main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Indian Jones Thread (starring Harrington Fode) (Now Discussing The Dale of Density)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jan 27, 2015.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I demand people spell it Indian Jones while posting in this thread.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I didn't mean copy the show, just the premise of Indy as a younger man but still fitting in with the existing movies.
    Then Harrison Ford could still appear sometime, as he did in the TV show.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I do not see it. Chris often plays the goof ball and well that disco dance moment in GoTG ruined my seeing him as any kind of quasi-serious character.

If he becomes Indy, it won't be the first time I pass on seeing it. For me, I only need one film for this character and that's Raiders.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Which Star Wars films have you refused to watch?

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

That is called acting. We'll see if he can break away from goof ballness, (which works perfectly in Park&Rec and GotG) in Jurassic World. I'm hoping for it.

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I've seen all of them and all of the Indy's but in my mind there is only 1 Indy movie for me and I can happily leave it at that.

7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Thank you for telling me what I already know. I still do not think he's Indy material. Not that I'll bother seeing if he is. I am happily content with the fact that I think GoTG was absolutely awful. It was exactly like the Avengers which I promptly forgot and still cannot watch despite my love for Cap and Thor.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i still say Bradley Cooper is the closest thing i can think to Harrison Ford at the moment.

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So what did you mean by "If he becomes Indy, it won't be the first time I pass on seeing it"?

Ender Sai likes this.
  10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    ITT Indiana Jones isn't a goofball.

11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I did not see Crystal Skull in the theatre nor have I watched Young Indy. I am sorry I saw crystal skull at all.

and now I see Pratt is playing someone called Indian Jones. Well he can play that person just fine. :p I have nothing against Chris per say, I just am not a fan of the characters he's played and because of Guardians unfathomable popularity people are throwing him into every geek role. Whatever... like I said I elsewhere I can get very cranky about these things and then roll away. If he is Indy, I'll skip as Raiders is all I need.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So, you lied about not seeing certain Indian Jones films to try and sound... coolly nonchalant?

Worked a treat.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    To be fair, he didn't say he passed on seeing it for the first time.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    What did he say then, I'm still completely baffled by the point he is trying to make?

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sounds like he doesn't like Guardians of the Galaxy so he doesn't like the idea of Pratt playing Indy. Which is really ok, I like that movie enough for the both of us... hell, for everyone on these boards. Whether Pratt makes a good Indy, I will find out if he does become him.

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    He's not making a point. I was merely playing devils advocate in saying the he didn't say he hadn't seen the films, merely that he 'passed' on them. He could have passed on them when someone said 'do you fancy watching Temple of Doom even though you've seen it five times this week already?'

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000

Sarge likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    halibut has it right.

If you still do not understand that, whatever.

Whatever happens now, I'll pass.

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    :eek: Wo--wow. I did not see that coming. I always got the impression (just reading between the lines really) that Spielberg directed KOTCS more out of obligation to Ford and Lucas than any real desire to do another one (It probably didn't help that he wasn't crazy about the McGuffin). So with Lucas seemingly out of the picture, I figured Spielberg was done with Indy as well. So the idea that he would be interested in doing another--without Harrison Ford--is a little surprising.

Of course that article is a lot of "Word from Spielberg's camp" sort of thing, so we'll see. But if it's true, wow.

I think Indy without Ford could be a tricky sell (I know some have compared it to Connery leaving as Bond, but I think it's...maybe not apples and oranges, but certainly different types of apples), but with Spielberg behind the camera for at least the first one, it could help to ease that transition. And if Ford were to give his blessing to Pratt (or whoever) it would help as well.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Good.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This title never fails to make me laugh.

24. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
  25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah. But what can you do.

tom, harpua, jp-30 and 1 other person like this.