main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland's Official Episode 3 discussion thread (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    EDIT: Move over to the new EPISDODE III Spoiler board...all non-spoiler threads are on jkoc.com (if you need to register, contact BMack)

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    George talking with Rick McCellen...

George:"Who should be put in Episode III from the OT? How about Bee Aurther, she did such agreat job in he Holiday Spicial"

Chewie Walks in an Growls!

Rick:"George, I think weshould let the Wookie whin on this and put him in..."

George: "Ok, an we should put Jon Passow init to."

Rick:"Done."

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    They are looking for Episode III...casting call

If Jon gets in...I expect pictures!

4. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I don't think that Chewie should be in EP3. I think that we should first meet him and Han at the Cantina in Mos Eisley. Unless of course it shows Han & Chewie making the Kessel Run in under 12 parsces :)

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I hope they show little Han as an Imperial, and how Chewie was abused as a slave, showing how he got his life-debt to Han. Plus it would make Han's transformation from Imperial to mercenary to Rebel that much more drastic. And it would be cool to see little Han and little Lando playing sabacc for the Falcon.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Going thru my FF forums and making a single Episode 3 spoiler & news threads, so people who want to remain unspoiled can just worry about a single thread. Please continue to discuss this and any other news here...if a new thread pops up, let me know and I'll close/redirect discussion here. Thanks.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks Sebulba...and welcome back (I take it you're re-replacing Bobafemme?)

Depending on WHAT we get to see of Chewbacca in Episode III...it will just add another dimension to making PT and OT into one big story. I think many fans will get a kick out of seeing Chewie, but some will say his "debut" (as far as a timeline) will ruin the ANH. Of course, WHY did Obi-Wan strike up a conversation with Chewbacca? Perhaps Episode III will shed some light on this???

showing how he got his life-debt to Han...unless all those events have a direct impact on the events of the main plot of Episode III, I wouldn't want it included for the sake of "seeing it." Some things are better left to the imagination and EU.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    (Yeah, Jurist and I have reshuffled the MidWest FF RISK board, and now I hold all of Ohio...muhahahahaha...that's 3 armies per turn I think)

An under the table suggestion told to me alludes to the fact that Chewie's appearance in EP3 isn't as significant as what he's doing. It's highly, highly unlikely that OS would throw us this bone if it were really significant to Ep3, imho. I then joked and said he's the head contractor on the Death Star Construction (per the conversation in "Clerks"), and the reason he didn't get a medal in ANH was due to the fact that if he hadn't of built it, Luke & Han wouldn't have had to destroy it...but that's just me and my randomness. ;)

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Wouldn't it be cool to see Chewie rip Jar Jar's head off? Of course that would mean Jar Jar would have to beat Chewie at a game of that holo-chess.

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Falls flat on my @$$, "WOW! SEBULBA! LONG TIME NO POST!"

And yes Krash, I WILL get pictures if I get on. As of yesturday's news, I have had my Agent send out 5 pictures(each different), My Manager, me by email, and by mail.

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't see how many spoilers will be getting out...not even Anthony Daniels would tell anything ready at all about Episode 3...at least about the story!

EDIT: If anyone goes on the force.net page anymore you could find this.
    Obi-wan

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This is something interesting...

Your guess is as good as mine...but it would be interesting to know which part Temuera Morrison will play in Episode III (Fett?) (Clonetrooper?)

13. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Yeah, probably when some clonetrooper has to take off his head gear and it's a close up. Most likley it's nothing major.

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I know this thread got bumped up today because someone had something they wanted to talk about... I'm not going to comment cuz I didn't read what you wrote, and I don't plan to read anything after this, but I'm upset that I was on theforce.net's main page and they said that Tem Morrison is going to be back in Episode 3, without any warning... now while I am guilty of something similar from a certain point of view, this upsets me because it is on the main TF.N site... ARGH! WHY DIDN'T THEY PUT A "SPY REPORT" TAG ON IT!

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As someone who is trying to remain as "spoiler-free" as possible...I've taken a number of spoilers for the team.

This one is just saying Temuera Morrison is scheduled to play some (undetermined) part in Episode III...while there are some logical speculation to be had, the other thread (with spolier info protected by "highlite to read") goes into detail about his role in Episode III.

Welcome to the world of "how much is too much"...everyone proceed at you own caution.

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't want to know about his role, but I did see today that his return is on the official Star Wars website (or rather what's still accessible for non-Hyperspace members) so that's ok by me. But I don't want to know if he's going to be Boba or a clone or what.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Believe it or not, Hyperspace (webcams and set diary) is doing a better job of not giving away too much information about Episode III then TF.N

If you're interested in the real world aspects of filming Episode III...Hyperspace is the place for you. And the pictures posted may have some key characters in them...but you really don't get a sense of what they are doing (in term sof story)

Highlite and read the TF.N Episode III news...and they'll tell you waaaay to much "inside?" gossip and speculation that could ruin the experience for ya. I read some things from a recent Rick chat (I think Hyperspace)...where some things slipped out (I'll let you read them...but they are cool)

I more inclined to read about Episode III (only from oficial sources), then some of you (apparently).

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Hyperspace is B.S., if you don't mind me saying.

And the chat with Rick reciently revieled that someone will not die and I am very dissappointed about it.

Also, the bit about him gaining 15 lbs recently due to the stress is also bull poodoo because he was HUGE during Episode II and after the filming he didn't bother to loose any of that. It just sounds like he's getting rich and fat.....hmmmm...

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I read that as well, and just because Jar Jar Binks (click and drag across IF you want to know) doesn't die in Episode III...that's no reason to get all nasty.

Hyperspace is B.S., if you don't mind me saying. That's you're opinion...and we've got a thread for that discussion elsewhere.

20. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Isn't this thread suppose to be about Spoilers not what facts we like or don't like that are given away.

21. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    I have hyperspace, it's ok I guess. But that's not what we're talking about, So..... I think that the above mentioned should die in EP3. I do think Padme should die though. Don't get me wrong, I love her, I just think it's better for the story if she dies.

22. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Hyperspace is B.S., if you don't mind me saying. That's you're opinion...and we've got a thread for that discussion elsewhere.

I was just saying that "matter of fact-ly". I didn't mean it as comming acrost as the main point of my post. ;)

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    The fact is...everybody dies (at some point) but what does killing off a character contribute to the story. We all know Episode III is going to be full of alot of jedi dying. However, it's not like main characters like Padme or Jar Jar have to die...just so it explains why they are not in ANH.

Of all the OT characters...Chewbacca makes the most sense having some kind of appearance, because of the Wookie's lifespan (compared to humans). Now if/how his appearance adds to the story of Episode III...that remains to be seen.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    For those of you who don't get hyperspace, they're filming the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan (no surprise...we all know it happens) and something interesting came up:

That was clear this morning when a take had to be cut short as a lightsaber shattered in two. These are the new graphite-bladed ones, too. Ewan's parry blocked Hayden's attack, at the cost of his blade. No one was hurt, but it was definitely a surprise.

The man busted a graphite-bladed lightsaber!!! :eek: Emily says since I've been hitting the weights...my lightsaber strikes are coming with more force behind them (I'm not trying to hit hard) And we complain about our toy electronic lightsaber blades breaking...I'd hate to see Hayden and some of us fighting ;)

25. DRD-1812

DRD-1812 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    For all you Farscape fans out there, a familiar face from both AOTC and Farscape has been scheduled to return for Episode III.

Claudia Karvan (Natira) is returning in her role as Sola Naberrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.