main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Vancouver "Clone Wars" Chapters 11-20 To Air On Teletoon Starting March 2004

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TIEPilot051999, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    "And speaking of which, apparently Cassandra and me have been the only ones watching it. Has anyone else been seeing it?"

Actually I saw it a while back, I downloaded the whole shebang using Kazaa. I have to say I enjoyed it for what it was, all out action - not much story. I think I would have liked it more if they put more focus on the minor characters instead of Obi-Wan and Anakin, but nevertheless it was fun to watch.

I just don't like having to wait months to find out how the damn thing ends.

-ldh-

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I have to say I enjoyed it for what it was, all out action - not much story. I think I would have liked it more if they put more focus on the minor characters instead of Obi-Wan and Anakin, but nevertheless it was fun to watch.

True. The time issue is a big deal for me, but I'll get over it.

I just don't like having to wait months to find out how the damn thing ends.

Yeah. Two months is such a long time to wait... ;)

Or course, chances are, we're gonna have to wait longer... [face_plain]

3. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Ya I guess if I could wait 3 years from ESB to RotJ to find out how Han Solo got defrosted I can wait a couple months to see what happens after the cliffhanger at then end of the first part of Clone Wars.

I must be getting impatient in my old age.

;)

-ldh-

4. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    You're not the only one, man. You're not the only one.

5. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I havent read any of the others posts... but I thought they were bringing out a DVD for the series???

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I thought they were bringing out a DVD for the series???

Yeah. They are. We just don't know when.

7. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Some very good news from The Unofficial Clone Wars Website.

January 23, 2004: TELETOON brings you season 2 of the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated micro-series - Official press release...

STAR WARS CLONE WARS ON TELETOON:

SEE ALL 10 EPISODES IN MICRO-SERIES ONE
    IN A SPECIAL MARCH BREAK MARATHON ON SATURDAY, MARCH 13th FROM 4 TO 5 P.M. AND MIDNIGHT

SECOND SERIES LAUNCHES IN A SPECIAL KAPOW! PRESENTATION BEFORE CINETOON,
    SATURDAY, MARCH 20th AT 5:00 P.M.

(TELETOON - Monday, January 19, 2004) The reviews are in and critics and fans agree: Star Wars: Clone Wars is a hit on TELETOON!

?Star Wars fanatics ? and you know who you are ? won?t want to miss this series of three-minute animated shorts written by George Lucas?

TV Week

?These action-packed animations have exactly what our inner Jedis want? these cartoons, in their brevity and their excellent execution, harken back to those forceful feelings of childhood.?

Starweek

?There?s plenty of action, with dazzling chases through outer space, light saber sword fights and sweeping battle scenes? each installment seems far too short, suggesting somebody is doing something right.?

Globe Television

And the good news keeps getting better! During March Break, TELETOON will air all 10 episodes of the first Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series in an hour-long KAPOW! presentation on Saturday, March 13, from 4 to 5 p.m. The following Saturday March 20th, tune in for the launch of Star Wars: Clone Wars series two, as a special KAPOW! presentation at 5:00 p.m., just before the CINETOON feature.

Star Wars: Clone Wars was created by famed animator Genndy Tartakovsky for the Cartoon Network and Lucasfilm using traditional cell animation with some CGI computer-generated effects. The series picks up where Episode II: Attack of the Clones left off, and bridges the Star Wars story prior to the release of the final feature film in the second big screen trilogy, slated for 2004. Star Wars: Clone Wars broadcasts pre-CINETOON every Saturday at 4:55 p.m. and two back-to-back episodes Mondays and Sundays at 9:30 p.m. in the Detour on TELETOON.

I guess we won't be waiting too long for them after all. :)

8. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    "...TELETOON will air all 10 episodes of the first Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series in an hour-long KAPOW! presentation..."

Dumb question: why is the program an hour long when the first 10 episodes total only about 30 minutes of material?

9. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    why is the program an hour long when the first 10 episodes total only about 30 minutes of material?

Commercials. ;)

10. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Gee. So glad I've been diligently programming my VCR for 5 minutes every Saturday, when I could have just gotten them all at once on March 13th.

DVD - where oh where are you?

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Just a reminder to you all.

Teletoon begins showing Chapters 11-20 tonight @ 5 pm.

*sets VCR*

:D

12. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    For those who missed it...myself included, worry not. I have forseen that episodes 11 & 12 shall be aired at 9:30, on Monday, the 22nd. So set your VCR, inless your lucky enough to have Hyperspace, like me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.