main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Christmas Dinner Get Together

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by liannb, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    THey don't take reservations for anything but the private dinning room.

I was hoping for a non American chain. I was thinking something a little more upscale, less the exact same food. But then again, we're going to hang out.
    The food was good at Red Robin, the service sucked great big sucky things but that was only the one time, I've only been the once. :p Meh to Olive Garden, hate Moxie's, kind of liked Kelsey's, Chili's, we'll there's always the margaritas, it's hard to screw up TexMex. What does everyone else think?

I was thinking The Creperie but I don't think anyone else will go for it, I'm always looking for an excuse to go to The Creperie. :) The Lingyan? Bonanza? (that one was a joke :p) I'll keep thinking.

2. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I agree for perhaps something a little more upscale but not stupid expensive.

We gotta remember when choosing that we have fussy boys in our midst. Shhh, I think they might listening though. :p

3. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i agree something a little bit upscale would be nice but not tooo expensive um but i can't think of anything :p what about the keg? they take reservations

4. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Kegs good, can't go wrong with prime rib, even the boys should eat it. :p I e-mailed Faye, they go out for lunch a lot, her response:

Kelsey on 104 and 116 is a good suggestion, it's nice with pretty good food.
    And the Moxie's on 137 ave and St Albert trail in the movie complex is like the Kelseys on 104th nice, not like the one at Kingsway.
    Asked Joe who lives downtown for his suggestion. Which were the Copper Pot, Gabbanna and Louisiana Purchase. Louisiana Purchase isn't elegant, I have only walked by Gabbanna and it doesn't look great from the outside. Copper Pot I haven't been to but it does sound like a maybe.
    Maybe LaRound, Laserio (very loud), Creperie, Japanese Village would be OK.
    We've seen that Makio place on 104 but I have never been.
    There was one on 100 ave that was recommended but I don't know the name I can't ask Ilana until Monday.
    Faye

5. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Japanese village is fun

6. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    LOVE Japanese Village!

7. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    I don't wanna hit Japanese Village unless they have some kinda western food. Sorry to rain on the Japanese Village parade.

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Here's their menu for the grill. its pretty much you pick what you want and they cook it in front of you, i don't really think of it as japanese food really

edit: click on the guys head with the red hat to get the grill menu

9. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Um, I dunno guys, I'm not liking it any better unless I missed something on the web site. I know my fussy brother isn't gonna eat anything there and I'm probably gonna be the same. If we can't find and/or agree on anything else. Jarrett and I'll get pizza when we go home. I'm sorry to be such a pain, but that's my input. It does look fun though.

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    no we can go somewhere else

11. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    crepery???

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Heres the creperies menu

13. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    I don't want to be a pain either, but I agree with you.

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    well what appeals to you Jarret? just red robin or anything else?

15. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Red Robin I liked the time I went, Kelsey I have been to a few times and it has been ok. Basically from a restraunt I like pizza, chicken strips (I think it runs in the family :p ). I like steaks, though most places just have little puny ones. ;(

I just want to say I don't trust Chinese or Japanese restraunts in Edmonton. You never knwo if you are eating coyote, or cat, or wahtever.

16. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    That was one restaurant and not one any of us would be caught dead in in the first place. :rolleyes:

17. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    THis might aid us. I tried looking through it tonight but I powered out before I got very far. Will try again tomorrow. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    why don't we jsut go with the keg unless anyone objects, we really need to book this right away its only in two weeks. kegs menu should appeal to everyone i would think and its kinda dressy and we can reserve. any objections?

19. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    Keg should be good.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Whattabout Montana's? It's a steak-house. I've heard good thing's about it however.

21. SHAAK_GG

Jun 29, 2005
    I was too Montana's once, and it was pretty good. I have never been to the Keg though, so I can't compare.

22. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Keg sounds good. Montana's is good but I think I heard someone in the group saying they didn't like it, can't remember who. It's not very dressy uppy but good food.

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i have a feeling we wouldn't be ablet to make a reservation there

24. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. here's the deal, the cow at the Keg has informed me in the most condicending terms possible that they don't take reservations on Friday and Saturdays. So I told her where to go and got us a table at the Sawmill.
    It's at the Oliver Square location for Friday the 8th at 6:30 pm, under Edmonton FanForce.

Anyone objects, feel free to call around and find somewhere else, apparently the "industry" doesn't like thier customers to call ahead or give them warning when a large group is going to decend on them anymore. I blame the American chains, they've made it so people actually expect to be treated like cattle. :rolleyes:

25. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Awww, that sucks, but the Sawmill is good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.