main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clarification on sock usage

Discussion in 'Communications' started by farraday, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    If someone registers dozens of socks just to 'stuff' polls, they've got more to worry about than just violating some policy here. They are in serious need of direction in life.

As far as 'sock usage' goes... think of it like the seatbelt law. No cop is really going to pull you over for not wearing your seatbelt. But, if he pulls you over for something else, and you're not wearing it, bam, a heavier fine.

If you're not 'abusing' your socks (meaning posting hundreds of times with each one, which could confuse people as two who is who, or spamming with some, or responding to your own threads so it doesn't look like you're 'upping' your own thread, etc), then there's really not much to worry about. But if we happen to notice that you've got around 10 active socks, don't be surprised if you get a message from one of us telling you that you need to pick all but three of them for termination.

Vertical

2. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    haah, now where i live, the cops do pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt, and they fine you 150NZD, which is not nice, i should know, it happened to me....sure cured my habit of putting my belt on as i drove rather than before i started the engine......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.