main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Christmas

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't know what we should do for Christmas and I didn't really think about it until Jay texted me today, but I think it's too late for us to try to get together during this busy holiday season since it's likely everyone is booked right up until the New Year, and personally, if I'm not going to be working over the next month I'll either be resting from work, or Xmas shopping (or celebrating the actual holiday), so I was thinking instead of trying to get together now we all just keep each other in mind over the holidays by making a charitable donation to a worthwhile cause of your choice on behalf of your friends in the fanforce. I think a gift of that nature has far more meaning in these tough economic times as fewer people will be making charitable contributions over the holidays. These donations can take whatever form you choose and have whatever monetary value you can spare, even if it's just your time in a soup kitchen, or helping out the Salvation Army, or donating all of your old winter clothes to a shelter (or contributing to an animal shelter for our furry friends).

So, if you think this is a good idea in place of actually getting to visit each other over the holidays and exchanging gifts then let me know, but if you think there's a chance we can work out a way to meet up during this holiday season then let me know. If not, then that's alright, because there's always the new year and a lot of chances to get together with old friends in '09. Not to mention the toy and comic show later this winter, which I have big plans for. :)

Now feel free to discuss my idea or feel free to bring up any ideas of your own, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey I'm trying to do the same thing over at the Rebel legion. I dfon't know if it's possible to meet up for sups pr stuff but maybe people could pop by here if they wanted we could chat or such.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sorry Jay did you mean just pop by your place like arrange a time, or do you mean stop in at the RL event? Just want to clarify.

4. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I meant we coukld possibly have ff people over , I'm doing a similar trying to get people out type event on the rl boards but there seems to be little feedback. Understandable this time of year

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, in hindsight maybe if we'd mentioned something back in October people could have scheduled something in, but most people are busy every weeknight if not every night this time of year.

6. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    So I got Clone Wars Monopoly :)

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sweet. So do you know when you're having this get-together? I suddenly find myself with free time over the holidays ;)

8. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    If anyone is interested... I'm having a get together at my place this Sunday (Dec 21) at 3 pm :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.