main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Classic Trilogy Scene Writing Contest HAS RETURNED with a Kyle Katarn scene!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Brandon Rhea, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Hey there, all you Fan Fiction people! I just wanted to let you all know that, after a fairly lengthy hiatus, the Classic Trilogy Writing Contest, more formally known as the CT Scene Write/Rewrite Contest, will be return on the evening of Tuesday, March 11th! The next challenge, which will be Game 24, will be a scene revolving around Kyle Katarn during the Classic Trilogy. I'm not announcing specifics since I don't want anyone to get a headstart over someone else, but if you're interested in writing challenges and/or Kyle Katarn stories, then this is the contest for you! So you won't forget, I'll be sure to remind you guys a few days before the contest begins. Feel free to look through the rules of the game and through the past entries to see what this game is all about.

I hope to see many of you there! :D

2. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    I'm fairly new here, but this sounds right up my alley. I think I may take this challenge up once posted. :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    At last! Where have you been? They're heading in this direction. We'll be sent to the spice mines at Kessel, smashed into who-knows-what...

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The Classic Trilogy Writing Contest returns in THREE DAYS with a Kyle Katarn scene!

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The Classic Trilogy Scene Writing Contest returns TOMORROW with a Kyle Katarn challenge!

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    And our amazingly awesome game returns with:

The CT Scene Write/Rewrite Contest: Game 24 (Super Game 3) - Kyle Katarn's Rebel Mission

Soon after the Battle of Yavin, Mon Mothma asked Kyle to investigate the destruction of Tak Base resulting from the Battle of Talay. Kyle accepted, and took on Jan Ors as his mission officer. Kyle's investigation revealed the Imperial Dark Trooper project, led by Clone Wars veteran General Rom Mohc. Several clues led Katarn to Anoat, where he captured Moff Rebus, an infamous Imperial weapons engineer. After raiding a testing facility for phrik on the planet Fest, Kyle was led to the Gromas system, where said mineral was being mined and the first stage of the Dark Trooper was manufactured. After destroying the facility, Kyle had to rescue Crix Madine from an Imperial detention center on Orinackra and traveled to the Ramsees Hed docking port on Cal-Seti. There, he was able to track a smuggling ship that was making runs to the frozen planet of Anteevy, where the second stage of Dark Trooper construction was being completed. Kyle destroyed the facility on Anteevy and was led to Nar Shaddaa, where he located a nav card describing the activities of all the smugglers involved in the Dark Trooper project. Upon leaving the planet, though, Jan and he were briefly captured by Jabba the Hutt.

Kyle was able to regain the card, rescue Jan, and escape Jabba's space cruiser. Katarn and Ors infiltrated the ISO building on Coruscant, where he was able to decode the nav card. He also fought and defeated Boba Fett there. Using the new information from the card, Kyle and Jan tracked one of the smuggler ships to the Refueling Station Ergo. Kyle hijacked this ship and used it to sneak onto the Executor, which was the only ship that knew where the Arc Hammer could be found. Once on board, he smuggled himself aboard the Arc Hammer, where the third and final stage of the Dark Trooper was being manufactured. After a battle against General Mohc in the only Dark Trooper Phase III exoskeleton in existence, he proceeded to blow up the Arc Hammer and escape, destroying the Dark Trooper Project for good. In gratitude for his bravery, Mon Mothma awarded him the Star of Alderaan.
    - From Kyle Katarn on Wookieepedia: The Star Wars Wiki

This challenge is to be based off of this event in Kyle Katarn's life in the Rebel Alliance. You don't have to do it exactly as it happened in canon and you certainly don't have to do that entire thing if you don't want to, but I personally am challenging you to do it. So, here are your options:

1) Take a piece of that event and write on scene off of it;
    2) Take that entire event and write one massive scene off of it.

It's up to you which one of those two options you'd like to go with, but those are your two options. This is a rather lengthy project here, so I'm going to give you a week and a half and say that all scenes must be posted by Friday, March 21 at 11:59pm Board Time/Pacific Standard Time. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.