main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Christmas Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey everybody,

Looking ahead a couple of months, I'm thinking it would be really nice for us to all get together and have a Christmas party. I'd also like for us to do a toy drive for Toys for Tots. I know many of us (like myself) buy toys for ourselves all year round, and I always think it's kinda nice to give a little something back at the end of the year. I personally thought the party room at the Bellevue Shoneys was great. Does anybody else have any suggestions where we could have our Christmas party? I think either the weekend of the 7-8 or the 14-15 would be good.

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Mike- I just thought of something... what about a party room at Jillian's or something like that? It may be costly, though... just a suggestion! Or, maybe we can see about a discount of some sort if we make it clear that people will be donating to toys for tots or perhaps a local kids charity..

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm cool with whatever you guys wanna do.

Since we're on the subject of Christmas festivities I should make a note of some things that us local costumers are planning:

1) To march in the Nashville Christmas parade.
    2) To visit the kids at Vanderbilt hospital, ossibly right after the parade, so that the kids can watch us on TV and then see us in person. This would be a great way to give some toys away.

EDIT: Does anyone have any info (preferably a website or something) on the Nashville Christmas parade? I can't seem to find anything at all.

4. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Sante Fe Steakhouse on Sidco Drive has a really great party room with a big screen TV.

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Skip and I were discussing the possibility of having a Christmas party the Sunday of the Hendersonville parade since we'll already have a group of people together. The parade starts at 2:00, so by the time it is over and everybody gets out of their gear it would be around 4:00-5:00, which would be just right for us to meet up at Shoney's which I understand is nearby.

I also saw where Shoney's is a Toys for Tots drop-off location, so that works out well too. Anybody who wants to donate can just bring a toy with them.

Skip, can you look into reserving the party room at the Shoney's for that evening? I would guess we'll have around 25 people there depending on how many are going to be in the parade.

6. Qui-Gonn_Jeff

Qui-Gonn_Jeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Shoney's sounds good to me.
    My wife, Susanne, said she would do a SW themed Christmas cake for our gathering after the parade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.