main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V CLONE WARS UNFINISHED STORY REELS EPISODES

Discussion in 'Literature' started by QuiWanKenJin, Mar 30, 2021.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    So, I noticed that after they were shown at Star Wars Celebration, "A Death On Utapau," "In search of the Crystal," "Crystal Crisis," and the "Big Bang" were on Youtube for a time to watch. But I just noticed recently that Disney has subsequently blocked them all. Which if you think about it, doesn't make any sense. If they think the public shouldn't be watching these, then why show them at Star Wars Celebration anyway?

Does any know if they are available to watch elsewhere on the web? Or perhaps there is a way to bypass Disney's block? Would a paid VPN work? [face_thinking]

2. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    The Utapau episodes were never shown at Celebration, as they were uploaded directly to StarWars.com back in September of 2014. You may be thinking about the original Bad Batch story reels, which debuted at Celebration 2015 before being officially uploaded online. Unfortunately, the story reels were taken down from the official website by LFL around the time that TCW Season 7 was airing. Up until recently, there was one Utapau story reel that had miraculously survived the purge and was still available on the official website, but it seems to have recently joined the others in the digital great beyond. However, you can still *legally* watch the Utapau story reels if you happen to own the TCW Lost Missions Blu-ray, where it is included as a bonus feature. I've got no idea how to access the privated vids on YouTube, unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Daneira likes this.
  3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I wish they'd done The Utapau episodes instead of the Bad Batch or Maretz Sisters arcs

4. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Bad Batch episodes were necessary because they're making a Bad Batch TV show. What you call the "Maretz Sisters arc" is how Ahsoka gets from leaving the Jedi Order to returning with information about Mandalore which leads into the Siege of Mandalore episodes.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I originally saw the Mandalore episodes first and it added a bit of mystery when Anakin asked Ahsoka what she was doing on that planet (forget name). Then I watched the Sister arc and I was like yeah I didn't need to see that to watch the Mandalore arc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    So there's at least one "lost" arc that we know exists in story reel form and has not been released as completed episodes, adaptations, or even complete story reels - the Boba Fett / Cad Bane arc. I wonder if we'll see these episodes come out in some form around the time "The Book of Boba Fett" arrives on the scene? (How about this scenario: they release the story reels to set the stage for live-action Cad Bane appearing in the Boba Fett series? Hmm...)

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Voice acting for at least one character appears to be unfinished for that Bane/Boba arc, which is apparently the only thing from it being on the level of Utapau or Bad Batch (was likely one of the Bounty Hunter guest actors).

And multiple other arcs also have completed animatic reels, there's the original Nyx cut of the Ahsoka underworld arc and the first half of Dark Disciple. The Bad Batch on Kahsyyyk arc is the only one where animatics were started but not completed, though whether that's on the level of full episodes being complete or if the cutoff is partway through one of the eps is unknown (for instance, Eps 1 and 2 might be complete, then production paused before Eps 3 and 4, or the prod. shutdown could have taken place in the middle of the one of the 4 eps).

Son of Dathomir would've been next in line for its animatic, and was in the model development stage before production halted.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think they're on the StarWars.com website somewhere. That would probably be why they took down anything not uploaded to their own Youtube.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  9. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    So the only links I could find go to youtube and they're labeled as private videos. With no explanation as how to get access. Do you have to be a Lucasfilm employee or a Clone Wars cast member to watch them? [face_sigh]

10. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    As I said, the story reels were pulled from StarWars.com by around the time that the revival was airing early last year. Makes sense, since the Bad Batch reels were basically a free version of something that was about to go up on their Disney+ as "new" content, but I wish they were still officially accessible for historical purposes. There are reference materials out there that were released before 2020 and, well, reference those reels. The Utapau stuff is on the Lost Missions Blu-ray, but I honestly have no idea why those reels were pulled in the first place, given they were never finished for the final season and the Databank has entries based on subjects that only appear in those episodes, not to mention other reference materials that have been released over the years. I suppose this ultimately speaks to the erasure of the TCW Legacy project itself in the face of the TCW revival, as most of its content has unfortunately been removed from StarWars.com. Son of Dathomir was only really a retroactive part of the project in the first place due to when it was released, and Dark Disciple has a new A Clone Wars Novel subtitle (like the old CW multimedia project novels from the early 2000s) on the most recent versions of the Del Rey timeline.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The Clone Wars ended with Season 7, so the entire story arc per say is finished. Now, there is nothing to stop them from coming out with a Season 8 "The Lost Missions 2" and not only animated that arc (Crystal Crisis) but also do the one with Yoda and the Bad Batch in Kashykk. Maybe even add Rex and R2-D2 arc which is suppose to have a lot of clones. I'd say why not. That would give it an extra 12 episodes more.

12. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    That won't happen, I remember Filoni saying in one interview, that it was nice to finally finish TCW and have a sense of closure, and many people who had originally worked on TCW have already moved on, and Filoni himself is ready to move on and tell exciting stories in the future(he was referring to The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, etc.), but there is something in store for The Clone Wars fans, and now it is clear that he was referring to The Bad Batch. So I don't see them coming back for another "Lost Missions" run, that would detract that sense of finality and closure from season 7 that Filoni was referring to. However, I can certainly see these unproduced storylines being used in other shows/mediums. I can totally see Cad Bane vs Boba Fett either in The Book of Boba or in The Bad Batch. Kashyyyk arc can be used in The Bad Batch. Crystal Crisis arc can be certainly transformed into live action as flashbacks for Obi-Wan Kenobi series, it definitely has very important moments between Anakin and Obi-Wan, Anakin's feelings on Ahsoka's departure, and how Obi-Wan tried to support Anakin, so it would be a shame if they just forgot about it. Maybe they will adapt some of those arcs into comic books or novels, like The Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple. But it is safe to say, that The Clone Wars show is done.

13. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    The Top Gun homage sounded at least on paper like a wonderful idea and kind of what something Lucas would do. Umbara arc was basically a tribute to 'Apocalypse Now' and I guess a good chunk of the fan based deemed it as their favorite arc so doing similar to that as a clone arc would be very cool to revisit.

14. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I think having more arcs adapted into comics and books isn't unlikely. Filoni wants to move on, but he clearly loves TCW and I can't imagine telling someone no if they asked to adapt an arc. I'm wondering if an edited version of the Bad Batch Kashyyk arc will make it into the show as a prologue during the premier. It wouldn't be able to be as long, but it could be a logical choice for a show exploring the aftermath of the war.

Daneira likes this.
  15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I want the new look of the Yuuzhan Vong. That'd be interesting.

16. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I own the "Lost Missions" but its the DVD not the Blu-Ray. Is there no other way?

17. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Correct, the four Utapau story reels are only included with the Blu-ray version.

18. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I only want Son of Dathomir ngl...

fett 4 likes this.
  19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    We certainly need that given Maul role in S7 and that last we saw him, he was being zapped by Palpatine in S5

indydefense likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It wouldn't be so hard for these to arcs to be rewritten into 80 minute animated movies. Filoni wouldn't even have to sacrifice his creativity integrity if they just scrubbed 'The Clone Wars' off the title card.

Darth Maul: Son Of Dathmir (A Disney+ Exclusive)
    Boba Fett and the Bounty Hunters (A Disney+ Exclusive)
    Anakin and Obi Wan: Crystal Crisis (A Disney+ Exclusive)
    The Bad Batch: Invasion on Kashyyk (A Prequel to the hit Disney+ animated series)

AV-6R7, fett 4 and lordpixie like this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Speaking only for myself, I never cared about the Bad Batch S7 episodes and so I personally wouldn't care if they didn't show that Kashykk arc. The other arcs I would love to see
    (all that stuff about that it was for Rex arc was nonsense as you can scrub that and not miss a thing for Rex)

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think any future of these arcs will be done in animated movie forms, but thinkgs like Dark Disciple and the amul arc will be in thei meduims and not get animated. Not unless they can see great profit in it, maybe Dark disciple as that would be a 2 hour movie.

23. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    This may be somewhat likely if they're still supposed to be on Kashyyyk when Order 66 comes down.

QuinlanSolo and JediKnight75 like this.
  24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think anything can happen, I'm not about to throw in the towel yet. I remember back then when ROTS came out it was said that there would be no more star wars movies and that it was final and yet here in 2021 we already have 5 more live action movies with a 6th one coming out in 2023. Anything can happen

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not to some people here hopes up, but there could be aninated movie at work that might adapt.