main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chimera (Luke, Mara, Dark AU) Updated 11/22, Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    oooohhhh interesting what if :D I willhave to stay for this dark ride

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Golden_Jedi - Thank you :)
    But maybe he can amend some of his deeds?
    Perhaps ;)

ginchy - Oh, poor Han! And Chewie!
    I did feel bad for killing Chewie - but Han wouldn't be at his lowest with him still alive, so...
    I'm chilled at the ending..."Bring me the magician."
    Thanks...the only question is what the Emperor plans to do with Luke [face_devil]

Jedi-2B - Thanks!
    I'm wondering how he's going to fit into the rest of the story.
    I'm wondering the same thing :p No, I have a vague idea, really...
    And Luke's Force power wasn't as hidden from Palpatine as Vader thought, I see.
    No - it was probably more wishful thinking on Vader's part. Although how much the Emperor knows is another question...

RedGold - Poor Han... but he deserves what he got...
    A victim of his own stupidity... :oops:
    And this Selano... is she someone we know but by a different name?
    No, she's an OC...I did intend for it to be someone we know and for it to be revealed later on, but I couldn't think of anyone who was the right age, character etc who actually fit into the story without it being too much of a stretch.

Anakins_Force - Thank you :)
    Han really needed Leia in his life--that's one place where the EU didn't mess up.
    Leia (and Luke) have made Han such a completely different character - he did really need them to save him.
    But I have a feeling you have something in store for him yet.
    I do have plans fo him...:D

PonyTricks - WELL!!! This is a MOST DEPRESSING FIC!
    :D I'll take that as a good sign...thank you.
    I have a feeling Han may get his wish for death if he ever sees Luke the Magician again!
    Most prabably. I don't think this Luke is the forgiving type ;)

MirandaFair - Thanks!
    It's so sad that Han and Leia parted the way they did. *sighs* What could have been....
    It is rather sad - neither of them got to know the love of the other...
    Speaking of Luke...hope he's still watching his back.
    That, or Mara is wathcing it for him ;)

Jade_eyes - Wow--Han's all "neurotic" isn't he? Got all kinds of guilt and other baggage.
    Yep - I had so much fun writing all of their different and altered characters :)
    And as for Luke: the last line gave me the proverbial bad feeling
    I don't think i'm giving anything away by saying the feeling probably won't go away anytime soon... ;) Thanks for reading!

maramijade - Thank you :)
    I will have to stay for this dark ride
    Good to have you reading - all I can promise is that it will get darker...

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Wow. Am marveling at what changes when something simple (like Han turning around and going back to cover Luke's rear) doesn't happen and then everyone is miserable because of it.

Keep it commin. (err... please?)

4. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    DaenaBenjen42 - Thank you :)

Author's note: Hello all, sorry to keep you all waiting for the next installment of this fic. My grandmother has recently passed away so I will be MIA for the next few days, I will be up country to be with my family/attend the funeral. It also means that the next chapter (which I was hoping to finish by today) will be delayed for about a week. Any thoughts and prayers for my family would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Take your time, JL. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh no! Chewie!!! Poor Han... :(

edit -- in eagerness to post a reply, I missed your author's note. I, too, am sorry for you loss and you have my prayers.

7. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    JL, I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time. @};-

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I'm very sorry for your loss, JadeLotus. Take your time, we'll wait.

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm lovin' this story, JL. :D

And I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. @};- [:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Let me please add my deepest condolences. I know that when you're able to, we'll be richly rewarded for the wait. [:D]

11. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts [:D] [:D]

[b]Chapter 4[/b]

[i]?I would not be you for all the world? he declared. ?You have let your doom in by the front door, but it will not depart that way?.[/i]

Luke didn?t imagine there was a darker, colder place than that of his cell, but the Emperor?s throneroom chilled his bones down to the marrow. Sculptures, barely discernible in the dark, lined the walls, ornate images of pain and suffering, frozen for the Emperor?s pleasure.

His blond leader, the one who had collected Luke from his cell, turned slightly, a smug smile on her face. Obviously she enjoyed his discomfort. Luke resolved not to give her the satisfaction, and kept his face impassive. As blunted as his Force senses were, he knew this woman meant only danger to him. He knew that youth and beauty were a deadly combination.

He had also sensed the reticence that Mara felt, when she had handed him over ? the bitter silence between them, the same haughty smile on the blonde?s face. Whoever this woman was, she caused Mara a great pain. And it would be in his best interests to discover why. That was, if he lived through this meeting at all. Perhaps the Emperor had no further use for him ? perhaps he had discovered what Luke knew about his father.

[i]His father.[/i] Luke unconsciously clenched a fist under his binders. He was to come face to face with the man who had abused and used him, and sentenced him to an early death within the confines of a black, inescapable prison.

