main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Clone wars Exhibit in Indiana

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Clone wars Exhibit coming to indianapolis 3/23/09-1/31/2010

Jaclyn Falkenstein, the Public Relations Coordinator for ChildrensMuseum.org, sends us this update on a new Star Wars: The Clone Wars exhibit that will be opening March 23rd.

"This spring, a galaxy far, far away comes to The Children?s Museum of Indianapolis when STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS Exhibition opens March 23. The visual exhibition features artwork, costumes and other pieces used in the concept and production for STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, the first-ever animated feature and television series from Lucasfilm Animation.

Children and families to The Children?s Museum will be able to visualize the characters, the stories and the worlds of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS as they view maquettes, concept designs and artwork from the series, as well as costumes, props, models and character art from the live-action feature films.

Animation scale models introduce visitors to The Clone Wars and the process by which its characters and worlds were created, designed and brought to life. A single scale model ? known as a maquette ? illuminates how a character concept can translate from an idea, to an actor, to a sculpture and finally to the screen.

Framed digital prints of original Clone Wars art and environments allow visitors a look into worlds beyond the stars. Life-sized flats of Anakin, Yoda, Ahsoka and other Star Wars characters stand in poses allowing children (and adults!) unique opportunities to pose for photos with their favorite Clone Wars characters.

In addition, props from the live action feature films will be on display to illustrate how physical designs were incorporated into the unique look of the animated series. In addition to lightsabers and costumes from the movies, a full-sized Jedi starfighter will be prominently displayed in the museum?s Welcome Center.

The animated STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS series covers an exciting era in the Star Wars Saga, taking place between Episodes II and III. As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights struggle to maintain order and restore peace. Led by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the heroic forces of the Galactic Republic valiantly resist the evil Count Dooku and his sinister Separatist agents. New episodes of the animated television series can be seen each Friday at 9 p.m. on Cartoon Network.

The STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS Exhibition will be at The Children?s Museum of Indianapolis through January 31, 2010.

For more information, visit ChildrensMuseum.org."

I'll definitely have to go see this when we make our annual roadtrip to south bend to see family this summer, but please tell me some of you all are going to see this and get pictures!!!

2. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    well, I will have to put this on my agenda:)

or, this is the first I am learning of this. Guess I will try to visit and take photo-s
    on my April trip to Indiana, as my March trip to Bloomington, is the weekend before this
    opens.

3. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    A little sad that it was not bigger. They had only one long wall of stuff. It was still fun and they had a show about the planets which was fun to see. I am very glad I went!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.