main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Choices - Dark Leia/Palpatine/Luke/Vader/Mara etc Angst/Drama A/N and thanks for voting Best Action!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Title: Choices
    Author: Brentus
    Characters: Palpatine, Leia, Han, Luke, Mara, Ben, some OCs
    Time Frame: Around ESB
    Genre: Drama
    Disclaimer: Lucas, I am not. See Lucas run. See Lucas write dialogue. Bad dialogue. Bad Lucas. Lucas, I am not.
    A/N: Thanks to LLL, now known as LLB for putting the thumbscrews to me to make me expand on Perspectives. Yeah, thanks a bunch. :rolleyes: ... :p

~*~*~*~

Leia Organa, the princess without a planet, sobbed silently. The air circulation unit hummed in the background, in mocking sympathy for her lost world. A caf machine bubbled and belched a melancholy dirge in placating parody of her anguish.

Words of condolence decayed to dust around her. Crazed faces stared maniacally; unhinged laughter haunted her ears.

Alone in her quarters, she was free to indulge in the luxury of sorrow, allowing her feelings to meander from one extreme to another. Leia doubted her closest comrades. She had watched Alderaan - her home, her heart, and her beloved parents - destroyed as the very stars themselves abandoned her.

Now the ghosts of the day sought her flesh, to make her shiver, to shout to the heavens of the injustices of icy, calculated murder perpetrated on them. Leia feared them; she feared her own complicity in their deaths. For was it not complicity that saw her stand by, stricken, as vile creatures destroyed so many lives in such a lackadaisical, almost easy way.

It was so simple for her to say she was prohibited from acting. Darth Vader was there, after all. Would the ghosts of those she condemned by her inaction agree though? The least she could have done would have been to die with her people, engaged in a futile attempt to prevent the Death Star from firing.

It was her choice to live. Her choice to save herself. Some choices, made in the heat of terrifying moments, return to gnaw away at us, consume us in regret and self loathing.

Now, Leia Organa, sat in burning silence. Fury devoured her, not just anger at herself, though. She hated the Alliance. They defended themselves when the Death Star came to Yavin. Oh they did more than just defend themselves; they won the day. The "brave" leaders had to survive to continue the sufferings of everyone in this pointless war.

They condemned Alderaan and its peaceful people, because they were peaceful. Alderaan would do nothing for the rebellion; the people could not engage in violence, and thus they were expendable. Outrage had to boil within the Empire before Palpatine could be overthrown.

Alderaan was sacrificed so the Alliance could gain.

Palpatine, the youth thought to herself. He's been the only voice of reason through all this. I can now see clearly that the Alliance leadership only want power for themselves. Palpatine only wants this violence to end. He's even willing to go far enough to give the Alliance what it wants, just to see who the galaxy will choose.

She lifted her head from her desk, wiping her eyes dry with a tissue. Why am I thinking like that? A wall of scraggly black hair fell into her face. She stood and approached the mirror, grabbing a brush.

Leia sniffled and looked at her red, teary eyes, blinking away the urge to cry again. They all practically trip over themselves to say how 'sorry' they are about Alderaan. They're too afraid to admit to themselves that they were too self centered to help when it really came down to it.

She scowled. I see it all so clearly now. I have to find a way to end this stupid war without hurting any more innocents. I see now that the Alliance may not be interested in such a path.

Her black hair was quickly smoothed under her attention and tied up into tight buns at the sides of her head. She cleaned her face as best she could to hide the redness; don't let them think she was crying, otherwise they'll simply whimper about Palpatine being the problem again. Now wasn't the time for blubbering, now was the time for action. Strong action. An

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh, lots of tantalising possibilities here - Luke and Bria, Leia and, um, Palpatine - gulp. ;)

Actually you make a good point about the potential self-loathing Leia could have indulged in. Survivor guilt can be q terrible thing.

Laughed at Han's comment about Leia's behaviour being due to the time of the month. Not a bad observation for a scoundrel. I feel sorry for Bria though.

