main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Clone Wars web comics: Official thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    If I knew the first thing about Flash, I'd have something worthwhile to add. But I don't. Not really in the job description. Not that I have a job description, mind you.

But, in the interests of being constructive, perhaps there's contact info here that would be useful. I know I'll be using it.

http://www.spacedogentertainment.com/

As far as the vertical format, we wanted to do something that wouldn't preclude this thing ever seeing print, like the webstrips that will likely never see the printed page (in the States, anyway).

ph

2. Trip

Trip Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You're the guy we get to sling random complaints at. I know that's what I do. :p

3. Pabawan

Apr 2, 2002

You're the guy we get to sling random complaints at.

Steve Sansweet can keep that job! ;)

Seriously, though, all feedback is appreciated. And since this is somewhat of a long haul, I'm hoping we can evolve as we move on. Two down, twenty more to go!

ph

4. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Damn, it will hardly load for me! The first page and the back page load fine, but the middle ones are not loading!:mad: Right now I am using IE whe I oray use firefox, but my sister isusinggtheirefx computer right now. Are people having these problems with firefox also?

EDIT: It is now working, except fairly slowly.

5. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I'm aöso using Firefox, but I haven't had any such problems.

6. RaidonMakoto

RaidonMakoto Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2007
    The WebComics are pretty cool so far. I should make a custom Commander Kite figure, he's pretty awesome.

7. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    How often will these be published?

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Most likely once a week, right before each new episode, since it appears that they tie in with specific episodes. This week we got two, because we got two new episodes, but we'll probably only get one a week from now on. That'd be my guess.

Though, I've been known to make mistakes... from time to time.

9. Mange

Jan 11, 2003
    I hope so... Thanks RF! :) I hope that this is a feature that won't just disappear one day (like the excellent Visual Guide did).

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As an aside, using Safari on a mac, I didn't have any problems zooming in or dragging/scrolling about. My earlier comments just wished there was more zoom options other than "zoomed all the way in", "defeaulty zoomed out with grey borders" and "fit t o screen". A couple middle options would be great.

11. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    Personally, I don't mind a tall Phuii. I don't think we should automatically assume all the podracer pilots in TPM are typical (or maximum) height for their species. Pilots often tend to be on the shorter side. Mars Guo is about the same height as Leia, Master Ares about the same height as Jango, so the height variance in their species isn't any more extreme than in humans.

12. JMM

JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File star 3 VIP

Jul 9, 1998
    At first, I had trouble reading the comic pages right, but with a little fiddling, I got it to the right size. It may just be the controls are a little touchy.

And I agree with the comments about height. But instead of Jango for the tall person, I'd have picked Qui-Gon. If IMDB is to be believed, Liam Neeson's more than a foot taller than Carrie Fisher! No reason aliens can't have the same kind of range.

13. DaggerSword

DaggerSword Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2008
    Not to mention Grievous and Sk'ar. Same species, drastic height-difference. ;)

14. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    The comic will posted once a week prior to the weeks new episode. The rotation of artists is Myself, Katie Cook, Jeff Carlisle and Grant Gould. I did the first 2 stories, this week will be Mr. Gould's story, followed by Katie, Jeff and then back to me.

Not every story will be DIRECTLY wrapped into that week's episode, but will have implications somewhere in the grand scheme of things.

15. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I finally "got" the online comics once Ambush began. They're promos of a sort. I really like each episode being prefaced this way. Zooming issues aside, it's a pretty cool idea.

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    So there's a new comic up (Thanks, Mani). I do so love hearing "General Skywalker". And it looks like the Y-wings are coming out. Sweet.

17. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Nice. I could appreciate a good ol' space battle.

Also, Better zoom if I'm not mistaken.

18. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    So Anakin makes Y-Wings Y-Wings? I wish he was personally responsible for less.

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Puts an interesting twist on his gunning them down over Yavin, doesn't it, when he's the first guy to put them into service?

20. Pabawan

Apr 2, 2002
    So Anakin makes Y-Wings Y-Wings?

I don't believe so. I think Y-wings are in use (if Shipyards of Doom is any indication). They just aren't that easy to get at this point.

ph

21. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    What I meant was that apparently Anakin turned them into the quality fighters that hang on until the Rebellion, as the clones don't seem to think too much of them in their current state and Anakin says he'll improve them.

22. Bly

Bly Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    There's two Clones named Broadside and Matchstick, who fly the lead Y-wing of Shadow Squadron. Sounds good to me.:D

23. DaggerSword

DaggerSword Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2008
    Since this is the BTL-B model (named in the PocketModel card game), and the Rebellion uses BTL-S3 and BTL-A4 models, with no mention of anyone other than Koensayr engineers behind them, I'd think his input would be limited to making the ones in this squadron finished, since they appeared to be not fully operational yet.

24. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Sweet comic. I really like seeing Anakin throwing his weight around. One of the things I've had the most trouble with in TCW is seeing Vader in Anakin, but this comic he really evoked that future Vader sensibility. It's nice to see him acting more like Vader, but in the ordinary things, not just in the all-out cruel things. This makes me even more excited for this week's episode.

Keep up the great work, Pablo and Co.!!

25. vong333

vong333 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    TDHAritist and Pabawan- I love the style of the comic, based on the way it is being done, what are the chances that the comics book will either be released in the dvd set of the first season and/or printed form? I sure don't want to happen what happened with the webstrip, were no one wants to publish them beucase of the format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.