main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chiss Claw Craft.

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I do not take ANY credit for the modeling of this. I just put the parts together. The FANTASTIC modeling was done by:
    Tie Cockpit: Ian Bremner.
    Engines: Tom Grays
    Wings: Don Showalter

All the models are from SciFi3D. I just finished the NJO books in which this played a part and wanted to see what I could come up with.

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/3D%20models/clawcraft4.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/3D%20models/clawcraft.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/3D%20models/clawcraft2.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/3D%20models/clawcraft3.jpg]

2. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    yea. My thread got locked becuase of somethign like this. They said that people don't like kit-bashing.

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I can see why if someboday tries to take full credit for the work. I'm not. And besides SciFi3D is hosting at least 1 model that is a kit bash. CLICKIE

4. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    touchè

5. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Cool, but I very much doubt that the model is what a Chiss Clawcraft looks - or would look - like. I would expect it to appear more like the TIE Banshee model that someone did for A Rising Threat. What you've made seems to be, at least according to the X-Wing novels, an X-TIE with stubby wings.

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    You got me thinking about the X-Tie and I took a look in the The Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia on TFN and found this:

"Clawcraft   
    this was the form of starfighter developed by the Chiss in the early years of the peace accord between the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic. Named for their appearance, clawcraft were constructed from the cockpit and engines of a standard TIE Fighter. Instead of solar panels for wings, the clawcraft had four arm-like projections sprouting from the sides of the cockpit, each tipped with a laser cannon. Measuring just over 7.5 meters in length, the clawcraft also had limited hyperspace capabilities, lacking a true navigational computer in favor of realspace anchor points near each Chiss-inhabited planet. (DTR, GMR5)"

And thats the look I was going for.

The X-Tie is described this way:
    "X-TIE   
    this common form of Ugly consists of an X-Wing hull mounted with the hexagonal solar panels of a TIE Fighter. (KT)"

7. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Funny...I'd always assumed a Chiss Claw Craft looked like this: http://jedijenn0.tripod.com/morebooks/clawcraft2.jpg

(Tripod...copy and paste in address bar to view).

Of course, I've never read the NJO, so what do I know?

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Never seen that pic before. Thats kind of cool!

9. Darksteps

Darksteps Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2001
    that one looks like something crossed with something from Babylon 5 and a TIE...

Darksteps...

10. lolleader

lolleader Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2000
    Anrev,

Looks pretty cool. In general, its always good practice to contact the authors and get their permission before you do any sort of kit-bashing. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Point taken and noted for future reference. If I were ever asked to release the model I would ask permission first. However I believe that by crediting the original artests on the art that I am within the guide lines set forth in the SCIFI 3D Agreement Form.

That being said I would instantly remove any art work should any of the original artests objected to the use of their model in such a way and presented as I have.

Thank you all for your comments.

12. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    It's seamlessly assembled, and I see you've mastered the cyclodrama lighting.

13. Darth_Tater

Darth_Tater Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Cyclodrama lighting?

14. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    well, i just got the NEW essential guide to vehicles and vessels and the ship in there looks identical to the above pic ("cross between babalon5 and SW")...

but from your description (of what it should look like, great work.

15. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Sorry. Typo. I meant cyclorama. It's sort of a vast sea of white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.