main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Wow that was.....pretty damn bad. They made him sound like some drugged up surfer dude. But I should have expected something like this by now in terms of continuity issues.:(

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Oh god, my horrible day just got so much worse. That is NOT how Quinlan Vos acts.:mad:

4. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I said all along that people begging to see Vos in the show are begging for trouble. Lets see Coleman Kcaj!!! Or Stass Allie! Lets see individuals we don't already know alot about because they hear us throwing out names and then George rewrites everything.

5. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Man... I'll reserve my judgment until the full episode airs...but...hmmm

You know, I was toying around with the idea of how it would be interesting/cool to have Rahm Kota appearing in an episode, but now I fear they'd make him a friendly old man touting about patience and enjoying tea with all his good clone buddies.... [face_plain]

I mean, God forbid they use an existing EU character who could introduce a new twist to the show (distrusting clones) and teach a moral to boot (don't judge a book, etc...we know how they love to have their weekly moral).

I'm really missing the straightforward enjoyable approach of the Genndy series. I'd bet simple things like Dooku training Grievous in a sparring match won't ever happen in this new series. Instead, politics and rampant EU destruction. Occasionally they get some good episodes, like Clone Cadets and ARC Troopers, but there's so much slow moving stuff in between.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I've never really spent much time thinking about how Vos would sound, so thats fine with me. He could even be viewed as talking to Cody with Sarcasm. Maybe it will not be that bad.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Um, who was that supposed to be? He looked kind of like Quinlan Vos, actually he looked a lot like Quinlan, but aside from that, nothing in common with the comics' Quinlan Vos. Although I haven't followed or kept up that closely with Vos' career, never really cared about him that much (no offense), but... just about everything is seriously off. Maybe they can say its his cousin? Or twin brother? Or something?! Just like how we're getting Maul's brother soon.

Oh dear, I can see the attempt to retcon this into Vos' Clone Wars' history. "While Vos was spying on Dooku as one of the Dark Acolytes, he flew back to Coruscant to annoy Obi-wan, then flew back to resume his undercover work". (Yes, I know, this series is probably set early in the Clone Wars, so this could all be before his big undercover mission... but since they're screwing with canon, might as well think big.) Or maybe they'll chalk up his whole Republic arc as just more delusions from when he lost his memory? Or maybe we can chalk this episode up as a hallucination? How could they use Secura without setting off too many alarms, then have this?

Oh well, maybe the episode won't turn out quite so bad (the second season Mandalore episodes didn't turn out quite that horribly, although the Mandalore episodes this season were barely worth a first viewing). Not that I'm expecting much, unfortunately.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Jan Duursema's take on Vos's TCW characterization (page 2): http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=17910&start=15

Interesting. [face_thinking]

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ^ That is interesting. Didn't she help create Vos?

Also, re-watching assassins, it occurred to me that this is the first time we have seen someone sleep on a spaceship in the series. Also a tad odd, since she was going from Coursicant to Alderaan, two well traveled core worlds.

Might travel times be longer than we thought?

11. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I know Duursema drew Vos, and I'm pretty sure he created him.

I suppose it lessens the blow to have Vos's creator approve of him, at least from a certain point of view...

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Maybe they were stuck in Coruscant rush-hour traffic? :p

13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

rather a wartime detour necessary since contested worlds or battles are ongoing on the shortest possible route? Or just to be safe she traveled lesser hyperlanes since she is a prominent target often looked for on prominent hyperlanes?

either way, Alderaan and Coruscant might have day/night time not synchron and she needed a nap to adapt to the change :p

or the bed was used for... as fans already hinted at... other means during the journey :p

14. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

The Essential Atlas has some interesting POVs on travel times and hyperspace routes. From page 14, I quote:

Because it's so much faster to use well-known, frequently traveled hyperspace routes, finding the quickest trip between two points can be counterintuitive. Star System A and Star System B might be linked by a trade route just a few dozen light-years long, but if few ships use that route, travel along it will be agonizingly slow, with spacers better off traveling hundreds of light-years along a heavily trafficked route between Star System A and Star System C, then hundreds of light-years back along another busy route to Star System B. For example, to travel between Malastare and Druckenwell - two worlds in the southeast Mid Rim - ships typically hop all the way to the Inner Rim to make a route switch at Denon.

The reason given for why heavily-traveled routes are safer is given on page 13: The more trips taken along a route, the better obstacles' positions can be fixed and the faster ships can travel safely. Constant tweaking lets well-traveled routes remain stable, while the galaxy's ceaseless twirl can wipe away infrequently used ones within decades.

This all goes back to the original method of mapping hyperspace routes - quick, short microjumps, scanning ahead after each jump, then combining the routes into a complete route (to paraphrase the Atlas). From the maps, it looks like the most heavily-traveled route from Coruscant to Alderaan would be taking the Perlemian Trade Route to Brentaal, then following the Commenor Run out to Alderaan.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  15. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Here is John Ostrander's opinion:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?t=17910&start=15

One thing I love abut Star Wars is that the makers are willing to actually talk to the fans! :D

16. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006

[face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Tell that to Filoni and crew.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There is a new Quinlan clip.

Two interesting points:

-Gardulla *may* be alive... or else it's just Gardulla the Younger. No problems then.

-Quin seems to be using psychometry on that glass there. Which would be awesome, if true.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I think the Hutt designs are also worth mention. Especially the one with the glasses.

20. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Definitely agreed- that's probably only the second appearance of glasses I can think of, after Noa from the one Ewok movie, The Battle for Endor.[face_thinking]

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    We're starting to see quite a few these days... I'm fairly certain there was a Sullustan in the Hambley books with glasses. And of course, Vindi from the show, who apparently wore glasses because it was a cultural fad on a planet he was staying at for a while.

Although oddly, I think we've seen more characters with monocles than true eyeglasses...

22. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    When I first saw that I was just mad. I mean, Gardulla is killed 10 years before the Clone Wars by Jango Fett and now we get this?! But then I was pointed to the existence of this guy and things don't look so bad. GL may insist that it's Gardulla from TPM, but the next Visual Guide by Jason Fry will just retcon it to be her offspring - and no problem! Good things Hutts are hermaphrodites, so the gender doesn't really matter.

23. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Sure, just like the Greedo thing wasn't a contradiction....

...until they decided it was.

You know, the "vision" thing.

24. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    More Hutts is a Good Thing, in my opinion. The whackier the better. Bonus points if we get pimp hat Ziro.

I agree that it looks like the clip was leading into some psychometry on Quin's part. If not... well, that's a huge missed opportunity.

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    this new clip is much better!

-Lion King musical Hutt style with the Hutt helmets for twilek dancers
    -Quin being more Quin including Psychometry and no respect for Hutts
    -Nice Alien DJ and equipment
    -Gardulla is no problem at all as already mentioned (even if she is TPM Gardulla, retcon it that she had offspring she sacrificed as her decoy earlier in EU etc.)
    -and best of all: HUTT with Headset and glasses... he ruled! please make him availeable as icon!