For a moment, Luke felt his blunted emotions flare with the burning intensity of his hate. Pure, blinding rage filled his being with a compounding heat, the flickering dullness of his soul became alight with it, spreading through the blood in his veins, through his extremities and smothering his entire being with the fire of its darkness. But as they approached the robed figure on the dais, Luke felt it subside as quickly as it had overtaken him. From the depths of his soul, he felt a calm, soothing presence, almost as if his father was there, quenching the fire that burned within him.

It was a reprimand, Luke realised, as clarity came to him. His father had told him explicitly of this. The Emperor?s power was great, but he was bound by his own arrogance. If Luke kept his head, if he could remain impassive, his adversary would not be able to sense the small changes in his emotions, the secrets he kept within firm barriers. But if his anger was swift and hot, he could not have a hope of remaining safe from the Emperor?s probes.

Luke calmed himself. The need for revenge was still there, but it was a mere flicker in a sea of cool indifference. It was cold with its practicality, its precision. Luke would find his revenge, he would defeat the Emperor, he knew this. But it would not be today. Palpatine must believe that Luke was his willing servant ? slave to his very will, as Vader had been. Then, his triumph would be greater.

Luke halted at the foot of the platform that housed the Emperor?s throne. Briefly, he contemplated the viewing port that braced the wall of the room. None of the buildings of Coruscant were visible from this level ? The Emperor?s chambers were the highest in the city. There was only the stars. At one time, Luke might have found hope in them, or comfort. He had not glanced upon them in many months, captive in the bowels of the city. But there was nothing in the wide-eyed boy who would watch the stars for many hours, filled with the hope of his dreams.

They meant little to him now, and did not hold his attention for more than a few moments.

?Come closer, my boy.? The Emperor?s deep, rasping voice was quiet, but it seemed to fill the very caverns of Luke?s being. ?Let me look at you.? Careful not to show fear, or hesitation, Luke climbed the shallow steps towards the seated Emperor, his own dull eyes meeting the yellow, burning intensity of the Emperor?s own.

He did not seem so mu

12. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    ?You?re afraid? The Emperor rasped, drawing him closer. ?That?s good?. He smiled, bringing Luke in close until he could feel the stale breath upon his face. ?That?s very good?.

I couldn't but remeber the scene with Yoda in ESB, I'm not afraid/You will be... :D

Glad you're back!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! That was a beautifully described balancing act--between giving full rein to darker emotions and maintaining the upper hand. I think Luke came off splendidly--I hope it continues. His riot of thought and emotions was very powerful. Very curious as to the exact details of his plans and how Mara fits in.

14. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Oooh, JL...so dark, and creepy! I could just feel the tension and 'see' everything. Wonderful writing! =D=

Poor Luke...I wonder if he can get himself out of this mess? And that Hand...I wonder what more we'll see from her?

I can't even imagine where you'll take this, but I can't wait to find out! :D

15. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Welcome back, JL. [:D]

Luke/Schmendrick is in bit of a bind. The Emperor is as creepy as ever. The chapter has a brooding darkness to it, which I love.

Selano is Palpatine's left hand 'woman'. While she may be his favorite, Mara Jade will definitely be a match for her. They underestimate Mara...just like they're underestimating Luke. (But I still fear for Luke...as it's all about revenge. He is in a dangerous spot.)

Great work!=D=

16. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

?The Dark Side asks for your servitude, but it gives so much more?. The Emperor rose ominously, and walked towards Luke with solid purpose. ?I offer you power as you?ve never seen, as you?ve never felt. The Dark Side richly rewards those who are worthy, and you could wield its full strength?. For a moment, Luke was transfixed by the swirling yellows and reds in the Emperor?s eyes, by the deep lull of his voice, by the dark power whose tendrils reached out to cling to him. He stood at the precipice, a voice from within him calling for him to jump, to give himself over to it.

Luke blinked, and took a step back, fearful of the tempting emotions that had just come to him. The Emperor clasped a surprisingly strong hand on his shoulder steadying him.

Oh Jade, you communicate the Emperor's slimy malice so well. I liked how Luke has an objective in mind, but he almost loses sight of it because of the temptation of the dark side of the Force. The mood you created is perfect! I can't wait for the next update.

17. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Well... I'm afraid...

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooo, Palpatine is so creepy! [face_plain]

Excellent. This post was written so beautifully! Can't wait for more! :)

19. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Golden_Jedi - Thank you.
    I couldn't but remeber the scene with Yoda in ESB, I'm not afraid/You will be...
    I was thinking of that when I was writing it as well... :D

Jade_eyes - Thanks :)
    That was a beautifully described balancing act--between giving full rein to darker emotions and maintaining the upper hand
    I think it would be much harder for him than it was in canon - after all - he's not exactly adverse to those dark emotions, he just knows he can't use them. It's tricky, all right.

ginchy - Thank you - I'm glad the creepy vibe came off, because the fic is sure going to get darker ;)
    And that Hand...I wonder what more we'll see from her?
    Oh, she has her part to play. She and Mara have an...interesting relationship. [face_devil]

MirandaFair - Thank you [:D]
    They underestimate Mara...just like they're underestimating Luke. (But I still fear for Luke...as it's all about revenge. He is in a dangerous spot.)
    You hit it spot on :) Their overconfidence is their weakness ;)

Anakins_Force - Thanks! :)
    I liked how Luke has an objective in mind, but he almost loses sight of it because of the temptation of the dark side of the Force.
    The temptation of the dark side will always be there, but stronger because of Luke's changed life, attitude and the death of Vader. The question is if he will be able to resist it (or if he even wants to?)

