main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Clone Story Index v2. New Topic 12/25: New Story added and open for suggestions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CloneCommunity, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCommunity

CloneCommunity Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2008
    Welcome friends of the copious clones.

The Omegas
    [image=http://www.jedipedia.de/wiki/images/thumb/Delta_Squad_Team.jpg/180px-Delta_Squad_Team.jpg]

The Deltas
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/c/cb/Delta_Squad.jpg/300px-Delta_Squad.jpg]

And All Others
    [image=http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/star_wars_clone_army.jpg]

This will hopefully be out new home and hangout.

I hope to have discussions, challenges and of course, an index.
    I plan to take all stories from the previous index over to this one. It might take some time, as I will have to sort things.

The old thread Good Guys Wear White was created by Kudzu.

You current host is MsLanna.
    But I would be glad for help.[face_batting] I'm a bunch of enthusiasm, but my actual knowledge about this is pretty limited.[face_blush]

And always remember, we are not alone. Other fans are with us. Like this Audio Adaption of 'Targets'. Enjoy. (I hope. I was looking for pics, actually, and didn't have a chance to listen in yet.[face_blush] )

2. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    THE INDEX

Sorted alphabetically by author. If you want your story listed here, please send the following form to the sock. Note: if it is a collaboration, it will be listed under the author's name who is listed first under 'author'.
    If you write a longer fic, please inform the sock when to switch from 'in progress' to 'completed'.[face_batting]

Title:
    Link: (NO hyperlinks or mark-up codes, please. Just copy and paste the URL.)
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Note: Many of the fics are rather old. If they have not been updated in ages, I put their stauts as 'locked' if they are not finished.

[b] Aiden_Sanic [/b]

[b] Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b10476/20772889/] An Honest Clones Work[/link]
    [b] Characters: [/b] Clones, specifically JI-M7
    [b] Genre: [/b]Action
    [b] Summary: [/b] A clone describes his moments in the apocolyptic Battle of Courascant
    [b] Notes: [/b] This is a response to the OC challenge # 4 in which an OC character describes what they saw during a saga event. I hope they like it.
    [b] Status: [/b]Complete

[b] Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/a/b10476/23278967/]Casanova [/link]
    [b] Characters: [/b]OC ARC
    [b] Status: [/b] Complete

[hr]

[b]Antilles2001[/b] and [b]Kudzu [/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/21137753/?0]All in a Day's Work[/link]
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Clone Wars, Year Three
    [b]Characters:[/b] Many - among them are: Kit Fisto, Bant Eerin, RC-1138 Boss, RC-1140 Fixer, RC-1207 Sev, RC-1262 Scorch, RC-1309 Niner, RC-1136 Darman, RC-3222 Atin, RC-8015 Fi, Palpatine, Grievous, OCs
    [b]Genre: [/b] Action/Philosophy/Angst/Intrigue
    [b]Summary: [/b] The oceanic world of Asceplis is just one of many to fall beneath General Grievous's overpowering onslaught. In response, a Jedi duo, an ARC trooper, and two squads of clone commandoes are dispatched along with three clone battalions - come what may, they will persevere or they will die trying.
    [b]Notes:[/b] When Antilles2001 approached me about writing a multi-part collaborative fanfiction, I was quick to accept it. I'm glad that I did - he's been good to work with and I'm certain that our partnership will be fruitful. We decided to write something epic, something that unfolds on multiple levels, because we push to challenge ourselves always. We both sincerely hope that you enjoy this fanfiction. If you want to be on our PM list for notification of updates, please just say so! And without further ado, let us begin!
    [b]Status:[/b] In Progress

[hr]

[b]Antilles2001[/b]

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=20793248&brd=10476] Republic Commando: Clown's Lament [/link]
    [b]Timeframe: [/b]Clone Wars, Year Three
    [b]Characters: [/b]RC-1262 ?Scorch?, RC-1138 ?Boss?, RC-1140 ?Fixer?, RC-1207 ?Sev?
    [b]Summary: [/b] Republic commando Scorch mourns the apparent loss of his friend, squadmate, and brother Sev on the forest world of Kashyyyk.
    [b]Notes: [/b] Big kudos to KrystalBlaze and DarthBoba for all my RC vignettes.
    [b]Status: [/b] Complete

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=20738101&brd=10476&replies=13] Republic Commando: Boba [/link]
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] Between Episode I and Episode II
    [b]Characters: [/b]RC-1138 ?Boss?, RC-1262 ?Scorch?, RC-1207 ?Sev?, Walon Vau, Boba Fett, Jango Fett
    [b]Summary: [/b] The Delta Squad trainees have an encounter with the wayward unaltered son of Jango Fett, Boba, on Kamino.

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=20738117&brd=10476&replies=13] Republic Commando: Survivor's Guilt [/link]
    [b]Timeframe: [/b]Episode II
    [b]Characters: [/b] RC-3222 ?Atin?, OCs
    [b]Summary: [/b]On Geonosis, clone commando Atin loses everything.

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=20739256&brd=10476&replies=8] Republic Commando: Mortality [/link]
    [b]Timeframe: [/b] Clone Wars, Year Two
    [b]Characters: [/b]RC-1138 ?Boss?, RC-1262 ?Scorch?, RC-114

3. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1138 standing by."

4. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1207 standing by."

5. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1140 standing by."

6. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1262 standing by."

7. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1309 standing by."

8. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-1136 standing by."

9. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-3222 standing by."

10. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    "RC-8015 standing by."

11. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Okay, it's up and running.:D
    Maybe I shold have mentioned to please send story submissions to the sock. Same for challenge ideas, discussion topics and all that. I really appreciate any help.[face_batting]

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Woot! What a great idea! =D=

13. katriene

katriene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2008
    Ooohhh...I like, I like!

14. Etain

May 11, 2008
    So I just listened to the audio play, and I like it. Not that I could tell any voices apart.:oops:

Has anybody else listened yet?

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Don't make me talk to myself in here, people. Becuase, if that's what it takes to keep this afloat, I will, even if it gets both of me banned.:p

Maybe a discussion topic and a challenge will help? I'm working on those.
    And the audio play is really good.[face_batting]

16. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    Don't you crowd in here all at once.:p
    Maybe a discussion topic will help this get going. Let's start with the obvious:

Why clones? Or, why not?

And since challenges are all the rage, and we're such a community here already...
    *unglues tongue from cheek*
    the first challegne topic is:

Possessions

Clones are said to not possess much, and also not to care much about possessions. So here's the challenge: make 'em! Grab a clone of your choice and give him something to treasure. Must be an object.

Also remember that the index is up and running. I took over all stories from the old thread and am digging my way through everything lazy's wonderful link machine has dug up. But feel free to sumbit anything you know of that's not here already. [face_batting]

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Hmm, didn't mean to, but be on the boards and plot bunny will gt you. So I will do something for that challenge. Since I didn't put a deadline on it (wise, wise) I'll take my time, though.:p

Why clones?
    I will repate myself here.
    Because stories usually are about conflict of a kind. And clones bring that in the double: Where they are, there is war: external conflict; but with their inadequate trainging for 'real life' they also have conflicts when they encounter it: internal conflic.
    You can choose and switch between those two as you please, and that has a load of possibilities.:D

And there's so many of them. [face_hypnotized] No matter what you want to have happen to a clone, there's always one handy somewhere.

Besides, they are all so good-looking.:p

18. katriene

katriene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2008
    Well...I'm no writer, but one thing that intrigues me is the conflict between the clones' original 'programming' according to their designation, and the personality they develop from life experience, individual trainers, and combat. Maybe a little of the nature vs. nuture debate going on there.

As for possessions, I'd imagine a token of a fallen brother would rank high. Aside from that? Sev certainly professed his adoration for his DC-17 [:D]

19. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    I never liked the idea of the Old Republic using Clone Troopers. Even if they did essentially keep the Republic afloat for a few more years, they seemed to me to be the antithesis of what it and the Jedi stood for: they were nothing but mindless soldiers, born and raised for no purpose other than to die. And besides that, what use is having soldiers who can be programed to betray you?

And then look at where their initial DNA came from. At best, Jango Fett was a shady character. At worst... well, I don't know what his worst is because honestly, I don't know too much about him. What little I know of Mandalorians as a whole comes from the Legacy novels.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not grateful for all the help they gave the Jedi when they were still good.

Well...I'm no writer, but one thing that intrigues me is the conflict between the clones' original 'programming' according to their designation, and the personality they develop from life experience, individual trainers, and combat. Maybe a little of the nature vs. nuture debate going on there.

That's an interesting thought. Because while they are all clones, almost none of them is exactly like their source, and they are somewhat different from one another.

Possessions... possessions...

That's given me about two different vague bunnies. Is there a deadline to this challenge? I don't know when I'll be able to actually write them.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If you look at identical twins you'll find that some are really identical in every way and others are the complete opposite of each other even though they're genetically identical. I'd say that the same goes for the clones as well.

21. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Yes, it is pretty impossible for them to keep their original programming if the ysee enough of the war and the world around them. But being bred loyal, where do they go with their doubts and questions?
    And since troopers that are deemed on the edge of deserteing seem be be taken terminal care off by other troopers, who can they trust to tell?

I, too, think that the clone army was a poor choice for the Jedi to make. But they didn't have a choice really, the Republic was under attack, and all they had to fight was the clones. It just amazes me, that few Jedi seemed to have reacted like Jusik. he saw it all to clear and I love the way he phrased it.

On Jango: he ws a 'good' Mando once, even their Mandalor, IIRC, so his fghting/leading skills should be undisputed. He was not very good at taking ordes and working with others, though and ended up a bounty hunter, even if one of the best.
    Because he was not perfect material to make clone troops from, the Kaminoans did some DNA-changing to breed the clones more obedient and cooperative.

22. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    So I have killed my own thread; very thoughtful of me.[face_plain]

I have now finished indexing old fics. Everything that is not here yet, will have to be submitted.[face_batting]

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So now that the CW animated movie is out, any new interested people?
    Maybe some Rex stories in the writing?[face_batting]

Anybody?[face_worried]

24. CloneCommunity

May 14, 2008
    Well, I laid it of long, hoping to have more to add.:(

New in the Index:

Title: Theta Squad Viggies
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: Theta Squad plus Haleen
    Genre: Action, humour, drama
    Summary: Whatever crosses my mind to tell about this bunch.

Come on, people. There's so many clones out there. Grab a pen and write their stories!:_|

New topic:

How did The Clone Wars movie affect your view of clones, if at all?

25. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    New topic:

How did The Clone Wars movie affect your view of clones, if at all?

To tell you the truth, it has. In a good way. So much so that I recently created a clone OC that has appeared solely in my current drabble thread. I don't know a lot about the clones. I haven't read Karen Travis' series, but the movie has really inspired me to explore writing a clone story and explore my particular character more closely.

The film and the subsequent series has done a great job exploring clone humanity and individuality. Yes, the series hit you over the head with in the opening two episodes, but it's an important point.

Is there any advice on writing clones out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.