main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars web comics: Official thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    So, is Bormus a Gran colony?

Is Bormus the HQ of Keonsayr?

Is Koensayr a Gran company?

2. Pabawan

Pabawan LFL Story Group star 1 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    While I imagine someone else may take it and run with it, I see Bormus as a Koensayr development plant. And the Gran being there is meant as a nod to Ask Aak appointing his friends and toadies into places of influence. But I guess that's conjecture, since it's not on the page.

ph

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Is that all authorial intent counts for these days? Conjecturing about your own work?

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Is Skytop Station a Lucrehulk-class Core Ship?

5. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Pabawan, using the print function of the web comics, the type-face comes out blurry and hard to read when the pages are printed off. Is there anything that can be done about this? Printing them off is the way I like to read them, but the blurry type is really aggravating.

Thanks!

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
  7. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Senate Commando....=P~

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Here's to Jar Jar being useful, eh?

I'm leaving it to the Clone Wars to redeem him somewhat.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm pretty sure the new costume he's wearing sets him back about 1,000 fanpoints. Lavender-colored silk gloves? Really? o_O

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, the reference to the Banking Clan as a lost ally to Dooku is a little odd, as I was just reading Shipyards of Doom, which seems to be set just before the Malevolent arc which is happening during this comic from what I gather, where they say the Banking Clan isn't an ally of the Separatists but just sells to them.

However, the Wampa-skin rug is a nice touch ;)

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Now Jar Jar's place makes sense. Padmé feels indebted to him for his part in the defense of Naboo, and though she realizes that he has the mental capacity of a very young child, she is trying to repay him with a good job and high position, even though he isn't suited for them in any way. A nobel charity, but totally dangerous, but it also seems to jive with an overall sense of incompetence or at least flawedness surrounding the Senator in this comic. A lot more interesting than I was expecting from a Padmé comic...

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The IBC's flip-flopping so far has been strange. I always wanted it brought back to the EU after it was mentioned in a couple of older books, but over time it seemed to have been forgotten, so I had assumed it only applied to the first few months of the war (prior to the Battle of Muunilinst). Now it's suddenly back without any warning.

But I wonder if, in this instance at least, something else is going on. I find it hard to believe that Padme just "happens" to run into Grievous and get kidnapped in the next episode. Perhaps the IBC set her up? (This theory will be most likely be proven incorrect by Friday, but who knows?)

13. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I agree that the IBC thing sounds really fishy. The question is what do they, and more importantly, Palpatine gain from sending Padmé into this trap? We of course don't know the exact details yet, but it sounds like a test for Anakin, or an attempt to push him faster along the path to the dark side if she dies. I don't really see this being anything against Padmé personally, as she's really no threat to Palpatine.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I agree; if Palpatine wanted Padme dead, he could do it in any number of ways. The problem is accepting the alternative: Padme just happened to fly into Grievous' path, and Anakin just happened to be chasing his ship.

Then again, I might be getting ahead of myself here, and there's a whole other explanation why she flies into him.

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Well Threepio is looking for Anakin's whereabouts, so it's possible he figures it out, Padmé decides to surprise Anakin, and jumps into whatever system as Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting the Malevolence in, and gets stupidly captured because she apparently doesn't understand the concept of war.

That or she thinks she can help the Naboo forces that arrive to help Anakin and Obi-Wan.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tri-Nebulon News?

Hurrah for NewsNets references! Now, if only Coruscant Daily Newsfeed and/or the Canted Circle could make an appearance...

17. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
    If anything, at this point, Palpatine wants Padme as healthy as possible. If Anakin had lost Padme during The Clone Wars, Palpatine's plans would have been screwed. He would have had to have one hell of a plan B to match Anakin's Padme obsession.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "I can bring her back, you know."

Anakin's a credulous dope. He'd fall for it.

19. Manisphere

Aug 25, 2007
  20. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    zNot bad,i accepted more,but it will do.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Ooo wheelies.

The Separatists should have an entire army consisting solely of Mouse Droid Wheels! Three times more effective than your average B1!

22. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Like I said in the Clone Wars thread, either this what we get when we mix Star Wars with that movie Mouse Hunt, or this is what clonetroopers do when they get bored. Either way - [face_laugh]

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Mouse droids are now more powerful than you can possibly imagine. Or at least a video game enemy waiting to be used in the "big blob turns into little blobs when attacked" kind of way. ;)

24. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    When will the next one arive.

25. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Hmmm....uh, okay, yeah. No web strip up yet. Hmph.

Bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.