RedGold - Goooooooooood [/Emperor] :p

Idrelle_Miocovani - Thank you :)
    Ooo, Palpatine is so creepy!
    You expected him to be anything but? :D

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *shivers*

I really like the power-play you've got going between Luke and the Emp. I can't even begin to predict what will happen next. [face_worried]

Excellent! :D

21. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    when looking the positive side ....
    Little Palpy gonna get some a**whoopig :)

hope we will have Emperor Luke Skywalker soon, but not too soon ;)

22. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Jedi Trace - Thank you. I'm glad you like the Emperor/Luke dynamic - i've tried to make it different, but still very twisted and manipulative, as the one they had in ROTJ. Luke's older, and able to manipulate back ;)

tasujad - Thanks! Not telling what will happen between Palps and Luke - but I wouldn't disregard the notion of an Emperor Skywalker :D

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

[i]The unicorn said quietly, ?This one is real. This is the harpy Celaeno?.

?Sister of the rainbow, believe it or not?, they heard Rukh braying to awed onlookers. ?Her name means ?The Dark One?, the one whose wings blacken the sky before a storm?.[/i]

Selano strode the dank corridors of the Imperial prison with relish, sneering at the alien slaves who toiled in the caverns, taking lists, making reports. Insignificant forces in the Empire?s efficient machinations of dominance. This section housed mainly political prisoners, although the influx had slowed in recent years. With the Rebellion?s quick death, few dared to challenge the Emperor, at least as brazenly as the rebels had done. Or so she?d heard. She?d only been a child, then. Still within the protective scope and care of her minders, her tutors.

No one had dared try organised rebellion since the activation of the Death Star. There had been a few notable examples ? Corellia being the last, but they were few and far between. The Emperor had confided in her that the Death Star was a much more effective deterrent than a weapon of punishment.

She had learned much from his tutelage ? she barely remembered a life before that of the Emperor. She had brief memories of her parents ? surface images really, fragile within her own mind. But she made to effort to strengthen them, to delve deeper into her childhood. There simply was no need. At the age of nineteen, she?d already spent more time in the Emperor?s service than she had with her blood family. And her memories carried a certain sense of drudgery and tedium.

It was not her destiny to be coddled by the weak-minded some called family, to be bound and chained by their laughable concept of [i]love[/i]. She?s executed them, anyway, despite their pleas for mercy and their eventual, dying words of broken hearts and other such nonsense. It had been her first kill ? her proof to the Emperor that she had what the other lacked ? that she was not horrified at death, even that of her own blood. They?d been filthy rebels, anyway, though it had come to matter little to Selano. All that mattered was the Emperor?s word.

It was a mistake her mentor had made, confusing service ? the master and student - with the concept of loyalty and compassion. That had been before Selano had become not only the Emperor?s Hand, but his most favoured and trusted disciple. But it had been the beginning for her ? the first in a long line of conquest and victory. No, Selano did not harbour any untoward feeling towards her master, did not live under any delusion that he cared for her. And she, in turn, was only loyal to him so long as he gave her the incentive. Were another to challenge his power and seat at the head of the Empire, Selano would be there, ready to see who came out the victor. She would stake her claim in any new order, would climb through any rank she chose.

There was a chance of that, now. Vader had been too weak and stupid to attempt any usurpation of the Emperor?s power, had not even had the strength to outlast him. But this new man ? Schmendrick ? he posed and interesting quandary. Selano might have to choose sides, should things become heated. The magician had been moved into Vader?s old quarters ? officially taken under the apprenticeship of the Emperor.

Selano could not deny the rage she felt at his appointment, at her own passing-over for a position she had long-coveted. Hadn?t she served the Empire loyally for years, hadn?t she disposed of every traitor, rebel, businessman or threat to its stability, to that o

23. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh-oh, what has the Emperor in mind for Mara? I worry... [face_worried]

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Eeek! I think Selano is who a lot of people claim that Mara was...though Mara always seemed to hold an innate sense of honor and didn't seem to ever be so cold-hearted. Loyal, yes. This cold...I don't think so. (Just imo, of course).

I enjoyed the look into Selano very much. I wonder what the Emperor wants with Mara...me thinks it may have something to do with our Luke...eeek!

Write more, soon, gal! I love it!

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh, wow... this post has gotten me worried. [face_worried]

Write more soon, please, can't wait to find out what's next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.