main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars alternate ending

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SergeyX2017, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Hi, I'm Sergey, I'm new here. I have, for awhile now, been wanting to write an alternative Star Wars story. If for no other reason than because Padme Amidala was perhaps my favorite Star Wars character (I had a crush on her as a kid lol) and I never liked that she died in Episode III... Especially by own husband's hand :(

Right now, I'm actually working (just for fun, I write a lot for fun, never have published my work anything, only let family and close friends read any of it, before now) on just such a thing. In short, its my alternate story based on the prequels and the Clone Wars animated TV series. There is a CW episode, close to the end of the last, sixth season, where a Clone Trooper suddenly goes crazy during a battle and murders a Jedi, and then another Trooper discovers that evil Inhibitor Chip which will make him and his comrades kill all the Jedi in near future. He gets the chip out of his head and tries to warn the Jedi, specifically Anakin Skywalker, about all of it. But he fails, gets killed, and the secret conspiracy goes on.

Well, in my story, basically, it starts with a different ending for that episode. Skywalker and Clone Commander Rex DO listen to this Trooper, discover the conspiracy, and trace it all the way back to Palpatine himself. Yoda himself insists on leading Skywalker, Obi-Wan and a bunch of clones to take down Palpatine. As they all barge in on him, they find Palpatine secretly meeting with Dooku. They all fight and kill the two Siths, but, in the battle, Yoda also dies, sacrificing himself to save Anakin.

Later, a massive operation unfolds at the Clone facility on Kamino, to de-chip all the Clones. Units are recalled from the field for this, one by one.

Meanwhile, Anakin and Obi-Wan hunt down and destroy General Grievous, as they indeed did in Episode III.

Later, Padme Amidala is elected as the new Supreme Chancellor of the Republic; while Mace Windu would replace Yoda as head of the Jedi Council and leader of the Jedi. Windu always struck me as much more of a fierce warrior type, as opposed to Yoda, a wise, old sage. Windu would likely make less measured and more impulsive decisions than Yoda would have, IMHO. That too will play out in my story.

With their main leaders (Dooku and Grievous) gone, the Separatist forces quickly start to lose the war, and beg for peace.

As the peace negotiations drag on, Anakin and Padme live on as a happy couple. Everything seems to be going great. Without Palpatine and his evil guidance, Anakin rejects the Dark Side. No Darth Vader. No Empire, no Death Star, none of that. This does not, however, leave him free of the Darkness entirely. This will likely have some effect on him still, in the story.

However, when Padme becomes pregnant, and later gives birth to little Luke and Leya, problems arise, as they are, now, forced to come out, publicly, as a married couple. A whole scandal erupts.

Anakin gets into trouble at the Temple, as it is against their Code for Jedi to have a family, or any such close personal relationship, outside the Order.

Meanwhile, Padme is attacked in the Senate, many question her integrity and credibility: she had been lying all this time about this, what else has she concealed from the Senate? And some also worry that her, as Supreme Chancellor, being married to a Jedi, will give the Order, perhaps, too much influence over the government. Not only Senators are upset, but regular citizens as well. Protests erupt on the streets of Coruscant.

And Padme and Anakin are divided also. While she is ready to listen to the people and their wishes; and to, peacefully, step down and call a new election; he, who still carries Darkness within him and also happens to passionately love his wife, is ready to defend her, including by, perhaps, using the Clone forces to violently suppress the opposition. Anakin may even be able to convince Mace Windu to back him on this as the head of Jedi Council, but painting all the dissidents at Separatist and Sith sympathizers.

Perhaps, as the story goes on, Anakin will become, while not, technically, a Sith, no better than Dooku or the Darth Vader that he turned into in the original plot; and, if Padme, Obi-Wan and others fail to stop him from ordering the Clones to crack down on the dissidents, a new kind of rebels will also emerge, not against the Empire and the Sith, but against the Republic, and the Jedi...

Wouldn't that be interesting to explore? Especially in the Trump era lol

Anyway, please tell me if this is stupid or worth going into. I have still only barely started on it. I want to do it. Looking forward to it, in fact. :)

TheAvengerButton likes this.
  2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi, Sergey. Welcome to Fanfic. When it comes to fan fiction, there's no such thing as stupid. Your story sounds ambitious, but that shouldn't stop you.

Take a look at the sticky threads at the top of the boards, which have excellent advice on rules and guidelines, and how to get beta readers and etc. The Writer's Resource thread has a place to ask questions and get opinions on "would this have happened" types of questions.

Read a few of the stories already posted here, too; that will give you an idea on how to format & etc.

Good luck!

SergeyX2017 likes this.
  3. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017

I have been looking. I mentioned here (http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-now-with-a-quick-guide-to-era-tags.50034038/) I am a bit confused about the Era Tags. Which Era is the Clone Wars? Thanks again.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Probably Saga. Saga begins with The Phantom Menace.

SergeyX2017 likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Saga - PT, I think. Welcome, Sergey! Finally, another cyrillic fanficcer. :D

SergeyX2017 likes this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello there. I'm actually going to lock this thread as we do not allow for threads regarding individual stories here. Please familiarize yourself with the Fanfic FAQ for general rules. If you need any help regarding your story, I'd suggest asking in the Fanfic Writer's desk

SergeyX2017 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.