main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I figured it out. :)

blackmyron likes this.
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Jello's gone halfway to rationalizing it as a Senate trial . . . we could perhaps go further. Perhaps Padme is on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and was able to play her role because of that? Is Tarkin representing the military judicial system? Did the Senate bring him on as a special prosecutor? Does this suggest a legal background for Tarkin? Important questions that don't make me mad about Barriss!

CooperTFN likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I just interpreted it as a 'Military Tribunal', but the hierarchy of the military happens to include a lot of Senators at this point in the war? The various committees and so on we heard of. Some were at least responsible for the conduct of the war - thus ships weren't at Duro and were at Iseno.

Much like how Krytos Trap had Ackbar as judge. The New Republic were in the midst of creating a judiciary, as the Old Republic were in the midst of creating a military hierarchy.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Luminara obviously became Darth Maul's girlfriend and corrupted Barriss behind the scenes.

When next we see her, Darth Lummie will be breaking her captured Sith apprentice out of jail.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't you mean Lumiya Unduli? ;)

6. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    No, Lumiya is clearly the daughter of Luminara and Maul. [face_whistling]

:p

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Now you're just begging them to create a TCW-alternate explanation for Lumiya's cyborg implants.

Cronal, Zorrixor and Random Comments like this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Maul couldn't stand his offspring being able-bodied so he chopped a bunch of stuff off randomly.

9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Vos didn't bomb the kriffing Temple.

Vos didn't kill any of his fellow Jedi

Vos was ordered into his role of spy and got consumed by the Dark Side for a time.

Barriss killed Jedi and Clones intentionally and Force choked a woman to death.

There is no redemption for such crimes.

At least not in the eyes of the Jedi Order. The Force forgave Anakin, not the Jedi.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Vos didn't do any of that...

...yet.

:p

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Coffee addiction actually. Having that much caffeine in your system is not good for your mental health.

Didn't he kill K'khurk? I mean, he got better, but it is the thought that counts.

12. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Stop giving Filoni and Lucas ideas Zor :p

Joking aside, I thought the missing Luminara was just a lost opportunity to see a master vs master approach between Luminara and Anakin with each defending their respective padawan. At this point, I can only hope that Luminara eventually has a sit down with her padawan and have Barriss's betrayal make more sense in the future.

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm pretty sure Filoni would say that Luminara is Maul's cousin.

Robimus likes this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Exar Kun made me do it. I was enthralled."

"Now, when you say 'enthralled'...."

Cronal and Zorrixor like this.
  15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Coming to you Season Six: the death of K'Kruhk at Quinlan Vos's hands (who care's if he's mentioned in ROTS? We can Special Edition that out in the future... and anyway, there are no boundaries anymore! ANYTHING GOES! 8-}).

I should probably qualify this post by pointing out I have yet to see any of this series (Sky Movies, I hate you) and am merely being facetious, not meaning to contribute to the general ragewar going on about the storyline. :p

Esg and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He attempted to kill K'khruk but didn't. If K'kruhk is offed then Dark Times and Legacy would be invalidated. No complaint from me but just saying

17. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Invalidate Legacy?

=D==D==D=

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    You're saying they wouldn't kill K'Kruhk because it'd affect something? [face_rofl]

[​IMG]

JackG, Zeta1127, Esg and 1 other person like this.
  19. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    psh, K'Kruhk has died so many times it wouldn't even count. I imagine that K'Kruhk is just the name of the hat, and once the host body dies it drifts around until it finds another suitable Whipid host who then takes on the name and duties of being the K'Kruhk.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    No, all I'm saying is that it would affect 2 comic series' from later on. How would they fix that? Or are we not supposed to care about Dark Times and Legacy anymore?

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche

mnjedi likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

23. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I like this idea. Before the prequels I always thought that the senators of the Old Republic would be involved in the Clone Wars (hence how Ben could "serve" Bail in the war). Not to mention how (as you mentioned) the New Republic had people like Ackbar and Bel Iblis straddling the line between military and political leadership.

And if you want to go back in the timeline, Ulic's trial is a precedent for senators and the Chancellor trying a Jedi during wartime. And Demagol's trial involved the Republic's civilian leaders and Senate also, if I recall.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    A true gentleman does not shout in court. [​IMG]
    Nor does he support Legacy.

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I doff my hat to you, good sir.

It's been way too long since I saw that image.

CooperTFN likes this.