main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Christmas/Holiday Party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I know that we haven't even started planning our October meeting yet. But I know how things get for the holidays. Crazy. So Kieron and I thought that we would bring this up a little early.

We have the perfect place to hold a Star Wars Christmas party for a small group like ours:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000333.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000334.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000335.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000337.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000338.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/House/P1000340.jpg]

So if people have dates that they think would work, let us know. We could do like a pot luck type of thing. What we've done for JKOC/OSWCC party in the past is a gift exchange. Like a $5 or $10 gift. Just thoughts...

2. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    I'm in. Count on me there. Sound and looks like fun.

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Are you thinking about a weekend or weeknight for this?

And am I right that we're holding this at Rancho Obi-Wan? ;)

4. Commander_Lowe

Commander_Lowe Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2006
    I'll try....don't forget, guys! I'm the youngest out of all of us!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Looks like a cool place you have. I will do my best to make it. :)

6. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Very nice setup there. With work and travelling around that time I hope I can make it.

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yes. It will be at our house.
    And, being at a private residence we will have to limit the invitation to those people that Kieron and I have already met and know.

8. Darth-Shul

Darth-Shul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    Cheri and I would love to come. Great room!!

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Cool room you definitely have a nice display going on there. Definitely one of the top rooms I have seen in a SW design.

BTW I used to live in West Central OH and went to school at Bowling Green State University for a few yrs before moving to MN and then to my current residence MA. I try to keep up on what is going on back home and will probably be looking at your groups postings from time to time. My best friend lives in Toledo really close to Lake Erie so I go there when I am back in OH.

Enough of the introduction. lol Very nice room it looks like a great place to have a lil holiday party.

J

10. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks for the compiments folks. :)
    I believe we are thinking of likely a Saturday night as we expect some people from the Cleveland area as well. Nothing for sure yet, but we're thinking Dec. 2 or 9.

Someone in Rebel Legion recently had a get-together and had the pleasure of having one of their lightsabers stolen right off their wall. [face_plain] That's why its only people we know already...as I recall, we've met all of you a number of times already so things should be cool with this group.

Hello chewykingwookie. Its a small group in these parts that doesn't always talk alot but we do make an effort to get together every couple of months. It works pretty well. :)

11. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Ok that cool. If I can came that great if there not alot of room I understand and will be fine with that too. That stinks that its hard to trust people whom you invite and then have to worry about stealing.

12. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    That is crazy that people would steal from one another. We haven't had the problem yet with our meets for Foxboro, MA. Granted we usually have 3 to 4 people attend and 2 of the people live together. lol

13. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    I'd be interested, thought December is always ridiculous. Awesome looking room by the way. The folks who came to the cookout were all kind enough to not liberate any of my Star Wars stuff which was quite nice, of course I don't have anything still mint in packaging or MOC or whatever, so maybe they just knew my stuff wasn't worth much on ebay. Just kidding. Anyway, I'll try and make it, and I imagine my wife will look at me like I'm an idiot and opt out.

14. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    You forgot to tell them your secret weapon. Kids! Your son was enjoyable to have around. He fit in with the rest of really while.

15. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Wow, that really does suck that someone would steal something after being invited into another persons home.

Let us know when you get a concrete date decided. It sounds like a good time and perhaps a great opportunity to meet some of the folks from Cleveland (that Krash guy who's always dodging me comes to mind ;)).

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, we realize December is busy for most. No matter what day is picked some people won't be able to make it. ;)

And yes Tobey-wan, Krash has made some noise about coming...

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Dodging? Oh...it's on! O:)

18. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002

Dodging? Oh...it's on! O:)

In that case its BYOLS!
    (Bring Your Own LightSaber!)

We won't have anybody cracking heads with ours :p

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    We've decided on a date. Saturday December 9th.
    It will be potluck.
    And rather than doing a gift exchange, someone in the Rebel Legion group had a good idea with bring a Toy for Tots instead.

So when you know that you will be able to come (rather than think you're able to come), put you name down (cut and paste) with what you will bring.

Kim and Kieron--will provide a house

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry. Due to family committment, have to change the date to Dec 2nd.

21. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Bummer, I can't make Dec. 2nd, I will be hosting my work Christmas Party that night. Hope you guys have a great time.

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry you won't be able to make it. But I hope your party goes well. :D

23. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I will be there. I'll bring cream cheese bars if that's agreeable. :D

Krash, it's all on you now. ;)

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sounds good to me! :D

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Okay, time to get serious now. Some of you indicated you wanted to come at our last meeting, so let's start getting some names and committment here. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.