main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Clone Wars web comics: Official thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've noticed that a few of us were using [link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/28450104/p88/?2192]the general TCW thread[/link] in this (the Literature) section of the forums to discuss the new comic, or went over to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/live_action_clone_wars_classics/b10467/29641345/p1/?67]the other TCW Web Comics Discussion Thread[/link] in the TV show forum.

So yeah... the webcomics are not being ignored. They're just being discussed everywhere but the designated official thread. :p

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The next issue is up, and for the first time in the Clone Wars, we see a member of the AgriCorps - Sanya. Nice to see members of these branches.

From her hair and skin color, I'm guessins she's either a Zeltron or a Falleen.

Tyzen calling her a "washout" - smooth. Real smooth. Now he's in the Jedi doghouse. I have to wonder if Anakin would feel a twinge of sympathy towards him, since he's probably been in the same situation with Padmé and Ahsoka.

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 10, 2005
    So, we finally get to see Ukio...sweet.

I Liked the agricorps member too. Not everyone is a jedi afte rall. Though we have recently seen more of the agricorps than the other service corps. I get the medical corps is small, but how about the education corps and explorer corps?

Kid was rude. This amuses me.

Great heart to heart between the Padawan and his Clone Commander. Ganch almost seems like a better jedi teacher than Tyzen's actual jedi teachers.

Anyway, I am really liking everything about Act On Instinct. The characters, the art, story overall, the politics...good stuff. Good stuff.

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I think she's supposed to be Devaronian, but I'm not completely sure.

Anyway, I'm enjoying these comics this season, too. Kind of cool to see it on its own storyline.

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I concur with the Devaronian theory---she's got the tiny horn-dots on her forehead.

Her robes remind me of the ones the [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Surprise!.jpg]Jedi "strike team"[/link] wore in KOTOR...

EDIT: Less, uh, ridiculous picture of the robes, as modeled by [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Cargryph_Capital_Management%27s_foundation.JPG]Zayne[/link].

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    You know, whenever the Clone Wars finally finishes up for Episode III, I'd love to see a large side story devoted to a team-up of all the random TCW padawans we've seen in the tie-ins--this guy, Windham's Secret Missions Chiss, and the unnamed Padawan from Decide Your Destiny. It'd be fun. :D

TC

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    New one is up.

Apparently the CIS's strategy is to dump ash (or something) into Ukio's upper atmosphere and blot out the sun. Very scorched earth... er, sky.

8. IllogicalRogue2

IllogicalRogue2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    Would these be the "Digest" size comics?

9. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Nope. [link=http://starwars.com/clonewars/comic/]Online[/link]. They have a whole set for Season One as well (accesible in the drop down menu on the reader itself).

10. IllogicalRogue2

IllogicalRogue2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2003
    Cool thanks- the art looked like the Digest versions. Made me wonder if they come out in that format - apparently only online still.... drat. I like to HOLD my comics....

Once more I must break from the habits.

11. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Unfortunately, no hard copy yet. I'm hoping, though. I like to hold my comics, too :)

12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Seems cheaper than an orbital nightcloak at any rate.

13. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Right. After an even longer break than the show itself, the Clone Wars webcomic has returned. Mostly just a continuation of what we knew earlier, but still an interesting plan: either Ukio has to drop its shields or it has to starve. Win-win.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 6 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm really starting to get into this. I like that it's one ongoing story, rather that just little addenda to each episode. And I love that they're using Ukio. After Thrawn, those guys must be starting to wonder whether the shields are even worth it. [face_mischief]

15. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    It would seem that Act on Instinct has come to an end.

16. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Man, Act on Instinct was such a disappointment compared to the last year's stuff. It only tied into the single episode of the series, its story was completely standalone and could be told in a fewer number of pages, not to mention not being spread over 8 months and published with irregular schedule.

It was kinda nice to see Seps winning at the end, but there was too much stuff in there that was barely elaborated upon and could be dropped altogether. Did anyone notice the galaxy map at the last page is basically taken straight from the Awesome Atlas? [face_peace]

17. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Wow, what a poorly executed good idea. IT ended much too quickly, too.

Also, why couldn't the Corporate Alliance buy the planet in the first place? Surly the cost of their complicated scheme at least equaled the cost of the planet. [face_thinking]

18. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

I noticed the map as well. And I know exactly how the Atlas junkies are going to react - [face_hypnotized]=P~

19. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Hehe. That is how businessmen fight a war.

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    see Atlas topic... posted it there ;)

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Heh -- indeed. Finally a clever use for a Separatist leader. As was said, the basic idea of the story was good. I just wish they had fleshed out the characters and plot a little more. I sort of liked the Devaronian wash-out Padawan (we need more of those types in the EU... the students in the Agricorps and Explorecorps and etccorps). But the Jedi woman had less personality than the cardboard cut-outs used in the background of ANH's award ceremony, and Tyzowyrm or whatever the little Zabraks's name was edging toward the cliched side.

The plot was clever. But it ended a little abruptly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.