main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Clone Padme

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Kato Sai, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    The problem with cloning with SW technology would be that it takes them just as long to grow as natural born beings. On Kamino they use something called growth acceleration. But even if they used that Anakin would have had to wait about 13 years till his Padmé clone would be roughly the age when the original died. If he preferred a younger version it would still be a matter of years. Also, those clones grew up faster but aged twice as fast as well. The Padmé clone may have died of old age long before Anakin.
    So I doubt that would have been much use to him. Unless he married her as a young kid. And who could guarantee that the "new" Padmé would even have accepted Anakin as her partner? After all she wouldn't have those memories of all they had been through together. Anakin would be a stranger to her. Unless Sidious had a way to somehow use the dark side to restore those memories AND make her fall in love with Anakin. Even if he could do that, she would be a little girl with the memories of an adult, much like Alia in the first Dune book. And I'm not sure if either the Padmé clone or Anakin would have wanted that. So it would have been either that or wait for a long time until she would have been "old enough" for Anakin.
    We are not even sure Palpatine had the growth acceleration technique available to him. Suppose the Kaminoans simply refused to cooperate?
    I don't know how cloning works in Dune. Maybe the Tleilaxu found a way to produce clones that are fully grown already. Same goes for replicants. Do they need to grow up like normal humans or are they made as 1:1 exact copies of the original?
    In short, it simply wouldn't have worked in ROTS.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  2. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Isn’t that what Ben Solo did to Rey in Rise of Skywalker? He transferred his own essence into her? Not like he’s possessing her or anything, but giving her his life force?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Essence transfer is transferring a soul from the body it belongs to, into a different body - usually because the original is dead.

What Ben Solo did was healing -

possibly
    to the point of "healing a recently dead body before the "soul" has left it, bringing the body back to life".

However, he spent his own energy to do so, to the point that he did not have enough to keep him alive - hence his death right afterward.

What Legends Palpatine did, was transfer Lemelisk's soul into the body of clone Lemelisk.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    A considerable amount of Legends bleeds into NU canon. Force Storm, seen in “The Book of Sith,” (Legends) makes its first appearance in TROS when Sidious shoots bolts into the sky to disable ships.

Force Healing, a staple EU/Legends force power was made canon in The Mandalorian Season I, Episode 2 via Baby Yoda, and in TROS via Rey.

Sidious threatens essence transfer, saying if Rey slays him he’ll possess her body via a Sith Ritual. Rey believes this enough that she uses two lightsabers to deflect Palpatine’s Force Lightning back on him making him his own destroyer.

StartCenterEnd likes this.
  5. Darth Boycs

Darth Boycs Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2018
    What you're describing is more akin to the Cylon downloading in Battlestar Galactica.

6. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    I agree with what others have said about Vader not wanting to clone Padme. Having said that, IF for any reason someone else decided to clone Padme and then Vader met the clone, I don't think he'd be able to take his eyes off her. Not that it would go well. I can't imagine a Padme replica falling in love with a murder machine who seems obsessed with her for no reason that she can understand. Sidious also wouldn't like how Vader is being reminded of his past. And things would get really messed up if the Padme clone meets Luke. They'd be at about the same age and if they don't know who she's a clone of... umm lets not go there.

7. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    [SIGMUND FREUD HAS ENTERED THE CHAT]

Sorry :p

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Clone Padme that would work is a dark sider version of her, what Anakin wanted, “We can rule the galaxy, make things the way we want them to be!” Then she could assist him in his dark dominion with the Emperor.

Sith Padme concept art:

[​IMG]

9. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Now THAT, I can buy easily.

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Because his fear of Padme's death after the death of his mother was part of the journey that led to his downfall..her not being a clone serves a purpose in the story Lucas wanted to tell.

I mean SW has shown medical technology we could just as easily ask why didn't he take her to the doctor if he was afraid something was going to wrong. It doesn't make sense to me to want to re-write the story years after the fact.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well the point is Anakin is possessive, and in a way, when Padme would go down his dark path he did lose some love for her. He had done all that he had done for her “to protect you,” but he response was rejection and a person like Anakin with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) couldn’t handle it.

So a clone Padme with dark side sympathies would serve him well. Because the old Padme disappointed him.

12. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I don't go the route of watching the films and trying to diagnose the someone else's fictional characters with disorders. George explained why Anakin did what he did and it came across for me during the story, I don't have to re-write it to understand it or enjoy it.

Giving Anakin a dark side sympathetic clone of Padme completely up ends George's intended moral of the story. Anakin was not supposed to get everything he wanted. He suffered for his choices by design. Rewarding him with a copy of Padme is like excusing all the evil that he did.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Well a dark side clone isn’t letting Anakin get all he wanted. His desire was for Padme herself to join him, as he later desired Luke to join him in ESB, but I think Vader would have taken the next best thing, Luuke (dark side clone) and dark Padme.

[​IMG]

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    You mean a... Padmé Armydala?

15. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    What?o_O

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    My point being clones arn’t mindless or impaired, but csn be are real and personable as the real host.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ I can agree with that. If a Padme clone won’t work, a Padme ganger.

Kato Sai likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What is interesting is Padme fell in love with Vader as much as she did Anakin, she built a bind with him when he confesses to killing women and children Tuskans, but later says, “he said you killed younglings.” Padme I think feared not Vader so much as for her children, what if Anakin/Vader should turn his ire on them?

A Dark Lady Padme clone would work because Padme already gave a little into the darkness by loving Anakin who demonstrated the dark side was in him.

19. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    For me, the idea of cloning or downloading memories does not constitute the continuation of the individual consciousness.

For example, if the science existed, I could have a clone of myself created and implanted with all my memories and personality (in short a complete replication of myself at this point in time). Both this hypothetical clone and I could exist at the same time and would have two separate conscious selves. Even if the clone were created after my death, my consciousness would not manifest in my clone. Therefore, a Padme clone (possessing every one of her memories and emotions up until the point of her death) would not have allowed a continuation of Padme’s consciousness. This clone would have been a separate entity possessing carbon-copies of Padme’s memories, personality and emotions.

The only way in which Padme could have been truly resurrected using cloning techniques would be through some form of essence transfer if this were possible in the Star Wars universe.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Such a power is possible, essence transfer, “the dark side of the Force is a pathway to abilities some consider unnatural.” (Sidious).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  21. I believe in EU Legends because Vader learned to leave his Anakin past
    in Disney Canon he wanted to resurrect her than Clone her

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Do you think Vader would do a form of Force Necromancy to bring Padme back? Could he not combine the two? A clone body and dark side magic.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  23. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Why didn't Anakin simply buy a body pillow with Padme's image printed on it?