main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Joser_Kyind, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    I also whished we knew (but I will change the 'day' listing in my timeline-placement of Order to 'early morning' at my next upload later this week... Thanks for that!!!)

And 2ndQuest, here are the story-titles:

Another Fine Mess by the Fillbach Brothers
    C-3PO and R2-D2 adventures which takes place on Bri'ahl. No specific time stated, but according to the colofon-page "the events in this story take place just before and during the events in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" (which goes for all the stories in the book)

The Brink by Justin Lambros (script) and Rick Lacy (art)
    Story which takes place 'somewhere in the Outer Rim' during which Anakin Skywalker teams up with Serra Keto who is trapped on a space station while Obi-Wan Kenobi leads the fleet as 'the council expects us to regroup with the others'. Timeplacement for this is difficult as it is hard to believe that this takes place shortly before RotS (Anakin and Obi-Wan are already rather tied up in the events leading up to RotS, so it should take place sometime during the Outer Rim Sieges.

Orders by Ryan Kaufman and art by the Fillback Bros.
    clone story which takes place the day before and the day of Order 66 on the world of Garqi... (my favorite of the book)

Descent by Haden Blackman and art by the Fillbachs
    My second-favorite story of the book, this one about a clone attack on Kashyyyk (featuring Chewbacca and Tarfful)

2. Ryan_Kaufman

Ryan_Kaufman DHC Author & Former LucasArts Content Supervisor star 3 VIP

Mar 15, 2005
    But bear in mind, it's only Garqi day. I don't know if your timeline runs off Corsuscant Mean Time, or what. Just FYI.

Another FYI, there was a misprint in the TPB. Rick Lacy actually did the art for Orders, and the Bros. Fillbach did the art for The Brink.

You can actually tell if you examine the art closely. Slightly different styles.

3. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    And thank you again for that!

Regarding morning-day-evening-placements and stuff, I always go by the onworld day-time, so if something takes place during the morning on Garqi (while it is evening on Coruscant), it will be noted as morning! Once the timeline is finished (and somebody has written a Guide to the Planetary Day-lengths in Comparison to Coruscant's) I will adjust this accordingly... :)

4. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    a clone attack on Kashyyyk? after ROTS, then?

5. Ryan_Kaufman

Ryan_Kaufman DHC Author & Former LucasArts Content Supervisor star 3 VIP

Mar 15, 2005
    Yep. Post-ROTS... what happens to the Wookiee allies of the Old Republic. Very entertaining story by Haden Blackman.

6. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Ryan, your story "Orders" was by far my favorite in this collection, as was "The Package" in Volume 3. You have a unique talent for creating a story palatable to children that still has enough moral weight to be quite meanigful for an adult. Thanks for bringing up the quality of these books so significantly!

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    good stuff all around...
    i liked the antics of the droids adventure... reminds me of the old droids cartoons...
    the Brink was interesting, although i wished i had the backstory on serra keto before i read this.. Orders was good in its tragedy. and Descent -- gotta love wookiee trickery.

8. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    Just got it today, and I have to say Orders is one of my favorite Clone Wars stories.

9. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    "Descent" really made me think, "so this is what Return of the Jedi would have been like with Wookiees instead of Ewoks."

Notice how the Wookiee village looks and is set up exactly like the Ewok one?

10. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I'm never able to find these comics at my local store. I read the review though. They didn't actually write some kind of attraction between Anakin and Seto, did they? That would be a total misinterpretation of Anakin's character to say the very least.

11. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    It was really more Anakin arrogantly flirting with her. He may have just been messing with her, too.

12. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    But he wouldn't flirt with another woman before or after his marriage. His only interest was Padme.

13. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    em, Jabitha?

ok, the Wookiee stroy, does it happen before, after, or during the subjugtion of Kashyyyk in ROTS?

and in Visionaries, is Wookiee City (the royal capital)=Rwookrorro or =Kachirho?

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Jabitha was just a friend.

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Rwookrorro is the official capital city of Kashyyyk during the movie era, with Kachirho remaining one of their biggest settlements outside the jungles. Both were strategically significant to the CIS, Kachiro slightly moreso due to its open location.

16. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Finally saw this in the books store today. Very nice stories, and the art was decent too.

I loved your story, Ryan. :) :cool:

But I just couldn't help thinking "Replicators" after I saw those pink cyborg amoeba thingies in The Brink. I was just waiting for SG-1 to walk in and blast 'em... [face_tired]

17. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Glad I could find this old thread. Anyways, I have a question about Descent, the Wookiee story. Does it take place during the subjection of Kashyyyk, depicted in Dark Lord? That?s the only timeframe that fits, even if it does contradict the ?just before and during RotS.? However, IIRC Chewie spent all his time on Kachirho, and never spent any time fighting in the deep-forest tree villages. So, I?m fairly confused.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    A Better question is are they going to continue this series after the 5th issue comes out in April?

19. QuinineVos

Jun 16, 2005
    Yes, I've had the same question myself. I have chosen myself to retcon it as you have, by putting it about a month after ROTS, during Dark Lord, and somehow squeezing it in before Chewie joins up with Starstone et al. The only other option would be to assume this takes place near the end ROTS, and that these Clone Troopers somehow found out that Tarfull and Chewbacca had helped Yoda to escape, therefore this being their justification to attack the village as seen in "Descent." So, in other words, it could take place after Yoda's escape, but perhaps contemporaneous to Commander Faie's search for Quin (depending on what we see in Republic # 83)

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >So, in other words, it could take place after Yoda's escape, but perhaps contemporaneous to Commander Faie's search for Quin (depending on what we see in Republic # 83) <

That sounds pretty reasonable, actually, considering how quickly the clone troopers turned on allies recruited by the Jedi (in ROTS, we see troopers rounding up Pau'ans not long after Cody fails to kill Obi-Wan.)

TC

21. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I guess the wookiees wouldn't mention killing all those clonetroopers to the Dark Lord characters, as they wanted to keep it under wraps. The dialogue at the end, "This battle is over, but the War is just beginning" doesn't really support that, but I guess they might realize it's only a matter of time before the Empire cracks down on them. Episode 3 shows that they no longer trust Coruscant or the clones, when Yoda beheads Gree. The idea that they weren't part of the greater Imperial attack is supported by the fact that the clones were going to kill all the wookiees, instead of capturing slaves. Also, the wookiees win the skirmish, in the tree village and Chewbacca stays, instead of Chewie leaving while his village burns.

On another topic, one of the clones in the first 2 panels had a flamethrower. I love flamethrowers, and it makes sense for killing tree villages, since the village burns, but the tree won't die.

22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Here's something else that should probably either be tied in with Dark Lord or the CWA story:

http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?Image=timetales/misc/arcana/waywookiee11.jpg

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.