main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Clone Wars Season 3!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    It was a pretty good episode. Not the standard run and fight episode. I would have thought R2 would have put up more of a fight but it show how loyal he is to 3P0 as well. Not that they would in real life. lol. Loved seeing the other Hutts. Body the same weird heads on them all. Not what I was expecting at all.

2. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    lovin Cad Bane more and more can't wait to see the ep with Cad with a lightsabre

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I caught at the same time and channel, Vinny.
    Channel 38 @ 9:30 pm

Teletoon replayed the episode on Saturday too (5:30 I think).

4. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Thanks.
    My PVR was missing it as it was listed asa re-run.
    All fixed now.
    Vinny

5. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    More politics...

6. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Yeah a little more politics but it was a good episode. Loved Ahsokas new look. Doesn't look like a little kid anymore. The graphics keep getting better and better. Can't wait to see more.

7. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    really liked Ahsoka's new look and didn't mind the politics since this one had a good message behind it

8. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I find it interesting that a mere padawan is allowed such freedom in attire and lightsaber combat style (referring to the shoto she now carries).

9. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    This is starting to irritate me.
    Today's episode, I know, carries an important story line, but there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much politics.
    I know politics is at the centre of all this, but, I have to say again, STAR WARS is entertainment first.
    This is not 'The 39 Steps', this is not 'All the Presidents Men', this is not 'Wag the Dog', this is not 'JFK' this is Star Wars....come on!!!!!!
    Too many times now, this season, episodes have got bogged down in minute political dealings. Yes, they have far reaching implications, but it doesn't take 23 minutes to set up the problem.
    remember what you love about the movies, the ACTION of good versus evil. This season seems to have lost that.
    Apart from the opening of this season, I am sorry to say I am sorely dissapointed.Unless there is some HUUUUGGGEEE improvement, I certainly will not be buying this box set.
    Yours,
    disillusioned.
    Vinny

10. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Agreed, also loved Ahsoka's new look, and can't wait to see her in action with the shoto!

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Darth Jaeger - good to see you on the boards :)

Yes - more politics. I thought the episode was good and I find it interesting how they're teaching kids about the various facets of war. It's really clever - and you can relate these lessons to the various wars going on in our own world. Kudos to Lucasfilm for giving the show more depth.

I do, however, miss Jedi action. But I haven't lost faith in the series - I know what's coming!

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I know exactly how you feel. When I watched last nights episode I wanted more action. It's been really slow without any flash. Is it next week we see Ventress get her but kicked and she runs home. I can't wait. Bring on the war. I want some Jedi action next week. The was the first episode I actually watched on teletoon. I didn't get the HD feed until after.

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Holy Star Wars GODS!
    If you haven't seen the trailer for the second half of season 3 - click the link below.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/14/star-wars-the-clone-wars-trailer-an-ew-exclusive/

Vinny- your doubts will be erased!!!!![face_hypnotized] :eek:

14. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    UnFREAKINGbelievable!!!! I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor after watching that trailer for the second half of Season 3!!! =P~

15. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Wow, talk about the storm after the calm.!!!
    I knew there was gonna be good stuff in this series, as announced at C5...ths looks amazing.
    It really overshadows the first half of the season.
    That will look even weaker in light of the second half. Can't wait til it starts up again.
    Vinny

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Don't forget - new episode this Friday (Jan 7th) at a NEW time, 8:30 MST!!

17. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    This is what I've been waiting for, these are the kind of episodes I want to see weekly. Thank you Clone Wars!
    Ventress was awesome choking the hell out of everyone. Interesting turn with her and Dooku. Glad to see Sidious back in an epsidoes as well.

18. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    That's what I've been talking about for the last 2 months.
    Last night was STAR WARS.

The only grumble I have is that Ventriss's back story could easily be a 1, 2 or even 3 episode arc...just like Boba Fett was. I thought it was also a little heavy handed in its handling of the exposition.

She was awesome though.

Otherwise, it had all the good SW elements. Large scale battle, small scaled duels..a little political intrigue..eg Palpatine ordering Dooku to off Ventriss.
    Good music, great visuals....even the witches were a little hot (minus the head-dresses though.)
    It seems like next week we will get Oppress.
    Is there any confirmation of that?

Faith restored, but still feel the last 4 or so episodes were a waste.
    Hope this carries on.
    Vinny

19. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Another great episode.
    great set-up of the who's supposed to kill who, or who's gonna get who first.
    Great treachery.
    Doesn't Savage Opress just look unstoppable!
    V

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    He does look unstoppable, but he took out the 2 jedi way to easy. It seemed that they didn't really try to use the force. They just straight on attacked him and got beat. It might have been better if it was a longer fight. It seems like Opress doesn't have force powers like Maul did. Or somehow they unlock them next episode??? Also do you think they will kill him off next episode or will ventress get it. Either way somebody has to die as their can only be one real apprentice. Just my thoughts????

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Great episode!
    I don't think Savage has Force abilities. And I agree with you, Prelude. Those Jedi went down far too easily. The Master/Knight barely used the Force - and it wasn't like Savage broke his arm (he was punching him during the fight).
    I happen to think Savage will be the one to die - not Ventress.

22. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    I agree....I was shocked how easy the Jedi went down without force use.
    One was a padawan...but still.

I also agree...I think Savage will go down, however it happens it should be a great fight.
    V

23. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Holy**** awesome!! This show is just getting better and better!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

24. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    OMG!! OMGOMG OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!![face_dancing] =D= =P~

THIS IS SO EFFING AWESOME!!!!!!

25. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've got goosebumps just reading that article! Can't wait!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.