main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Clone Wars Snoozefest?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by red-dwarf, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Watching last night's episode (8th Oct), I couldn't help but think 'Boy, this is boring'.

It is the episode on Mandolor when the kids get poisoned by tainted tea, the poison having been brought in by corrupt import officials. Something like that anyway, I got bored half way through.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Star Wars is Action/Adventure, Space Opera, Space Western etc.
    Call it what you will...last night had none of this. The story was dull, dull, dull.
    Now, it may be leading towards something else, but if that is the case and it is leading to something, in some way, the first part of a longer story arc, then it should still hook us and intrigue us.
    Further more, it looked washed out and colourless, with none of the 'rainbow' that we are used to.

I'm sad to say, it reminded me of an original Star Trek episode.

1) Different planet
    2) Humanoids (again)
    3) New costumes just to differentiate them from other humanoids (remember Star Trek used humanoid purely because they didn't have the technology to produce varied aliens each week.)
    4) Storyline of socio-political comment. Again, because they couldn't afford to produce too much action.

You can yawn at anytime here.

We had a great opening to this season, but we have now had 3 episodes in a row where the main thrust has been 'diplomacy and politics'. 2 blockades and now Padme is sent out as a politician.
    I'm starting to worry, have they dropped the ball.
    Remember the old saying about collecting 'Just because it says Star Wars on it, that doesn't mean it's going to be valuable'...the same is starting to ring true here.
    Just like the holiday Special before it...'Just because it is a Star Wars program doesn't mean it's going to be entertaining.'.
    I ask myself the question, 'when I buy the DVD box set will I watch the last 3 episodes?'
    Answer 'NO'.
    Sorry to say, I am worried.
    I hope it improves soon.
    Vinny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.