main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Christmas/ New Years Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SOLORULES, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    look when ever you feel old, just look at the massive amount of wringles on riff face and say this to your self "I may be older than him, but I don't show it. Sorry Riff but you might need to visit John Carey's basement. I hear he takes something for his..." And that will simply brighten your day :)

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, whatever. :) I KNOW that isnt true, considering I still often get carded when I buy a pack of smokes. And not one of the folks at the cash register has come close to guessing my age.... the closest has been 9 years under my age. :D So, keep on, Kazuma. You'll get yours, mr. my back is out. ;)

3. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    We'll see if you got the testicular fortitude left after your evening rendevous with mordtat. I understand that he must be draining to you, he is rather tall.... well, if you bring your old tail on the 18th at 8, yep i said it agin for you eight pm or later just trying to get it started early.

If any of you can't make it till 10 or so thats kewl :)

rember riff 8
    that eight
    that the number after 7
    but before 9
    that is a whole number
    and a rational number
    and it is a posotive number
    in case you were wondering agin its 8

4. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Remind me to crack you in the head one extra time as I am running past you with your flag. ;)

5. HawthorSolarian

HawthorSolarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    i'll be there i have a few new stratagems i've been cooking up mwa ha ha.............................ok

6. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    kewl hawthor :) I would talk more old people junk, but I don't want to make eddie feel worse. Think about this eddie, more years means more experiance and you get better with age like wine, unless your riff then you just get more bitter like vinegar :p

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    LOL!!! Oh, hello Riff. Uh, no Kazuma that was just wrong! ;)

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Like I said, when he moves out from under his parents wing, and gets some real responsibilities, I will pay a bit more attention to what he says.... until then.... :D

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Responsibilities. Ugh, so THATS why I feel so old.

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, it'll do it to ya. :(

11. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Just because you are very old Riff doesn't mean you are more responsible than the rest of us... if I remember correctly you were to one who "fell asleep" in dangerous circumstances... just a reminder for the senile...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

12. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    thanks for the backup there lodreh, you spoke my mind for me. and that was gutsy with how sick and twisted it is :p

13. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Riff wrote: Come back and talk to me when you have some real responsibility like kids and bills and such, and arent living at home with mama. Until then, I'm not paying much attention.

Yeah Kazuma! Everyone knows you can't be considered a responsible adult until you've had kids. And the only way to become a worthwhile member of society is to do the 1950's nuclear family thing.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Folks can say and think what they want. Kids are probably THE biggest responsibility that one can have. Period. I look back to when I didnt have kids, and I THOUGHT I knew what responsibility was, but I was dead wrong. Not sure what that last comment was supposed to imply, btw.

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Ditto what Riff said. The only thing I can think of thats comparable to having children is being the caregiver for a sick/elderly parent/grandparent or sibbling. My Uncle had cerebral palsy and my Daddy basically took care of him until Gene died.

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    One day these guys will understand, Eddie-wan. They may say otherwise, but if they do ever have kids, they will think... "wow, Eddie-wan and Riff were sooooo right...!!"

I promise you. ;)

17. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Riff being right is not the crux of this predicament... what you are saying is if said persons never have children, then in your eyes they will never have responsibility... just because we do not have children does not invalidate our responsibility of work and family.

Why do you think I don't have children? It is not for a lack of opportunity, I assure you. Hell I'd think it would be more irresponsible for me to knock up a woman just to have a kid. I know that family responsibilities are very important if not the most important obligations we have... however saying that someone "can not" know anything about responsibility without having a child is ludicrous and very early Sol era thinking.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

18. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    It was intended to imply that the quoted comment was one of the most arrogant and offensive things I've ever heard you say.

Yes kids are probably the biggest responsibility that one can have. But just because it took actually having them to make you realize that doesn't mean that the rest of use haven't already figured it out.

