main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Chyntuck's ramblings | "Fermu Soldatu Tin" (OTP Fairy Tale Challenge) | Replies 03 Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chyntuck, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I've so far read the first story and I love it how you connected the requirements of the dare. Given how Ozzel is a big meanie, I kinda expected him to have a cat, the kind of a cat that Inspector Gadget's arch-nemesis would have, but the whole mood and the comedic aspect of this, with how poor Piett is putting up with his poop, is hilarious.

Some bits I really, really liked:

"Finding a Rebel base in there is like looking for a grain of sand on Tatooine."

"Doesn't this man know when to keep his mouth shut? Piett thought in exasperation. He’s going to get it one of these days if he keeps playing kick-the-rancor, and I don’t want to be around for it."

"Piett arched an eyebrow. “Non-human faecal matter on the Empire’s flagship?” - ewww & LOL

And the very last paragraph is great. Now I simply have to ponder if Piett would be a dog owner and if the dog would be some big fluffy type or a little monster like the one currently farting snoring on my lap.

Chyntuck likes this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Having thought of it, this sounds like a plot bunny to me. I may or may not write a sequel -- "Canine adventures" or something like that :p

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Do it, do it, do it, do it! :)

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Ewok Poet, AngelQueen, Gemma and 2 others like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic. You really get the sense of immense loss but marvelous resiliency. =D=

Gemma, AzureAngel2, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  6. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    :eek:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

[​IMG]

Did you just...I...I...I just can't. *head explodes*

Is Katya your OC or is she borrowed? YOU NEED TO DO MORE STUFF WITH HER. LIKE, NOW, PLZ.

7. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Ummmmm...........Oh. My. Freaking. Goodness.

This was...

This was...

This was more amazing than I could ever have imagined.

This...I will treasure.

You read Katya so well -- all the little things I try to put in and wonder if people notice what I'm getting to but not outright saying. And I love the details you used from my vision of Theed.

Thank you so much. This story is beautiful, and amazing, and thoughtful, and brilliant, and, and... it's a true gift and it will encourage me to continue.

Thank you Chyntuck. And thank you Nyota's Heart for beta-ing. [face_good_luck]

Ewok Poet, Gemma, AzureAngel2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Viridian-Maiden

Aug 14, 2013
    And thank you so much for these kind words, too. [face_good_luck]

9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Katya is VM's OC and pretty much every detail is borrowed from her fics, so go ahead and read them :)

Viridian-Maiden I'm happy you liked it [face_love] Katya is a wonderfully interesting, complex character and I'm looking forward to reading your version of what happened to her up to and including the Battle of Yavin, or even beyond. No pressure [face_whistling]

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    A beautiful and vivid story. I really enjoyed this. :)

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    All-round gorgeous story, full of gemlike details—which of course doesn't surprise me at all from a Chyntuck offering. ;) There's something about feeling loss and homesickness within a dazzlingly beautiful setting that just compounds and intensifies those feelings. But Katya's renewed resolve at the end is just as palpable as her grief earlier on. Onward!

The Imperial Symphony Orchestra is a really neat touch. :D Loved the role of the music in setting off Katya's feelings.

And yes, "There is no..."! :D I think Katya might have a kindred spirit, faced with a similar (or at least related) decision, several sectors away... [face_thinking] ;)

12. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Loved this scene; really brings up that haunting theme music in my mind. =D= This is such a great extrapolation of the Katya that I recall from my reading of Viridian-Maiden's fics (and reminds me to go find those later chapters that I think I missed.) She has the same sense of strength and complex, troubled contemplation that I remember.

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    This was wonderful - I love all of the details of the festivities and, as a new reader, a great introduction to Katya.

14. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Well, stang, gurl. Viridian-Maiden, I'mma gonna have to look up your fics, because Katya is made of win. :cool: Looks like you and Chyntuck are a dream team.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yes, totally. A dream team. =D= =D=

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fantastic introduction to Katya and a great gift fic

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    So many pearls and I did not find them before tonight. Each of the three stories that I just read through feverishly is exquisite. Fanfic writers like you describe a Star Wars universe that I love more than everything that the PT and the Clone War series came up with. Unique characters that enchant me, whose destinies are woven into the carpet of the Force. Thank you!

I feel lit up now like Hecate´s twin torches. ;)

Chyntuck, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thank you for your kind words divapilot Findswoman Kahara JadeLotus earlybird-obi-wan AzureAngel2 :)
    It's actually canon: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Symphony_Orchestra Seriously, people who do PhDs should consult SW fanfic writers. We're all becoming experts at mining info from the Wook :p
    ;)
    [face_laugh]

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    What a wonderful image you painted with your words! I enjoyed this a great deal!

Great job with the fic-gift, and an especially great job using someone elses OC's! =D=

Gemma, Kahara, Chyntuck and 1 other person like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks mav :)

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    This post was originally the story Unexpected Parenthood. I decided to expand upon it and moved it to the Family Holos thread.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Chyntuck - how incredibly poignant. And what a stark contrast to the joyful and affectionate way Ayesha now speaks of Yakkooboo. @};- Excellent OC challenge entry and I am happy to read this glimpse of the origin of Ayesha's time on Kashyyyk. [:D] [face_love]

Ewok Poet, Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Viridian-Maiden

Aug 14, 2013
    Aww...amazing. I love this.

Nyota's Heart, Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So sweet! no wonder Ayesha loves her Wookiee family so much. They clearly love her, too.

25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    This is great! =D= I love the insight into Yakooboo's decision and his compassion for the youngling-Ayesha is wonderful. He doesn't allow himself to be driven away by her fear. And in the end, there's enough to hint at a little hope that this scared kid will grow up to be the vibrant woman with a Wookiee family that we know from Necessity. :)