cool if they had got one of the government guys from Predator 2 maybe Adam Baldwin to be in charge in AVPR, it would have been a nice touch.

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.