The air circulation unit hummed in the background, in mocking sympathy for her lost world. A caf machine bubbled and belched a melancholy dirge in placating parody of her anguish.
    Great bit of comparison between the mundane and the unimaginable - an astute comment on how ordinary things carry on as usual around momentous events. You're quite the existentialist aren't you? ;)

3. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Leia is definitely not doing very well. I would take a minute to feel badly for her, but her tendency to "act like it always that time of the month" is affecting her logical centers.

On the other hand if she doesn't, we don't have a story!

Han should come off as wonderful to just let his wife go like that, but his cavalier attitude is going to get him in deeper trouble than he ever though possible.

Will Bria also give a problem to how well Luke deals with the bad stuff you have planned coming up?

Yikes!

Great start, and thanks for the pm!=D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Incredible start! :eek: Please put me on the PM list for this one.

=D=

5. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    great premise, can you add me to the pm list?

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Leia!!

:_| :_| :_| :_|

It's a pity her pain is keeping her from thinking straight...or at all.

Loved the bantering between Chewie and Han

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Mwahahahahhahahaa

Han and Bria!
    My dreams have been answered!
    You know, this just might be the pill to get me out of the Tahirian depression!

Bad LUKE! Are you trying to steal Han's girl?

Why that no good farmboy!

Everyone knows he belongs to Shira.
    You hear that Shira?! He belongs to you!

8. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Hi.

Exactly what is the "UPR"?

Lovely writing here! Especially in the first part about Leia.

*grips arms of chair and waits for more*

9. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    This is a very interesting story. I can see where Han is coming from because he always seemed to be worldly and very comfortable about his many lady friends. Very interesting that he is married though. Han always seemed to be the: "Lets shack up sweetheart." type to me early on. Can not see Luke even thinking about a relationship with another man's wife. Especially a friend that he care so much about. Please put me on your PM list!@};-

10. jayazekk18

jayazekk18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2006
    very good more

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Interesting. The imagery at the beginning was beautifully written, by the way.:)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo!!! Leia's introspections were beautiful in their poetry but very much verging on darkness. [face_worried] [face_worried]
    Han married to Bria. And Bria hot for Luke. And Han fascinated by Leia. [face_thinking]

Yuppers, I definitely gotta have PM's for this riveting thing--'cause it's already grabbed me and the "action" hasn't officially started yet, but the drama certainly has. [face_laugh] :) :)
    But, hey, if Mara is in this story, consider yourself gently begged, warned whatever, don't pair Luke with anyone else!! [face_laugh] [face_love]
    [face_love]

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    No. Bria does not have hots for Luke.
    It's um, well, it's uh. just midlife crisis or something.
    Seriously, H/B all the way!
    Luke is just a interloper.

My 'ships

Han and Bria
    Ben and Tahiri
    Luke and Shira
    and Nelani Dinn and Anakin Solo

'ships to be updated without notice.

14. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Her black hair was quickly smoothed under her attention and tied up into tight buns at the sides of her head. She cleaned her face as best she could to hide the redness; don't let them think she was crying, otherwise they'll simply whimper about Palpatine being the problem again. Now wasn't the time for blubbering, now was the time for action. Strong action. And anyone be damned if they got in her way.

Tee hee. That last line was the best one in the whole post. X)

you weren't lying about the Angst/Drama! Please keep me on the PM list. [face_mischief] I can tell this is going to be an entertaining journey.

15. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Great start1 I love Han and bria together. PM's please?

16. StarlightMichelle

StarlightMichelle Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2007
    You got some interesting ideas, I never would have thought of adding a lady who liked both Luke and Han. Your Leia is like nothing I've ever seen. Good job, better than EU books.

17. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    An intriguing idea. I'm surprised this sort of plot isn't explored more often. It was because of the Rebellion that Alderaan was destroyed, and considering some trains of Leia's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if she blamed the Alliance for it. I guess she realises it was a sacrifice for a worthy cause, but the cause might seem much less worthy when it's her home planet that gets blown. And in her grief (which seems to be driving her towards insanity in this story), she might not realise that while Alderaan may have been destroyed because of its connections to the Rebellion, it was the Empire that destroyed it ... the same Empire she wants to join (if that's her plan). At least I don't think she would be about to forgive Tarkin, if he wasn't already dead - how fortunate. In fact, it would make sense if she only blamed him, since as far as she knows, he's the one who gave the order.

