main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Indian Jones Thread (starring Harrington Fode) (Now Discussing The Dale of Density)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 27, 2015.

1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    After watching the outtakes and deleted scenes I now feel compelled to watch Raiders again.

christophero30 likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm calling BS on that. Chris Pratt is going turning 42 this year, as old as Ford was in Temple of Doom. Let's assume Indiana Jones 5 actually hits its July 2022 release date, and they fast track a reboot/prequel for release within... let's say three years, for a 2025 release. By that point Pratt will only be a year younger than Ford was in Last Crusade.

Long way of saying he's too old to play a young Indy, and he's not getting any younger. This rumor had some believability to it back when it first gained traction in 2015, when Pratt was coming hot off of Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World, but that was over half a decade ago.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Pretty much everyone involved with the series has said repeatedly only Ford is Indy. They had their chance to have Mutt pick up the hat and start up a new franchise, he didn't, Indy took it. Only one Indy dammit. (I think in one of the KoCS drafts Mutt actually put the hat on but thankfully someone decided to not have that happen)

Luke02 likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Actually @BigAl6ft6 Pratt playing Indy could work because he be the perfect age to play him during the WWII years. The movies left a huge gap between Last Crusade (1938) and Kingdom of Skulls (1957) therefore they could use him to cover Indy during the war which again where he truly belongs, punching out Nazis.

That all said? Don't see it happening. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    christophero30, PCCViking and Sarge like this.
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    My guess is they do one more with Ford and then Disney will sit on the property for a decade and then reboot it.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry River Phoenix, Sean Patrick Flanery, Corey Carrier, and George Hall. you've been canc-Al-ed.

Sarge, Diggy and solojones like this.
  8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah the "only Ford is Indy" comments have always been super confusing to me.

That being said, they absolutely should NOT recast a Ford era Indy. If they wanted to do some big screen versions of young Indy, I'd be down for that though.

BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I honestly don’t even care anymore. Bring Ford back or recast him... whatever. This franchise has reached almost Avatar-level annoyance for me. These films aren’t complicated. It shouldn’t take two centuries to figure them out and release them.

Dagobahsystem and Ghost like this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hope they're giving at least as much thought to how to make Indiana Jones 5 an exciting adventure, and better than 4...

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Indiana Jones was conceived because they couldn't get the Bond license. They should at least honour that Bond movie legacy that inspired them, and never recast.

12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I’m all in for animated films. I no longer have a desire to see old Ford or someone else groomed for the role.

Spend some serious bucks on the best animation possible and have Ford do the voice or as perhaps the narrator telling the story of an adventure from his youth.

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Oh man, this could really be something special. Wolfenstein: The New Order was one of the best games of the '10's.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    SOOOO HYPED.

jp-30 likes this.
  15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000

Juliet316 and vin like this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    if they could afford Ford for Lego Star Wars for sure they'd get him for an Indiana Jones game.

christophero30 likes this.
  17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Wasn't it just movie samples of Han Solo he 'contributed'? He's never done an Indy game voice before, and wondering about the extent of his involvement as Han Solo...?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I wonder how many jokes about Indiana Jones saying he wish he could just punch Nazis again will be in the new movie :p

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah these were just clips from the film. I highly doubt Ford will do the game. He hasn't ever even recorded the like ten lines for the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland :(

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Nazis never went away, as is painfully obvious in these times.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/new-indiana-jones-rumor-reasserts-chris-pratts-reboot-involvement/

@vin

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021
  21. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I don't remember Wookie Cookies being in TFA so that was new Ford voice work for Lego TFA.:D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    In that vein, the worst Deepfake you've ever seen:

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Derpfake.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge Joins ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Cast With Harrison Ford

VadersLaMent and PymParticles like this.