By your statement, you're saying that the opinion of anyone who hasn't chosen to lead the life you chose has no value. As someone who hasn't taken that path, I take umbrage to that.

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Also add business owners who actually have morals and care for their employees to my list. They not only have to be concerned for their own well-being, but also their employees and their families. Of course, like being a parent, thats a responsibility one chooses to take on. Lodreh, I agree its more irresponsible to have kids just to have them. Trust me, I see those results everyday here at work and it sickens me. The term "my baby's daddy" is all to common nowadays. I won't speak for Riff, but I don't think he meant to offend anyone or mean to imply that anyone's life is pointless unless they have kids.

And Lodreh, "early Sol era thinking." LOL!!!

20. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Me know plenty of folks with kids who are definitely NOT responsible...

21. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Eddie-wans right. I wasnt trying to say that, at all. I was firing a shot back at Kazuma, because the old comments are getting, well.... old. It is possible to drag a joke to death. I was only teasing him, and it was only directed at him. However, I would have figured you guys would have known me better than to assume I would put you all down in a manner like that. We may all have our disagreements about certain discussions, but unless it gets insane, then I have always felt that is extremely healthy. As such, I have always looked at you folks as my peers and equals, and friends. I may have my faults, but I wouldnt hit any of you with an assumptive shot like that. It bothers me a little that you might think I would.

It probably doesnt help my demeanor when I read these, considering the absolute crappy day I had, yesterday. I was wondering when the crap would stop getting thrown onto me, and things would let up. They say bad things come in threes, and I got three solid ones yesterday. Then I got no rest, last night, and get up this morning just waiting to see what else could happen, and saw this, and immediately started thinking, "Here we go again, day two."

I dont get on anyones case too hard about the old comments, or the continous picking about the "passing out" incident, that REALLY gets under my skin now, because I am frankly sick of hearing about it, so I suppose I made a mistake and assumed what I said wouldnt be taken in such a manner, either. I apologize for stepping on anyones coattails.

22. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    then i'll leave the old jokes alone :p so when were you going to impress me agian on H2, i just beat it on legendary have you yet?

23. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    OK... Though, with hindsight, they're not very good (written at a veeerrrryyy depressing time - even more so than now!), here are a couple of "holiday-esque" poems I wrote a few years back, which appeared on my 1st web site the "Think" site...

"Frost-Free The Snowman" (to the tune of "Frosty The Snowman")

Frost-Free the Snowman was a statue made of sand.
    He's not made of snow, just so you will know,
    He's from Arizona land.

Frost-Free the Snowman wasn't ever really planned.
    He just came to life when you put a knife
    Or a six-pack in his hand.

There must have been some madness in
    That old Colt 45,
    For when they poured some on his head,
    That sand statue came alive!

"I'll screw the village," with an insane voice he laughed.
    He just grabbed two folks, and he went to choke
    Everything that's in his path.

He dragged them down the streets of town, right to a traffic cop.
    He only paused a moment when he heard a gun go "pop"!

Pieces of sand were
    Flying everywhere you looked
    And the two he caught, both alive to walk,
    Didn't linger, they just booked!
    Thumpity thump thump
    Thumpity thump thump
    Look at Frost-Free die!
    Thumpity thump thump
    Thumpity thump thump
    Can't even wave good-bye!

--- By "St. Sick"

and....

"Valentine's Green"

In mid-February lies "V"-Day,
    An illusion of flowers and sweets.
    The purpose is to get you to pay,
    Buy your "lover" some chocolates and treats.

But you can't buy love, no matter the cost,
    With roses and trinkets and lockets.
    On Valentine's with its frills and its cards,
    You only load other folks' pockets.

Pink and red are for passion,
    Like the card you gave to your honey.
    But the true meaning of this holiday
    Is to separate you from your money.

---- By "Stupid" umm... "Cupid"

24. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Joe walking the dark path. Whats up Wampa freind?

25. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Sleep deprivation, I guess.... and etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.