Is Luke going to be dark too in this story? Because it's really sad when the twins are on opposing sides ...

I don't think I've ever read a story where Han has a wife at the time of ANH. I like the idea. And a former slave too ... He really has a habit of freeing slaves, doesn't he?

The kid was a good guy; Han doubted Luke could ever hurt a fly.

I wonder if that statement will come back to haunt him.

18. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    :eek: Leia - what are you doing? Please, add me to the PM list. And Luke...the possibilities are endless!

J_Ro

19. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    So Han is going to pass Luke his leftovers and go for the new 'girl'.

Maybe Bria will go to Dagobah to find the great Jedi warrior too.

Maybe she will leave them both for said great Jedi warrior.

Oops attack of the plot bunnies.

20. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Tahi posted: You're quite the existentialist aren't you? ;)

No! I deny that to the last breath in my body! *someone tells Brentus what 'existentialist" means*

Oh, well, I guess so. Just a bit. :Þ

Noelie posted: Will Bria also give a problem to how well Luke deals with the bad stuff you have planned coming up?

I don't know, hehe, we'll just have to wait and see.

VaderLVR64 posted: Incredible start!

Thank you very much Vadey!

pat_skywalker39 posted: great premise, can you add me to the pm list?

Thanks, and no problem!

KELIA posted: Poor Leia!!

Yeah, poor cute, innocent, vulnerable Leia. [face_devil]

DARTH_MU posted: Why that no good farmboy!

Yeah, let's get him! LOL!

LLB posted: Lovely writing here! Especially in the first part about Leia.

Thank you! I hope you'll like where this is going and hopefully there will be enough Palps in this for you. ;)

JEDIFLYSWATTER posted: Very interesting that he is married though. Han always seemed to be the: "Lets shack up sweetheart." type to me early on.

Yeah, me too. I was shocked when I looked up Bria's character on the official site and they said Han was heartbroken when she left him in EU, so I figured I would show him the grass isn't always greener on the other side, lol!

jayazekk18 posted: very good more

More is coming very soon, my eager friend. :)

Jaira posted: The imagery at the beginning was beautifully written, by the way.

Thank you very much, Jaira. It's always good when you stop by. [:D]

Jade_eyes posted: But, hey, if Mara is in this story, consider yourself gently begged, warned whatever, don't pair Luke with anyone else!!

*winces at Jade eyes shaking her fist at me*

:p Well, I think it's safe to say, Luke won't have much time due to what's coming, so no worries about him being paired up. :D

Meredith_Kenobi posted: That last line was the best one in the whole post. X)

I'm sure you liked that one. :Þ

SithGirl132 posted: Great start! I love Han and bria together.

Thank you, Sithgirl. I hope your name is well earned, cause there's some bumpy rides coming in this story, and Palpatine will be havning the time of his life. ;)

StarlightMichelle posted: I never would have thought of adding a lady who liked both Luke and Han.

Well thank you. I thought a little triangle might be a good thing, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying this.

MotionWright posted: Is Luke going to be dark too in this story? Because it's really sad when the twins are on opposing sides ...

[face_thinking] Well, if I tell, everyone might get kind of angry, lol. I think it's safe to say that Luke will be tempted by the Dark Side, but whether or not he'll give in, [face_not_talking] I can't say.

I wonder if that statement will come back to haunt him.

Hmm, could be. :D

Jaded_Rose posted: Leia - what are you doing?

What indeed? [face_devil] Making the best decision in her life, perhaps? :Þ Glad to have you along for the read!

Lea-El posted: Maybe she will leave them both for said great Jedi warrior.

LOL! Not likely. I don't think she's his type. :p

An update coming soon!

PM list: LLL, Tahi, Noelie, VaderLVR64, Meredith Kenobi, pat_skywalker39, JEDIFLYSWATTER, Jade_eyes, SithGirl132 & Jaded_Rose If anyone wants on or off the list, please let me know. Thank you all for reading!

21. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I like how you set up the relationships, and Han's veiw of the world is interesting.

Wonderful beggining. PM's, please. :)

22. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks very much, sis! :)

Update time!

