main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Clone Club ~ fans of Orphan Black

Discussion in 'Community' started by IamZam, Jul 7, 2016.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maslany is the reason to watch it, the overall arc is basically nonsense going in circles. It's kinda neat when it takes a dive into suburban crime ala Breaking Bad around S3.

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I binge watched this show all the way through approximately a year or two ago.

Tatiana Maslany not only makes this show, she is the show. This series is not particularly well written or deep or innovative in any of the conventional ways. I won't claim it's objectively one of the most shows around. But I have never had more fun watching a TV series in my life. I couldn't stop once I started the first episode, all the way to the end. It's legitimately one of my favorite shows ever, and that's down to Maslany's uncanny talent at making you believe that each of these clones is a completely separate person with their own life, their own soul, and even their own appearance and personhood. I have different visceral reactions to the various clones, and it's amazing to me that they were all performed by the same person. It's an experience unlike any other I've had with television.

Darth Guy, BRE, cubman987 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Very well said.

__

I finished the show yesterday and while it wasn't as good overall as I expected it to be while going through Season 1, it was a fun show with some great moments. The real heart in it of course lies in Maslany's unbelievable acting range, and moments that the lead characters have together in-between all of the fighting. It has a plot that falls under itself a lot at times, particularly in the middle, but Season 4 and 5 end up tightening it back up and it finishes in a wholesome, if a little lacklustre way. It is not a show that I think I'd ever bother to rewatch (though I've seen Season 1 three times by this point - once when it first came out, a few years ago when trying to get through it but ended up not going back to it, and recently when I decided to finally go through the show)

Season Rankings

1. Season 1
    2. Season 4
    3. Season 5
    4. Season 2
    5. Season 3

Top 5 Characters

1. Felix
    2. Cosima
    3. Sarah
    4. Helena
    5. Ferdinand

Rew likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    After meaning to watch this for years, I finally have the last month.

pretty much the same thoughts as everyone else; plots a mess, Maslani is amazing (Fe too!)

also, yeah, easy to forget it’s the same actress. They all look really different, but even the way each spoke and intoned was brilliant.

She was doing five major characters and a few fringe, all in one show, all different and then you have some huge Hollywood actors who seem to pretty much play themselves in most films. It’s a funny old world.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    At least she got an Emmy finally.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Darth Guy and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Yeah... I have mixed feelings about this. It might be great, but I suspect most of us watched the show because of Maslany, not because of the lore. The lore was not that interesting, TBH. But, I'll give it a shot--it might be great.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I couldn't keep the storyline straight of the who what why of the cloning after basically the first season and just watched it for the various clone schemes.