main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chuck: Series Ends Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight:

8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-DLV

Chuck

"Melinda Clarke guests as the Black Widow. So, basically her O.C. character?"

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    You know i was wondering if this show had a thread.

This is by far hands down my favorite show on tv right now. It's got everything, comedy, romance, action and enough Pop-culture references to make a drinking game out of.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I've just watched the pilot episode. I'd never heard of this series until this thread was made.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I'll enjoy seeing how it goes, and how they get around the massive potential plothole of the fact that Chuck will only have knowledge of things up until he received the email. Anything planned after then will still be unknown to him

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    SPOILERS for monday's episode, "Chuck Versus the Break-Up":

Well, they got around the show's main plothole. It was fairly predictable what was going to happen, but I'm glad they did it.

I was really not excited to see Bryce back, but his "I'm looking out for you line" was good -- he's trying to keep Chuck alive by keeping him relevant (anyone think it was him who sabotaged the new intersect on Chuck's behalf?).

The angst in Chuck and Sarah's relationship is beginning to feel same-old. They need to do something about that.

Still one of the best shows on television and my favorite guilty pleasure of the moment.

5. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I had the same thoughts about Bryce and the trojan horse. I immediately thought that Bryce is a double agent. I also liked that they updated Chuck.

Best part of the episode, imo, was Anna's fight against Strahan. Casey's phone call was spot on. [face_laugh]

The angst in the relationship isn't going away until the two consummate their relationship. It's like Friends-redux. Ross and Rachel were only able to move past each other once they had a relationship and it crashed and burned. I think a similar play out needs to happen between Chuck and Sarah.

6. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I like Bryce. I don't like what he does to Chuck and Sarah's relationship but i do think Bryce is looking out for Chuck's best interests. This push-pull relationship between Chuck and Sarah is getting a little old, but i'm hoping they do something with it soon.

I would love a storyline with like Morgan finding out about Chuck being the intersect but not being able to tell anyone. I don't see Morgan as the type to keep a secret. Plus lets get a customer with a crush on Casey, like some teenager who stalks him.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-LV

Chuck

"Ã? la Lindsay Lohan on Ugly Betty, Nicole Richie guest-stars as Sarah's high school nemesis. When did the teen-years enemy become the must cameo? Probably when a day of cameo work started paying more than I make all year."

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Decent episode. Would've been better if Nicole Richie weren't hideous. Seriously: straw-haired, brace-faced Yvonne Strahovski was infinitely more attractive. If you're going to bring in the high-school cheerleader nemesis, at least make her attractive.

Chuck's mad dog sneer was pretty awesome, though.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-DV

Chuck

"Wondering where the heck Arrested Development's Tony Hale has been? Wonder no more! (He's an efficiency expert tonight.)"

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-DV

Chuck

"Chuck runs into an ex but wonders if she might be involved with developing a bioweapon. I have a similar hobby: I try to convince myself that all my exes are in league with Satan."

11. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    When did Jordana Brewster get so hot? I used to be thoroughly unimpressed by her. Then again, Rachel Bilson normally does nothing for me but she was hot on Chuck, too.

"Maybe we can propagate the antiviral through saliva!"

12. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Yes, Jordana Brewster was teh hawtness in the episode. Chuck just has that effect on women. Perhaps it's the lighting.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    Chuck Versus the Fat Lady
    Airs: Monday November 17, 2008

"The team has to face a hostage situation at the Museum of Natural History."

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    From EW: 'Chuck' Exclusive: Helfer in! Strahovski out?

Nov 21, 2008, 01:07 PM | by Michael Ausiello

"Another week, another genius piece of Chuck casting?

Piping hot Battlestar Galactica toaster Tricia Helfer has been cast on Chuck as Special Agent Alex Forrest, a by-the-book ass-kicker and -- here's where things get a little frakked up -- a potential replacement for Yvonne Strahovski's Sarah.

Relax, I said potential replacement.

Here's the deal: According to my Chuck mole, General Beckman -- who has been growing increasingly concerned about Chuck and Sarah's intensifying bond -- considers bringing in a new G-woman to work alongside Chuck. Enter Agent Forrest, who shows no fear, no remorse and, much to Agent Casey's delight, is very easy on the eyes.

But Helfer isn't moving in on Strahovski's turf permanently, is she? Actually?no, she's not. Helfer's only booked for one episode (No. 18), and Strahovski's got, well, an ironclad six-year contract.

Speaking of Chuck (a.k.a. the most consistently entertaining hour on NBC's air, IMHO), here are two bonus casting scoops free of charge:

? Jonathan Cake (Six Degrees) is coming on board for a multi-episode arc as a Gerard Butler-esqe British MI6 agent by the name of Cole Barker. The rugged, macho spy catches Sarah's eye and makes Chuck feel even geekier than usual.

? Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover girl Brooklyn Decker will guest star in episode 15 when Jeff and Lester take over the hiring process at Buy More and begin recruiting potential Buy More booth babes."

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-V

Chuck

"Emmett (Tony Hale) brings back the Buy More employee-of-the-month contest. Is that the contest to find the person who thought Dane Cook was funny in Employee of the Month? The one nobody's ever won?"

16. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Finally caught up on this show (NBC all of the second season and the season finale from last year online).

It's so good! I just hope they can keep the momentum up.

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-V

"Chuck

Flunking sensitivity training with flying colors, NBC airs an episode about a hostage situation."

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Nothing until January...

19. Fisto_Hero

Fisto_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2008
    Huge fan of Chuck. Mainly because the contrast between him and his bodyguard is hilarious and for "The Office" feel of the store, but that is to be expected.

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-PG-DL

Chuck

"Oh, those wacky suburbs. They're home to people like Andy Richter and Jenny McCarthy, who peppily sell stationery and have the hots for Chuck. Respectively."

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    Chuck Versus the Best Friend
    Airs: Monday February 23, 2009

"Chuck and Morgan's friendship is put to a test, when Anna and her new friend find Morgan spying on them. Meanwhile Jeff and Lester form a band called "Jeffster!" to perform on Ellie and Devon's wedding."

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBC, TV-14-DV

Chuck

"Chuck breaks up with Sarah but gets jealous when she has to seduce a hottie agent. Sarah high-fives herself for having the best job to facilitate awesome dumpee revenge."

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    Chuck Versus the Lethal Weapon
    Air date: Monday March 9, 2009

"Sarah and Casey go looking for a man that seems to be behind Fulcrum's plans to build its own Intersect, forcedly leaving Chuck and Agent Barker in a safety bunker."

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    NBCm TV-PG-LSV

Chuck

"Tony Hale is back as the assistant manager of Buy More. Couldn't he use a vertigo-suffering older girlfriend? I'm feeling the hunger for some crazy that only Liza can fulfill."

25. Bill-Thompson

Bill-Thompson Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 4, 2008
    Another really good episode, Chuck continues to be all kinds of fun. Chuck and Castle are very complementary to each other and make Monday nights a lot of fun.