[b]Chapter 2:[/b] Aspects of Change

Luke Skywalker concentrated on the Force. Blood flowed freely through his legs though they were folded up beneath him. Such a position usually left him numb, but, listening to the blue ghost of Ben, he was able to prevent the uncomfortable feeling.

He cracked an eye open to gaze upon his mentor. Ben was responsible for everything Luke was now. He never even considered that he could make such a difference before. He just wanted to be an anonymous pilot in the vast Alliance. He didn't care if he did anything major, he only wanted the Empire gone.

Now, however, he saw a destiny awaiting him that was far more frightening than he ever wanted or dreamed possible. He was so far away from anything he knew; Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were now distant in all but his thoughts.

Responsibility tugged at his tunic, threatening to drag him under. Why did they look to him all of a sudden? He was much happier without all the attention.

"What is it, Luke?" The comforting voice of Ben tore him away from his increasingly disturbed thoughts.

"Yeah, what gives? You're sending ripples into my space."

Luke looked over to the girl who spoke. Brash, angry and free-willed, Mara Jade only recently came to the Alliance. Most didn't trust her, for she came from Palpatine's throne, but Luke fought her to stand still, and then, rather than continuing, he talked with her.

What she told him would shock most. She dreamt only of killing the Emperor and breaking his hold over her. She confided in him how she wept at night and prayed for her own death to be released from the agonizing grasp of Sidious.

Luke and Ben showed her the way to break Palpatine's grip and give her anger over to the Force. It was a constant struggle to not lose her to her anger, but everyday a little progress was made.

Now, however, she eyed him through tiny slits and a scowl.

Luke was about to mumble an apology when something pleasant drew his attention away from the others. A friendly, familiar presence caused the blood to rush to his face and a smile he could not extinguish grew on his lips.

Bria Tharen-Solo was near.

He knew it was wrong to feel so warm and giddy when a married woman came near, but he couldn't help himself.

Luke quickly bounded to his feet, then careened shoulder first into the wall when it became apparent that his distractions during meditation had in fact caused his right leg to go numb.

He heard Ben groan and Mara chuckle.

Bria, however, reached out and touched his now aching shoulder. She placed her hand in his and pulled him up. Her touch was electric and quite enthralling. He didn't want to let go, nor did he ever intend to stop looking into her verdant eyes.

"Luke?" Her voice was like a welcome respite from a sea of noiseless emptiness. It was the only sound he dreamed of hearing resonate through the duracrete vacuum that was this temporary base in the middle of nowhere on a miserably hot planet in the hind end of space.

[i]Wait a minute,[/i] a quick thought punctured Luke's mind. [i]We're not on a hot planet? This is Hoth.[/i]

Bria's hand touched his face. She brought a delicate handkerchief up to his moist brow. "Luke, why are you sweating?" An arched eyebrow and lips puckered in a question stared back at him.

"He's a farmboy," Mara spoke up in the background. "Girls make him nervous. He's used to vaporators and other mundane objects."

Ben cleared his throat. "Yes, well, I think Luke could use a few moments alone, Mara."

"Whatever you say, pops," Mara said dryly before rising and exiting.

"Why is Mara talking to no one?" Bria, who wasn't Force sensitive, didn't know Ben Kenobi was there.

"She's insane," Luke answered lightly without thinking, mezmerized by the twinkling lights that sparkled from her eyes.

Bria shifted at the reponse >

23. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Poor Mara.. . I think most us would be crackers short of cheese if Palpatine had gotten his hands on us to raise us as his "hand".

I loved that part of the episode.. the discussion between her and Luke.

24. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Well. Mara's certainly getting the short end of the stick here! I don't even like Bria to begin with...:mad:

Oh well. :p At least she didn't ruin Han and Luke's friendship!

J_Ro

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting how Mara wants to break free of Sidious' influence at this stage. :cool:
    The scene with Bria and Luke and Mara, then with Bria, Luke and Han--sweet and funny all at once. I hope they can all stay friends. You got Luke's charming innocence so well that I'm =P~
    I always get all gooey when that side of him shows up.
    Though I also love the Master!Jedi side, also. ;)

Thanks for the PM and looking totally forward to more!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.